Vf-0s Battroid Kit

agr33

:D man have to say that hasegawa really out did themselves this time! this is simply a wonderful kit. even for beginners this kit is really easy to build. the parts fit together really well.

aside from the painting it only took me about five hours to complete.

I hope Hasegawa stays on this path. hopefully a YF-19 or VF-11b in the same style.

please! please! please! :p

anyway here are some pics.

post-2873-1147507856_thumb.jpgpost-2873-1147507953_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1147508027_thumb.jpgpost-2873-1147508059_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1147508089_thumb.jpg

Edited by agr33

even for beginners this kit is really easy to build. the parts fit together really well.

399153[/snapback]

Uh.. actually they don't. I'm having massive issues cleaning the seams on the legs, forearms, shoulders.. this kit is loaded with seams, and parts that don't fit together well. About 30% of the kit fits together lovely. The rest, no.

If you're particually anal on filling seams, and general presentation, then.. it's not a quick build.

aside from the painting it only took me about five hours to complete.

399153[/snapback]

Sorry man, it shows. Those seams/messy panels/sprue nubs show, and they don't make it look nice. For some, this is gorgeous. For others.. no dice.

Sorry. Not a fan. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, that really is nice panel line work. But I have to say Jinnai has a point - if you're going to do a nice paint job, why not fill the seams? It's not hard, and doesn't add too many more hours of work.

Got to admit it's never one of my favourite jobs (second only to cleaning up flash on tank wheels), but the result always looks far better. Just about mandatory for competition, too.

If you're a beginner I think it's a good attempt. The thing about building models is always trying to up your game and try a new and more difficult technique on each attempt. So for your next build you might try filling and sanding the seams along with rescribing the panel lines that get erased when you fill them.

Good effort, keep building and sharing.