The PlayStation 3 Thread!

Apollo Leader

eBay PS3 auctions. :wacko:

Beware the auctions where people are actually selling E-MAIL addresses like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-prerelese-new_W0QQ...1QQcmdZViewItem

I wonder how many people are going to be duped into spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get an e-mail address instead of the system they thought they won?

No what REALLY a sad state of affairs is when the stores KNOW from experience that this will happen and not get the proper police protection.

But then again any one who's spent more then 30 bucks on a plastic model really shouldn't be pointing fingers either. <_<

Ability to spend the money - yes

willingness to get hurt over an item - Not at all.

Anybody get theres yet? What do you think of it?

Was set up pretty easy or was it harder than you thought?

What games did you get? Your Impression of the whole package?

People are getting robbed in line waiting. WHy are these morons carrying cash? Haven't they heard of plasic or checks?

Some of them are just kids, carrying money they've saved up for maybe the last year....honestly I don't know what I'd do if I spent my days standing in line for a game system....the 360 was simple cause it was an exclusive thing at Gamestop since they could only get 24 units at the store......so they only told those 24 that the store would be open from midnight to 1 AM....and I think out of that 24, there were 40 of us, but that's cause alot of us brought friends along to share in the experince.

But I mostly just stayed in my car with my friend stayin warm instead of hanging outside being teased by the GS guys who hugged the 360 infront of everyone.

If I were standing in line for days, I'd put my inside my pants, not in my pockets but in my pants....I'd just tell the guy "Sorry, but once the store opens I call my place up and my folks bring me my money, your SOL"

Oh I just remembered, I got an email from GS/EB sayign that they still have a small quantity of 20Gig PS3's left....this will be my target to get this instead of the 60 gig, I really don't need all that space in a game system......so in the later months I'll be able to find a 20 gig much faster then the 60.

Edited by Hikuro

Some movie clips from some stores (a Best Buy in Ames, Iowa and the Milwaukee, Wisconsin Wal-Mart where some poor schmuck ran his face into a flag pole). Clearly, someone at these stores should have realized the chaos that was about to transpire...

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/video/10339676/index.html

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/17/violence...ing-ps3-launch/

well, got mine this morning. Waited a whole day in simi valley without any incident. I was only able to get a 20 gig, but I bought it with a game, extra controller, extra charger for the controller and a 2 year warranty with it. :D:p:angry:

haha that stuff is awesome :D

idiots get what idiots deserve. the only think I'd wait in line for is some p**sy and I'd make sure I was in front.

the best part about all this is probably 75% of people waiting in line will put them up on ebay. most couldn't even tell you what launch titles they want to play :rolleyes:

well, got mine this morning. Waited a whole day in simi valley without any incident. I was only able to get a 20 gig, but I bought it with a game, extra controller, extra charger for the controller and a 2 year warranty with it. :D:p:angry:

Wait, did u actully took time off from work for that :blink: ;;

did u get R:FOM? let me know, I'll see you online tonight

GameStop just posted that they will have a couple of 20Gg available for Preorder this evening. But it will be in bundle, I believe for ~$995

Quote:

We will have an extremely limited supply of 20GB PlayStation 3 console bundles for preorder on our site Friday evening, November 17th. We expect these bundles to ship on or before December 1st.

We will not offer 60GB PlayStation 3 console bundles until our store pre-orders have been filled, but check back soon for future preorder opportunities.

If you pre-ordered a PlayStation 3 in-store and have not received a call regarding availability, please contact your local store for more information. We expect to fulfill the majority of store pre-orders at launch and thereafter anticipate periodic shipments from Sony.

Wait, did u actully took time off from work for that :blink: ;;

did u get R:FOM? let me know, I'll see you online tonight

yeah, I bought that game too. I haven't opened mine yet. I'm still thinking if I should sell it or not. We'll see next month. ;):D:p:lol:

Well, if you can deal with all those fake bidders on ebay, then I recommend selling it. Currently there's no game out there that is worth the $700 bucks price tag, unless you plan on using it as a blu-ray player

mine's in my locker, and i probably wont get to it till sunday, tomorrow morning i have a promotional exam to take, then i have to work the afternoon. i bought R:FOM with it. someone offered 2k for it all. man, i'm tempted, i have gears of war to keep me happy. my wife will kill me if she found out someone offered me that.

I just had a look at ebay. $1500-2000 for the damn thing? And people are buying?

To think that Sony is losing money on this and folks were complaing that the system costs too much.

What bunch of suckers these guys are to be paying for something that will eventually be available in bigger numbers.

How do you figure? The people spending this much on PS3s are a minority. The people who camp and are desperate to get their console day one are a minority. It's as yet unseen how the $500 minimum price tag the PS3 commands will go over with the mainstream market.

Wow, I feel bad for the guy that got mugged at broad daylight by 5 guys in Buckland ;)

One of the jerks was pushed out of the car by his fellow robbers :lol:

About 30 miles away, another shopper was beaten and robbed of his new PlayStation 3 just minutes after he bought it at a store in Manchester, police said.

The shopper told police five men surrounded and beat him as he left the Shoppes at Buckland Hills with the new PlayStation.

Police Sgt. Chris Davis said the attackers pushed one of their cohorts out of the car as they drove away. That man, a 17-year-old from Windsor, was charged with robbery, larceny, assault and breach of peace.

for some more news including guns, tire irons and stab wounds. ugh :angry:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/17/playstation.ap/index.html

Edited by dejr8bud

Chowser = Wow :ph34r: .$2k = 3 PS3 60Gg + change. I'm amazed you can resist the offer.

If I have a PS3, I will definitely sell it and use the profit to bring the family on vacation (plus saving for the next toys). But then again, that's just me. :)

mine's in my locker, and i probably wont get to it till sunday, tomorrow morning i have a promotional exam to take, then i have to work the afternoon. i bought R:FOM with it. someone offered 2k for it all. man, i'm tempted, i have gears of war to keep me happy. my wife will kill me if she found out someone offered me that.

Crazy damn people. Gawd!

you ain't kiddin. I was just watching the news here and some guy at the Best Buy(North Riverside IL where there was 300 people) which is less than 10 minutes from my house started swinging a metal pipe at 3 people he accused of jumping the line.

argh, sold.

the dude that owns a the harley shop and atv/jetski shop in my city offered me and the k9 guy $$$ for our systems for his newphews. never even made it home. that sucks. but now my wife can take 2 months off work for the baby and we won't be hurting.

drop in the bucket for this guy, $3k each, cash.

SOLD.

i'm sorry, but for that much, i can't say no.

so now we're both out PS3s.

guess the 360 will tide me over.

Hey guys we got the PS3 right at hand!! Me and my brother (deadghost) decided to take pictures of the PS3 with signs to prove that we own the damn machine. 60GB version too.

IPB Image

"ghost here" I am every one and no one.

What the sign says: Kiss my see through @$$. Mac7 lol and long live MacII and Mac+!

IPB Image

(Gundam Crossfire is on top of the system)

What the sign says: Yo MW, nice PS3 eh...? Well too bad I can't open it..*sigh*. Well at least I have seen the box. =)

Yeah we look like idiots in our jamies, but we have a PS3 in hand so we have unlimited bragging rights. :D .deadghost was the one who camped out for the PS3 for two days striaght no sleep, he had to buy his spot for $600 Best Buy had 46 of them(Which is a lot) and the system for $600 plus the games Gundam Crossfire, Resistance Fall of Man, and House Of Flying Daggers Blue-Ray movie. Damn the cases are nice..makes me want to open it but I can't, the PS3 case is very attractive in real life as I experienced it, Gundam is like tearing me apart I want to play the damn game in high def right now. :wacko:

There were no rules against this so I'm going to post. Ok well deadghost has it on Auction with the 2 Games and movie, its under amen_raw because he is our older bro so he has authentication to sell the system. Ok well thats it, deadghost wishes you guys the best of luck, and I will be drooling at the PS3 and the games in the meantime. :)

Dude you can't afford shoes but you can buy this console?

These stories of violence is just insane. It's a toy you'll get today or next week. Is it worth getting shot over? The people paying thousands for one share the blame. If you buy one from a private party you have to wonder how the person aquired it. Did they stab, shoot one or steal to sell it you. Sick sad bastards.

Dude you can't afford shoes but you can buy this console?

These stories of violence is just insane. It's a toy you'll get today or next week. Is it worth getting shot over? The people paying thousands for one share the blame. If you buy one from a private party you have to wonder how the person aquired it. Did they stab, shoot one or steal to sell it you. Sick sad bastards.

Hey I want the system "he" just wants to sell it. And yes we can afford shoes, I know what you mean Roy.

I wouldn't just buy a system by going way out of the way, he nearly got his fair and square on the exception that he bought a spot.

I bet if you had three PS3 to sell you would do it and keep one. But this is not my auction, personally I would kept the system and played Gundam all day. I'm not disregarding your opinion Roy, just saying what I have to say... ;)

It definitely makes me think Sony should have charged $999 and $899 for it for the first month.

Then after December, they could charge $799 and $699. Then the next month $599 and $499 and stay there for a period of time. No point in losing money on at least the launch consoles. In Japan too, the price cut wasn't necessary. They ALL sold out the first day, so they could obviously charge more. They just don't need to stay at inflated prices.