Aliens Vs. Predator 2 Script and Movie Review

Are you referencing the awesome dual-pony tail action going on?

It looks like it burst out of the chest of Red, from Fraggle Rock.

Seriously though, we've seen it become canon that the body style of alien is somewhat determined by it's host. But aside from being slightly more quadrupedal, the alien from A3 looked pretty much like all the others. Sometimes they have a smooth domed wiener-head and sometimes a ridgey wiener-head, but all of the aliens have looked very similar. I just find it hilarious that out of all the traits supposedly inherited from the Pred, the dreadlocks persisted. It's almost as silly as the tentacle nipples from Species - but at least that was pure HR Giger.

Edited by Kelsain

Have you ever seen old episodes of Voltron lately? I swear, all the giant creatures Voltron fights have huge nipple dynamics that literally leave you no choice but to stare at nothing but the freaking nipples and wonder how I didn't notice them as a child even.

Mr March, you didn't have any good expectations earlier for this impending train wreck, right? ^_^

I sure as heck didn't. I just love following up in this thread to see "teh goodness" that is the AvP series unfold (or fester) even more!

Ah, don't mind me. I'm just venting/complaining :):lol:

Speaking of Aliens AND Predators, you guys remember Capcom's AvP in the arcade? I did. I blew alot of money in that fun game!

I still play that game through MAME at work, pure classic; If nothing else is gained from this movie, at least the new Hot Toys 1/6 Pred figure looks fantastic. And i like how they went back to a more Predator like costume, not the ridiculous football armor that was in the first AVP.

AvP the arcade game was awesome. :D Of course if they did a movie with a hot chick slicing aliens with a sword... No. :p

Yeah, slicing Aliens with a Katana and getting away with it won't fly in any sort of Aliens movie. But M41 Pulse Rifles and Smart Guns? Oh yeah, that'll go nice. REALLY nice. Yep, it'd be nice to see Colonial Marines again. Sure would.

I've been waiting since '01-'02 for another PC based AvP game. With today's graphics capabilities another addition to the franchise would be breathtaking...

I've been waiting since '01-'02 for another PC based AvP game. With today's graphics capabilities another addition to the franchise would be breathtaking...

That's about the best we can hope for in a good movie in this mixed universe too.

She's not only a marine, she's a ninja she strikes and pulls back so fast that she dosn't get any acid on her. :lol:

*and yes I was waiting for that reply*

It's an awesome game it dosn't need logic.

FOILED AGAIN!!!!

*Shakes fist x3*

All this talk of AvP and classic Aliens makes me want to dig out a PC copy of that old game. I never tried it.

The original AVP is hard. AVP 2 is much easier and a lot more fun, IMO. Gamespot has the difficulty for AVP rated as hard while AVP 2 is rated at medium. You should definitely read the review for AVP 2. It's easily one of the best First-Person Shooters of it's era and I think the sheer diveristy of the gameplay has made this title age very well, in spite of the short half-life for video game graphics.

Aliens Vs. Predator 2 review on Gamespot

I can't recommend AVP2 enough. It's an undeniable classic of PC gaming and stands well along side Doom, Jedi Knight 1&2, Quake II and Half-Life 1&2 as one of the most fun FPS games made for the computer.

Edited by Mr March

After the PC AvP games, no. Aliens related games have been dead for years now. I don't recall anymore in either console or PC formats.

Edit to add: Spoke too soon. If you check on my link for Capcom's AvP arcade, the bottom of the wiki page lists various Aliens / AvP games, a bunch of which I've never heard of.

Edited by Warmaker

ooook ya I remember some of thse. The rail gun arcade game that had you not ONLY aliens but robots that were like i guess haywire security bots coming fter you at one point. i think it followed the third alien movie.

i also remember a pc game for windows 95....but could never get it to play. and I did touch avp2 my senior year at a friends place and didnt like it...that time I wasnt into FPS games at all.

and i just saw AVP2 R for the PSp, any good word on that?

Get Aliens vs. Preator 2 for the PC. It's a better game than the first and the graphics will have aged slightly better :)

Yup, AvP2 is still on my desktop after all of these years. I actually prefered the harder difficulty of the first, (my only great accomplishment in life was beating AvP1 on Director's cut), however playing the game is nearly impossible unless you're running Windows '98 or very old video drivers for a card; AvP1 just isn't compatible for the modern age.

Anyone play Extinction? It was o.k. for an RTS using Aliens characters...

Edited by myk

AvP the arcade game was awesome. :D Of course if they did a movie with a hot chick slicing aliens with a sword... No. :p

She's supposed to be a cyborg. And the Katana....i thought it was some kinda vibro-blade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_vs._Pre...8arcade_game%29

And as for the PC games...the 1s one was sh*t hard. You don't get mid-game saves IIRC. And you die from 1 good swipe from an Alien. If you're lucky, maybe 3 swipes before you die. I remembered the tension was high in the 1st AVP since every corner and every beep of the motion sensor spelled doom. I particularly remembered AVP1 to be ahead of its time in graphics then but due to difficulty and buggy engine, the game didn't receive such a good response.

AVP 2 was more forgiving and has more semblance of a story. The armed-power-loader level was pretty cool, though I thought they should've made some cooler exo-skeleton rather than a armed-power-loader.

And as for the PC games...the 1s one was sh*t hard. You don't get mid-game saves IIRC. And you die from 1 good swipe from an Alien.

There were so many complaints about the lack of mid-game saves and the difficulty that the "Gold Edition" expansion pack allowed for that option; it actually ruined the game's challenge, as you could save as many times as you wanted to.

Also, does anyone remember how hard it was to play as the Alien in that game? That was rough...

There were so many complaints about the lack of mid-game saves and the difficulty that the "Gold Edition" expansion pack allowed for that option; it actually ruined the game's challenge, as you could save as many times as you wanted to.

Also, does anyone remember how hard it was to play as the Alien in that game? That was rough...

I agree. But it was indeed frustratingly tough. I played through a level 20-30 times before i could get past it. Ahhhh youth. ^_^

Just came back from the movie. Definately liked it better than AVP1. But they kept the 1 hour alien gestation period retcon which I have a huge problem with....and the Predalien now is able to

Impregnate/Genetically modify pregnant ladies to born chest bursters!! Who needs queens when you can have....genestealers? (wh40k)

At the end of the movie it really makes you wonder what is the Predator's involvement in the whole thing has got to do with everything. It seems kinda lame that he alone went to earth despite the seriousness of the whole thing. But I liked how they sneaked in

Yutani from the Weyland-Yutani corporation

at the end of the movie. Does makes everything ominous and somehow tie in with the original Alien movies.

Edited by wolfx

But they kept the 1 hour alien gestation period retcon which I have a huge problem with....and the Predalien now is able to

Impregnate/Genetically modify pregnant ladies to born chest bursters!! Who needs queens when you can have....genestealers? (wh40k)

Well... the AvP series just keeps on getting better, eh? Right out of left field, too! :lol:

You know I don't know if they were genesplicing or not....there's some indications of otherwise like seeing the various mothers throats during pregnation expanding as the PredAlien slipped 'em some tongue. The human babies could of been just food....there's a scene where I think 3 or 4 lil chest busters pop out of one mother.

I gotta say though, I did like the movie...it to me was redemption for PWA's pathetic rendition of AVP. Now let us all pray that the third installment will have colonial marines.

I'm fully willing to forgive the comedy of AvP 1 & 2 if the 3rd one goes into the future with Colonial Marines and does it right. If so, I'll purge 1 & 2 out of my memory and hold up the 3rd along with the best of the two franchises.

I really hope you're right, and I really hope that if they do, they also purge all this retconning gestation period and cold loving predator crap they've done.