• FF V
    • FF VI
    • FF VIII
    • FF IX
    • FF X, X-2
    • FF XI
    • FF Tactics
    • Other?(NO FF7)

Honestly Final Fantasy 4 is my favorite. The relationship between Kain and Cecil. Not to forget the surprise by Goblez(sp?), the game making you think characters are dead, 3 different lands that you can visit, a constantly moving story line. The game was just great. FF4 in my opinion actually has the more interested, if not straight forward story in a Final Fantasy game to date. Boss battles while simple had a certain challenge all their own. The cave where you couldn' t equip any type of metal weapon or armor unless you wanted to be paralyzed is one of the many parts that I remember.

IV and tactics but IV better overall. Tactics only problem is that the few scenes where you can't speed up the text and it is SO slow like one leter a second. FFIV was amazing i mean i've been in love with it since I got FFII for the SNES (or a bad version of IV) 10 years ago for christmas.

I love FF VIII. I love rhinoa, and the other characters. The storyline is pretty cool too. I plan on buying FF VIII again if it comes out on PS2. :p:D:lol:

I can't place a vote because FF7 is the ONLY Final Fantasy game I've played all the way through. I must have dropped over seventy hours (from beginning to end) into one of the greatest PS games EVAR. B)

WTF kinda poll is this? You CANNOT lump Final Fantasy I, II, and III into the same choice, they are COMPLETELY different games. I is my favorite, II my least out of the series. And how can you not include VII? Poll for poll's sake, I say dump it. You can do better than this.

Actually, I never cared for Final Fantasy, and it's kind of annoying that Sephiroth or Cloud end up being voted the best videogame character of all time by a bunch of kids who's first videogame was probably Final Fantasy VII... instead of truly classic characters like Mario or Megaman. But I digress. I picked VIII, just so it would get some loving, but I'm actually very partial to both VIII and IX.

FF6 all the way, i didn't like 8's whiny hero and super anoyng leading lady.

What? I didn't think Squall was whiny. To tell the truth, I don't remember him having much personality at all... and Rinoa was annoying? No way! She was the coolest girl in Final Fantasy since Rydia, and super hot to boot! Oh wait... you must have VIII confused with X. Tidus and Yuna... now there's a whiny hero and an annoying female lead!

i say ff6 (ff3us) i like the idea that there was not a central character and everyone in the party had a backstory and as you play throught ff6 you found out why they joined you in the quest, also i liked how in the middle of the game you party got broken up and you had to find them all over again. Also i thought the characters where cool celes the magic knight, terra the half human/esper, setzer the airship pilot/gambler, edgar and sabin twin brothers that where aired to the figaro kingdom and shadow the ninja ....there are alot more of characters but i dont want to waste time. also the end boss is 4 screens tall pretty cool for the snes at that time.

Squall and Rinoa have been to date, the best couple in FF. he starts out as such an ass, and impossible to like, because of the way he treats people around him and how pissedoff he is at seemingly everything. when he finally meets Rinoa at Balamb Garden's ball, that was just a great scene, tremendous emotion behind it. he falls right away, but since he has trust issues, he can't seem to come to grip with what hes got there. its so great so see him finally come around. i think the greatest part of that game is when Squall and Rinoa escape to the Ragnarok, and they have their moment returning to the planet. great stuff. really pulls at the heart.

Squall and Rinoa have been to date, the best couple in FF. he starts out as such an ass, and impossible to like, because of the way he treats people around him and how pissedoff he is at seemingly everything. when he finally meets Rinoa at Balamb Garden's ball, that was just a great scene, tremendous emotion behind it. he falls right away, but since he has trust issues, he can't seem to come to grip with what hes got there. its so great so see him finally come around. i think the greatest part of that game is when Squall and Rinoa escape to the Ragnarok, and they have their moment returning to the planet. great stuff. really pulls at the heart.

Funny... I always found them to be as bad as Tidus and Yuna. :rolleyes:

I really tried to get into X, but never could. i was hooked on VIII right away.

besides, theres really no accounting for taste. :rolleyes:

:p

I really tried to get into X, but never could. i was hooked on VIII right away.

besides, theres really no accounting for taste. :rolleyes:

:p

Sure. But then again... even a good story can't save a poorly executed game. :p

Junctioning made the game SLOWER, because since everybody could summon all they want, they expect you to use it. (This is not a summoning animation-length rant, though it could be)

Anyways, FF8 had the highest HP enemies ever. Normal enemies could be 20,000 to 100,000HP easy. Basic, normal enemies could take like 3-6 summons to kill. It was the only way, unless you want to "Fight" 20 times in a row... Most spells were worthless, and unless you've junctioned 255 Holy/Ultima to strength, your weapons aren't going to do anything either. So for the first 80% of the game, summons are to only way to do any damage at all.

Basically, normal fights took many, many rounds, lasting several minutes. Compare to FF10: so long as you use the right person (Wakka against flyers, Tidus against agile, etc) most people go down in one hit, most groups in one round.

FF8's fights often seemed worthless---sure, I could fight a given enemy, but it'd take forever, and you didn't get much EXP. Much better to fight the weakest enemies possible, to kill them quickly. A 5-minute fight (for 2 or 3 times the exp) isn't worth it, when you could do 30-60sec fights. Now if 5-minute fight enemies were worth 10x the exp, then it'd be worth it. That's how most FF's are--blue dragons, behemoths etc give LOTS of experience. But in FF8, they're simply MUCH harder to kill, no real benefit. Any enemy more than 10 hours into the game doesn't give all that much EXP relative to it's toughness---toughness goes WAY up, exp gained does not.

Finally--no boss exp in FF8. That REALLY pi**ed me off. That's always been one of the best ways to level up, and makes a 20min fight (heck, 45 in FF8 if you're using Bahamut/Leviathan summons) worth it. Except that they removed it for the .0001% of FF players who desperately want to win on as low levels as possible. "Woo, I won at level 18". Which is pointless, as most people want to be as buff as possible and whip the boss, and it's even more pointless to do so in FF8, since levels affect your stats little--junctioning is 10x more powerful for boosting stats.

Despite all that, Quistis is one of my all-time fave FF characters, and Seifer's gunblade Hyperion is the coolest weapon ever.

Edited by David Hingtgen

ALL of the FFs from 7 up are good for me, just because of the amazing cutscenes and summons. except for ten. the summons weren't summons, but the cutscenes were awesome. the ones like when Weapon attacked the base in 7, that was good. and the Bahamut summons, especially Bahamut-ZERO.

And in addition, they are making a new FF movie based off of 7. DROOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL.........it looks freaking awesome

I'm having doubts about the FFVII Advent thing. I like FFVII alot. But Seperioth looks like a drag queen, and Tid...errrr Cloud looks like a cross between a young Meg Ryan/Meleanie Griffith. <_<