The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

Quinjester i just watched the youtube link now that i am more interested as it were, bad ass!!

here's what i found - http://www.hlj.com/product/kbykp-43 , the horse is way cool.

I think i'll get this!! SOC version i mean, as long as the horse transforms. Anyone know how big this kotobukiya version is?

Love the weapons he gets, this would be the first SOC Super Robot i'd get without knowing much of the anime/game! :D

reminds me of Atlas (Astro's bro) and his horse.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Gotta love the gun aresenal! I think that last vid shows all of it's moves/supers in that particular game, saved! :D

Please tell me there is a PSP version of this, i'll grab a psp like.. NOW. :lol: bout time i got into SRW... specially if the VF-1

team are in it (seen em in one SRW game ages back)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Can someone tell me what's so special about the XS-01R version?

Is this Bandai's way of saying THIS is the version without faulty hips? :rolleyes:

yup pretty much, at least from what I babelfished of the tamashii site:

Soul in SPEC TV edition [evuashirizu], two the machine and zero number machine reforming and it is arranged, the “first number machine” as [riniyuarubajiyon] < the new life >. Soul SPEC 1st feature first number machine (old Ver. ) Vis-a-vis, head & chest abdomen hip & arm it is thick the wrapping of the 腿 renovation to modelling the up-to-date quality. In order that the sharp silhouette is reproduced thinner, it has modelled also the opening and closing gimmick section of cartridge shoulder [ueponbei], anew. In addition, structure of the ankle joint was taken a second look, the foot shell armor followed to the movement of the foot and reached the point where the silhouette is not destroyed. Also the similar weapon belongs of course so far with full equipment.

just rebuild colours isn't it?

the "r" stands for renewal. It's Bandai's version of a 2.0 release. It's the TV version as the new version from the movie has more green on the chest and rib.

Jeeg is looking pretty sweet! I guess it will come with two heads; one static, anime-accurate head and one with the transformation feature. Now if only someone would license the anime for release in the States. Some of my fansub episodes are missing the subs. :(

Where are you getting your aquarion from? I've been searching high and low for it but couldn't find one for sale :(

Bigbadtoystore.com has the aquarion SOC for sale for $214.00 U.S.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthre...;extra=page%3D1

Tamashii will be showing fans a number of exciting new prototypes, products and dioramas at the Toynami booth, all making their North American debut!

Tamashii San Diego Comic Con exclusives for sale at the show include...

- SOUL OF CHOGOKIN: GX-06G1 Limited Metallic Ver. Getter 1 - limited to 500 units - $60

:blink: :blink:

From Matt Alt @ toyboxdx:

http://toyboxdx.com/phorum/read.php?1,181619,page=2

It's true. Bandai will be releasing an original "metallic" color variation of the SOC Getta One at the show. It's the first time a variation has ever been released in the US first, so this marks a watershed moment in the Soul of Chogokin series.

Look for it (and a lot more info about upcoming US Soul of Chogokin releases) at Toynami's booth at SDCC.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

If they pull a good looking horsy robot, they have my money for the set. Right now the renders look a bit static but it's still to early.

Seems like it comes with a "perfect transformation" horse head and a snap on one that looks better.