• FF V
    • FF VI
    • FF VIII
    • FF IX
    • FF X, X-2
    • FF XI
    • FF Tactics
    • Other?(NO FF7)

Ah... FF8 or Tactics. I couldn't really decide, they're both so different, ya know. And I agree with Duke, FF1, 2, and 3 should definitely have been made separate... completely different games.

But I ended up voting for FFVIII. Gotta love the story, the characters (one of the best set of characters in any RPG i've played), and although the junction system wasnt the best (so annoying stacking up the magic... makes battles longer than necessary) it wasn't so bad, definitely creative.

Still has the coolest intro cutscene ever...

I'll refer to my post above....
besides, theres really no accounting for taste.  :rolleyes:

:D

Bah!! You are no fun! I was expencting some deep insights on what sort of nerve response you got from Eyes on Me that you didn't get from Isn;t it Beautiful?... instead you just quote yourself?!?! :p

ah. okay. well, i think its cool because it ties into the story so well. i think (and its been a while since i have played it), that the song was written by Rinoa's mother about Laguna. its cool that it has the same connotation with Rinoa and Squall. Like i've mentioned, I am a huge sucker for things like that. both of them finding it difficult to say how they feel (Squall and Laguna), and how after so long, Laguna sees that someone will finally get to do it right, since he messed up and left Rinoa's mom (i forget her name :( ), and now Squall has his chance with Rinoa....

...Hope that suffices!

:lol:

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

ah. okay. well, i think its cool because it ties into the story so well. i think (and its been a while since i have played it), that the song was written by Rinoa's mother about Laguna. its cool that it has the same connotation with Rinoa and Squall. Like i've mentioned, I am a huge sucker for things like that. both of them finding it difficult to say how they feel (Squall and Laguna), and how after so long, Laguna sees that someone will finally get to do it right, since he messed up and left Rinoa's mom (i forget her name :( ), and now Squall has his chance with Rinoa....

...Hope that suffices!

Too bad Squall was a tight assed brick. <_<

FF VI on the Super Famicom. Hands down. Best console RPG of all time.

I can still remember skipping freshman physics the day I beat it and couldn't tear myself away from it to go to class. How long was that ending - 15 minutes? More? Bare in mind this was in the days before FMV and big dvd-based storage.

I don't think any have been as good since. VII was close. X was very pretty, but lacking. VIII and IX were merely ok.

...Hope that suffices!

Too bad Squall was a tight assed brick. <_<

i just think that he had never had feelings like the ones he had for Rinoa with anyone, and he was severely conflicted with how exactly to deal with them. the guy grew up without parents, without really any close friends, except for maybe Siefer, who was an ass and whom he hated. the one part of the story i never really bought, and quite frankly hated was the whole "GF's made us forget" i thought it was silly, but i guess if he couldn't remember Edea, Quistis and everyone else, that would lead to a pretty bitter person.

I had to put FF 1,2,3 together because you could only have 10 answers! :blink:

Anaway FFIV seems like an awsome game, does anyone here have a bad say aginst it? If majority like it, I might try to get it.

If you can ignore bad graphics...... I don't know what you are waiting for. :)

IV *rocks*. It wasn't until like the 3rd time I played both VI and VII that I had to move IV down from #1. Still my fave Bahamut, due to speed. (Bahamut's better than Flare on a time basis--Flare takes twice as long to cast, but is less than twice as powerful--also takes a good 70% more MP to cast) Also the best Holy--Holy ROCKED in that game (and was fast). I still want FFVII-style Holy someday. :)

I had to put FF 1,2,3 together because you could only have 10 answers! :blink:

Anaway FFIV seems like an awsome game, does anyone here have a bad say aginst it? If majority like it, I might try to get it.

Considering you left out VII, that leaves you with 10 slots for 9 games. Tactics makes it an even 10.

Another thought on the original Final Fantasy... I was fairly unimpressed with the remake, and I don't quite now why. Everything is how it was in the original for the most part, and I just can't put a finger on what it is. I can still play the 8-Bit original and absolutely love it.

Tactics is my favorite. I liked all of the others too but after a while the random, repetitive battles begin to irritate the piss out of me and end up not wanting to play them any more. By the time I pick it up again I've forgotten what I'm doing. <_< with all of the job casses, skills and weapons to choose from I've played tactics through too many times to count. I'm plaging FFT Advance now and It's pretty good too. :)

Another thought on the original Final Fantasy... I was fairly unimpressed with the remake, and I don't quite now why. Everything is how it was in the original for the most part, and I just can't put a finger on what it is. I can still play the 8-Bit original and absolutely love it.

Despite our differences on a previously discussed game, I'm inclined to agree with you here.... The remake was good (in my opinion) but it just wasn't the same as the original...

Maybe it's the fact that if an enemy dies and more characters are still targeting it, they switch targets (something that always caused me to re-think my battle strategy in the original) I know it's not as realistic, but it certainly added to the challange of the game.

No, the "attacks non-existent enemies" was just plain annoying in FF1. I found the new one MUCH better, for that reason alone.

Still hate FF2 though. Played through probably 75% of it though on the new version. (Not like it's a long game or anything). But man, that has to rank as the worst levelling-up system I've ever encountered in any RPG or any other game, ever. I stopped at the Tower of Ultima, as I do believe it's impossible to beat, at least without say 10-20 hours of modifying people's stats.

(Let's see, absolutely no anti-confuse items/armor for purchase/stealing/finding, it'd take 600+ casts of Esuna to build it up to remove confuse, and you tend to encounter 4-6 enemies who all cast confuse-all every time, every round. It's worse than fighting Pink Puffs in FF4) And even if 3/4 of the party learned Esuna-6, it's no help when 4/4 of the party is confused before even 1 character can go. And on the odd chance 1 or 2 people have it wear off, the enemies will just cast confuse-all 3 times in a row, guaranteeing you'll be confused.

And yes, I've cheated like crazy throughout the game, taking out major bosses in 1 round, and it still sucks and is too hard.

I agree completely with you on FFII, David. It has always been my least favorite out of the entire series. Abombz, neither game is available for us to play, why oh why would anyone include them in a poll as to which is their favorite... there would be no one to vote on them.

I agree completely with you on FFII, David. It has always been my least favorite out of the entire series. Abombz, neither game is available for us to play, why oh why would anyone include them in a poll as to which is their favorite... there would be no one to vote on them.

Ever heard of something called importing? Ever notice not all members here are americans? And that some of them can speak and read japanese, meaning they could have played those games already.

Just because you can't play them now, doesn't mean other members haven't played them already. Then explain to me why FFT Advance isn't on the list either. Its a completly different game from FF Tactics, and it should have been there.

And for the record.... neither are FF3 or X-2 but due to some miracle.... they made it into the poll. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

Ever heard of something called importing? Ever notice not all members here are americans? And that some of them can speak and read japanese, meaning they could have played those games already.

Just because you can't play them now, doesn't mean other members haven't played them already. Then explain to me why FFT Advance isn't on the list either. Its a completly different game from FF Tactics, and it should have been there.

And for the record.... neither is FF3 but due to some miracle.... it made it into the poll. <_<

Nah, to him only elitists do that. :p