Help Me Pick A Non-canon Valk

ghostryder

So... I want to treat myself to 1 more valk this year (I will sell some unwanted guitar gear to finance). I think I'm gonna pass on the DRYL -1As and Angel Bird, and have somehow narrowed it down to the 2 non-canon schemes: Super Stealth or VF-0A.

Granted, I initially didn't like the patchy SS scheme, but all these damn member-posted pics make it look so bad-ass, esp w/ FPs. The -0A is very cool with its subdued scheme and I really dig the -0A head. If it came with a bunny markings, that would be icing.

For those who have seen the SS in person, which would you get?

I am sorry, but i have to suggest both. The stealth i believe looks nice when put next to a white valkirie, or at least, it comes out even better that way, also its unique.

Vf-0a seems like a low vis 1, which in my opinion, was the best looking one, specially with the super stealth strike parts. I think if you put the 2 togheter, you would have an awsome collection. But, if you cant buy both, you need to wait for pll to review the vf-0a, as we dont know for sure on the quality. The Quality of the super stealth on the other hand is for sure a good one, very sturdy, transforms properly, no loose parts, simply impecable. They say the vf-0a is suppose to be, but do we really know for sure. I will still get one, but i will tell you, i was very very disapointed with the vf-0s looseness, and no clicking, good transformation, but simply ADORED the SS. Also, it comes with the big hands, so you dont need to buy those seperately!!!

Hope it helps. I know i will be getting the vf-0a simply cause of the color scheme, it looks amazing, and pray it will be done better than the vf-0s.

So... I want to treat myself to 1 more valk this year (I will sell some unwanted guitar gear to finance). I think I'm gonna pass on the DRYL -1As and Angel Bird, and have somehow narrowed it down to the 2 non-canon schemes: Super Stealth or VF-0A.

Granted, I initially didn't like the patchy SS scheme, but all these damn member-posted pics make it look so bad-ass, esp w/ FPs. The -0A is very cool with its subdued scheme and I really dig the -0A head. If it came with a bunny markings, that would be icing.

For those who have seen the SS in person, which would you get?

419921[/snapback]

From the choices you have selected, only the VF-1J Stealth is non-canon. The VF-OA next on Yamato's MZero list is very much canon. See the VF-0A thread for details.

So I guess you only choice would be the Stealth. ;)

From the choices you have selected, only the VF-1J Stealth is non-canon. The VF-OA next on Yamato's MZero list is very much canon. See the VF-0A thread for details.

419964[/snapback]

Okay, fine, the -0A is supposed to be canon, although many would agree the colors are off.

Ignoring canon/non-canon deal :p , which would you get? Is the stealth really the bee's knees in person?

419964[/snapback]

Okay, fine, the -0A is supposed to be canon, although many would agree the colors are off.

Ignoring canon/non-canon deal :p , which would you get? Is the stealth really the bee's knees in person?

419968[/snapback]

The colors are off, only on the anime. But the colors Yamato is using are dead on.

Get the Super Stealth. I think it's the most unique-looking valk released so far. And as Arthurius noted, it's a nice contrast to the mostly white VF-1 line. Not to mention the fact that it just looks mean!

I vote for the 0A. The stealth colors just seem "fake" to me, regardless of canon. The 0A to me has contrast/patterns similar to the Heater-Ferris scheme that you seen fan versions of ALL the time on every plane/valk/mecha on the planet.

You know that's a really tough choice. Both are great for a number of reasons, but if they were both out right now i would probably still lean towards the Stealth VF-1. The VF-0A is a beatiful valk, but i just can't get over the contrast that the Stealth provides to the rest of my clean white valks. It's def. an eye catcher. GL with your desicion.

Thanks for the replies. Still undecided.. DH and EXO's comments are echoing in my head, but now we find out the 0A may have no tampo squad or UN SPACY markings? That blows...

If I knew for sure the Super Max 1J will be reissued very soon, I'd save up for that - easy decision <_< .

I just received a Stealth VF-1J w/FAST packs and I must say it is the single most awesome valk I have ever seen. I would totally go with the Stealth VF-1J. Of course, I am partial to the VF-1. I have little desire to even purchase a VF-0 so I guess I am a bit biased.

Super Stealth. But not for realism reasons, just that it looks damn intimidating in battroid mode like the black 17s and black vf22. (macross 7) And those black hands: they remind me of darth vader.

But the grey vf0A, maaaan that looks nice. It's a tough choice. I can't wait till yamato finally get to vf11 cannon fodder. yum

Because there was a black or a dark blue valk in the tv series, the "stealth" might actually have some legitimacy. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Get the VF-0. Doesn't the VF-1 bore you to sleep yet? I don't care what color they put that thing in, as the VF-1 was over like, 20 years ago...

Yeah but the stealth is a special ops valk. jk

You know in that episode when they used the shadows in the rings of saturn to hide in? Ah that would be great opportunity for the stealth valk to use its black paintscheme to use a sneak attack where the enemy is not expecting one..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Do you own the VF-0S? If so, get the stealth - it is badass sweeeeeettttt!!!

:p

But if not, then get the VF-0A, simply because it's a different type of fighter (not that I own one VF-0#... yet), but it intrigues me.

:)

Edited by Vermillion21

I only have 2 1/48s and a VF-0S. Although the VF-0S is different, I find myself still favoring the 1/48s just a little for their sleeker looks and playability (they are toys, damnit!). I'd be buying the 0A for the awsome head sculpt (the best IMO) and just to have a gray scheme. I'd be buying the SS because, I hate to say it, the whole unrealsitic paint scheme looks frackin tight witht the FPs.

I still have some more guitar crap to sell before I can justify buying either, so maybe Yamato will release yet ANOTHER new scheme before I have to make up my mind B))

Honnestly, i am getting the vf-0a too, so lets both keep our fingers crossed that this one wont be loose. I simply was soooo disapointed with vf-0s transformation and loseness, compared to 1/48. But, lets be positive and think this time, it will be peeeerfect!!!! God damn, i cant wait anymore, get over here vf-oa!!!

One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that the tampo skulls on the Stealth's tailfins are flush and straight. No worries about those dreaded crooked tailfin skulls.

Though, if you want the skull on the heatshield, you'll have to place a sticker or decal on there yourself.

Just some more facts to make your decision that much tougher. ;)

Yup, he is right on that, i now have to buy decals for this, as the stiker on heatshield looks awfull, though on fastpack, they are perfect.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that the tampo skulls on the Stealth's tailfins are flush and straight.  No worries about those dreaded crooked tailfin skulls.

Though, if you want the skull on the heatshield, you'll have to place a sticker or decal on there yourself.

Just some more facts to make your decision that much tougher.  ;)

420294[/snapback]

Well, let's burn it a little harder, shall we??...he..he...just imagine the red strip is replaced with Max's blue....you know you want it... :D

post-3608-1154100768_thumb.jpg

Well, that image is burned in my head now (DYRL max w/ stealth FPs).  Thanks a lot... :p

420381[/snapback]

Super Stealth seems to be a love hate deal. For whatever aesthetic reasons I absolutely loathe that paint scheme. My vote would be for the VF-0A, looking at pictures of them side by side may help you choose. Check out the gallery on the main page and scrutinize images of both till you know what you like best :)

Contrary to what everyone else says, i am not crasy about stealth fps on the white valks, but it does look really good on the low vis 1.

Why not Max1A with the Stealth StrikePack?  I know you don't want 1A but a DYRL with the black SP simply look hot.

420367[/snapback]

You still haven't decided which one to get? Are you a woman posing on these boards as a man?

j/k :p

420440[/snapback]

Heh, being picky about which $160-$200 hunk of plastic to buy does not equate to having a va9ina, my friend ;) .

Financing from selling guitar crap will be in next week. I've decided to get the VF-0A AND the SS fastpacks. The 0A is just PRIMED for customization, so I can't resist that. The SS FPs will grace my Hikaru 1S.

Yeah but the stealth is a special ops valk. jk

You know in that episode when they used the shadows in the rings of saturn to hide in? Ah that would be great opportunity for the stealth valk to use its black paintscheme to use a sneak attack where the enemy is not expecting one..

420269[/snapback]

Good point!