Yamato 1/48 Canopy

Agent-GHQ

After great scrunity of the 1/48 Valkyries, I noticed the clear canopy is not as clear as it should be. I mean, it seems kind of dull and fuzzy. Shouldn't suppose to be strictly CLEAR all around. Kind of like the glass we drink out of. Heck, even this Arrowhead water bottle is much clearer all around. Does anyone feel the same way as I do? :angry:

Edited by Agent-GHQ

After great scrunity of the 1/48 Valkyries, I noticed the clear canopy is not as clear as it should be. I mean, it seems kind of dull and fuzzy. Shouldn't suppose to be strictly CLEAR all around. Kind of like the glass we drink out of. Heck, even this Arrowhead water bottle is much clearer all around. Does anyone feel the same way as I do?  :angry:

415696[/snapback]

FUTURE floor wax.... :D

After great scrunity of the 1/48 Valkyries, I noticed the clear canopy is not as clear as it should be. I mean, it seems kind of dull and fuzzy. Shouldn't suppose to be strictly CLEAR all around. Kind of like the glass we drink out of. Heck, even this Arrowhead water bottle is much clearer all around. Does anyone feel the same way as I do?  :angry:

415696[/snapback]

Ryver,

I think you need to remember, this is only a you. If you want an ultra clear canopy, then it's time you customize it.

Chill Dude! ;)

415696[/snapback]

mine's crystal clear. Maybe it's just you bro. Have you had your eyes checked?

:rolleyes:

415696[/snapback]

mine's crystal clear. Maybe it's just you bro. Have you had your eyes checked?

:rolleyes:

415773[/snapback]

same here, all the valks i have and everyone else i know who collects these have ultra clear canopies, i guess you got hosed. haha j/k :D

I have five 1:48 s including the first low vis and all of them are super clear, even my first low vis 1 looks like didnt have a canopy because of the crystal clear of the canopy, that is weird, so I hope never have one with this problem, take care bro!!!!! :):)

Chill, bro!  You are getting worked up over the canopy.  True, it could be clearer, but ......... it's not.  :)  I'm just glad we have nice looking and good quality valkyries available to us.

415730[/snapback]

True, but why go half way when you can go all the way to perfect it. I mean even this Arrowhead water bottle is more clearer. :(

Chill, bro!  You are getting worked up over the canopy.  True, it could be clearer, but ......... it's not.  :)  I'm just glad we have nice looking and good quality valkyries available to us.

415730[/snapback]

True, but why go half way when you can go all the way to perfect it. I mean even this Arrowhead water bottle is more clearer. :(

416002[/snapback]

yeah, and it holds water too! my 1/48 holds very little water and I wouldn't drink any of it.

415730[/snapback]

416002[/snapback]

yeah, and it holds water too! my 1/48 holds very little water and I wouldn't drink any of it.

416014[/snapback]

Haha, you silly bro. This water bottle is empty though and looks nice and clear. Don't tell me Yamato got beat by a water bottle. :lol:

Did you take the paint off of a canopy yourself? If you used the wrong method, it frosts-up the heatshield and it's translucent instead of transparent. Future floor finish fixes this... as well as any sort of gloss finish I suppose.

Why are complaining about this? this is a small detail. If it was like the major defects like broken canopy and such, ok batty all you want. Obviously you didnt get a MPC. Wanna a see a QC nightmare, get a toynami MPC. Crooked antenna, crappy paint job, floppy leg, etc... Now those are things to batty. Hell it lookes a Bandai with a makeover but the Bandais are still better.

So the moral of the story, when you batty, batty about the major stuff. Better yet, you can always return the 1/48. Or someone here will buy it.

Why are complaining about this?  this is a small detail.  If it was like the major defects like broken canopy and such, ok batty all you want.  Obviously you didnt get a MPC.  Wanna a see a QC nightmare, get a toynami MPC.  Crooked antenna, crappy paint job, floppy leg, etc... Now those are things to batty. Hell it lookes a Bandai with a makeover but the Bandais are still better.

So the moral of the story, when you batty, batty about the major stuff.  Better yet, you can always return the 1/48. Or someone here will buy it.

416189[/snapback]

The cockpit control panel on my 1/48 CF was glued in crooked. Can I get batty?

Why are complaining about this?  this is a small detail.  If it was like the major defects like broken canopy and such, ok batty all you want.  Obviously you didnt get a MPC.  Wanna a see a QC nightmare, get a toynami MPC.  Crooked antenna, crappy paint job, floppy leg, etc... Now those are things to batty. Hell it lookes a Bandai with a makeover but the Bandais are still better.

So the moral of the story, when you batty, batty about the major stuff.  Better yet, you can always return the 1/48. Or someone here will buy it.

416189[/snapback]

The cockpit control panel on my 1/48 CF was glued in crooked. Can I get batty?

416238[/snapback]

Yes, or you could just snap it off and re-glue. Had to do that on my CF so the friggin canopy (which is too wide and too foggy... boo hoo) would close all the way.

Well they try to make everyone happy.  I guess everyone cannot be happy.  Give Yamato some credit.

416264[/snapback]

They try to make everyone happy by glueing the panel in wrong so that the canopy can't close correctly? Huh? I expect better from something I spent more than $100 on.

416267[/snapback]

meh, the chinese factory farm that it was made at probably pays there workers 100 dollars a month. and they probably do nothing bun churn out toys all day.

I bet they really don't give too much of a hoot.

Edited by eugimon

Did you take the paint off of a canopy yourself? If you used the wrong method, it frosts-up the heatshield and it's translucent instead of transparent. Future floor finish fixes this... as well as any sort of gloss finish I suppose.

416091[/snapback]

Where can I get this agent?

416091[/snapback]

416307[/snapback]

you can get "Future floor finish" at walgreens, ace hardware stores, probably target, walmart, home depot, etc.

416091[/snapback]

416307[/snapback]

you can get "Future floor finish" at walgreens, ace hardware stores, probably target, walmart, home depot, etc.

416315[/snapback]

Thanks F360!

416091[/snapback]

416307[/snapback]

416315[/snapback]

Thanks F360!

416391[/snapback]

Don't forget to polish, and water test the canopy, PRIOR to sealing it with Future. Or else, you will still have a somewhat fuzzy canopy.

416091[/snapback]

416307[/snapback]

416315[/snapback]

Thanks F360!

416391[/snapback]

Don't forget to polish, and water test the canopy, PRIOR to sealing it with Future. Or else, you will still have a somewhat fuzzy canopy.

416444[/snapback]

Thanks a million! :)

The canopy on the 1/48 SUCKS azz.

Period.

Worksmanship - poor.

Durability - poor.

Design - poor.

Clarity - poor.

I won't tell you my canopy horror story but I give the thing two thumbs down. It is the cheap GI JOE Skystriker / Dragonfly canopy type plastic. WEAK.

Edited by Skull-1