Your Ideal Anime Chick.

Mowe

Claudia from SDF Macross seems to be the only attractive woman with a well adjusted personality and a killer sense of humor (VERY important).  She'd be a lot of fun and can actually pull her own weight (I prefer a woman with a decent job).

You know I'd have NEVER EVER given Claudia a thought, but your very right her personality is exetremely attractive. But then again I'm attracted to confident women who know what inner strength is and how not to be male when showing it. ;)

391908[/snapback]

Well let's be honest, how many males watch anime for average looking women with intelligence and wit who might be compatible with them? Nearly all anime is about T&A when it comes to females, even when they are fully developed, lead characters. Sadly, most of the great looking women in anime are the kind I would never date seriously. High maintenance isn't my thing :)

Yeah I hear ya there! I'd 'play', but that's about it.

For me not 'seeing' Claudia as dating material was more of a ...... cultural preference(to be PC about it). If anything it's like the title says 'Ideal'(aka dream girl) not 'Within Reach'. lol Thank god that there wasn't a Moe version of this thread! :o:huh:

And I'm pretty sure you can't get her pregnant.

Nope. Might wind up with a kid if she has eggs stored somewhere, but no pregnancy.

391624[/snapback]

Uhhm, Page 18 first GITS manga:

"There's alot of noise in your brain Major"

"..hey I'm on my period!"

391864[/snapback]

And I don't get why they emulated that.

Remember, her body had no original equipment beyond the brain and brain stem. Possibly not even that(they show that even the brain is swappable in the end chapter). She wouldn't have any eggs to inseminate.

I also can't see a way to DO pregnancy in an artificial body.

So put your zygotes in a freezer, and rent an artificial womb when you want offspring.

Besides which... battle body.

That's the sort of thing that would be dropped, like the ability to swim.

They kept the ability to have intercourse(presumably because giving up sex will drive away recruits), but pregnancy takes up a lot more everything, and removes your agent from operation for an extended period of time.

I thought Motoko Kusanagi was a lesbian anyway.  Didn't she have an orgy with her girlfriends on the boat, which was cut in the general release but later reinstated in a special release or something? (in the US release I have it has her waking up on the boat when Batou contacts her and she makes him punch himself in the face).

391869[/snapback]

She's also going out with a guy at one point.

*flips around the colored sections*

Chapter 8 by my book. Batou says the relationship's been going for 7 months("a new record!")

She's bisexual.

And it wasn't "really" an orgy. It was all in their heads. Not that it really matters much.

Edited by JB0

Oh yeah, forgot she was dating that guy. Been a while since I read the manga. :p

Speaking of which, I like the manga version Motoko Kusanagi better than the anime versions. More fire, more spirit, more doing bad things and getting in trouble. :lol:

I'd have to say that my ideal anime female would be a long haired version of Haruka from RahXephon. But it's hard not to say the younger version of Motoko from Love Hina(manga version) and Aoi from Ai Yori Aoshi. But then again I'm something of a sucker for the whole Yamoto Nadesko(spl) thing. ;)

391908[/snapback]

I'm right there with you on Aoi. The young bachelor in me would of course want something more exciting, but Aoi's definitely the kind of girl you could bring home to mom, get married, raise kids, and grow old with.

But Motoko? She's like the Millia of the Akamatsu-verse. I mean, how many times was poor Keitaro almost killed by her blade? Although now that you mention the Akamatsu mangas, I can't help but think Kaolla Su under Moonlight Transformation for that exotic far east princess thing, Saati from Ai Ga Tomaranai filling the Aoi/Belldandy role, and I think some of the Negima girls would be fun to date when they get a little older.

Of course right now, I'd just like a Lucy McMillan. Some sexy voice on the radio and a fun date to come back to come back to after a flight. The weather girl at Metro here has a cute radio voice, but unfortunately she's an enlisted airman.

But Motoko? She's like the Millia of the Akamatsu-verse.

That's a great example! But unlike & like Millia she had female friends(especially Kanako) that were pushing her to become more of a women then a sword welding barbarian that she shows earlier. Also unlike Millia we see what a more matured Motoko would look like in her sister, Tsuruko.

nana from elfied lied, no arms and legs to get in the way and she comes with accessories. :lol:

Seriously proly one of the ladies in starship operators, They seem like an ordinary lady you may meet on the college grounds.

Edited by Zentrandude

nana from elfied lied, no arms and legs to get in the way and she comes with accessories.  :lol:

Seriously proly one of the ladies in starship operators,  They seem like an ordinary lady you may meet on the college grounds.

392033[/snapback]

Damn, I'll get arrested for picking up girls on college grounds

(unless they're teachers ofcourse :p )

As for Kusanagi's period:

Hell if I know, it was there, but if Motoko only has a few human braincells,

where do all her human emotions come from? and what does a combat

ancyboroidoid thingamabobz need with those

392104[/snapback]

It's one thing to know that you're no longer completely human, and another thing to know that you're no longer human.

Oh yeah, forgot she was dating that guy.  Been a while since I read the manga. :p

Speaking of which, I like the manga version Motoko Kusanagi better than the anime versions.  More fire, more spirit, more doing bad things and getting in trouble. :lol:

391972[/snapback]

I ran through the manga repeatedly.

It's a pretty interesting view of a relatively realistic future.

And I hated the movie version of Motoko. Took all the good parts out and left a steaming pile of angst.

The movie also lacked Fuchikomas and Seburos, but that's another thread.

Haven't actually seen movie 2 or the TV series yet(and have no plans TO see the second movie).

392104[/snapback]

There's a lot of simulation of the human body going on within the artificial body's interface to the brain. Emotions also tend to land primarily within the brain itself(regardless of whose brain it was originally).

But all the various chemicals and their effects on the brain are a large part of "being human" so it's not really in anyone's interests to remove them.

The commercial manufacturers would lose sales to people that don't want to give up that much of their humanity, and the special forces would lose recruits for the same reason.

I understand why they're emulating the hormones and such(actually, they probably have to include artificial glands in the brain case to release REAL chemicals, because many of them react with the central nervous system, so you can't just emulate their effect at the computer/nervous system interface), I just don't get why they're emulating a cycle that most people don't like to start with. I would think "no more periods!" would be a selling point.

*shrugs*

Ah well.

If you eliminate periods, you eliminate a reason for women to act like total bitches.

What woman would want that?

392187[/snapback]

But get this Rocket Punch, that would be a good thing for a women to not have periods because they won't be able to deficate with all those germs bacteria and virus' they have in their urine, blood or stools. So imagine having to fug a bitch without having to worry about giving you an STD or even worse HIV/AIDS. ;)

If you eliminate periods, you eliminate a reason for women to act like total bitches.

What woman would want that?

392187[/snapback]

But get this Rocket Punch, that would be a good thing for a women to not have periods because they won't be able to deficate with all those germs bacteria and virus' they have in their urine, blood or stools.

Can anyone make sense of this?

'Sides, like RP said... the body's a machine. Literally. No pathogens, no piss, no poop, not even real blood(more like dyed oil and antifreeze).

Well, maybe piss and poop analogs. They did work out an infrastructure for eating, and I doubt they have 100% "fuel efficiency," especially with concessions made to appearance and texture(flavor can be faked). May as well make use of existing disposal facilities(though it'll wreak havoc on the sewage treatment plants).

So imagine having to fug a bitch without having to worry about giving you an STD or even worse HIV/AIDS. ;)

392188[/snapback]

Beautiful. That was REALLY beautiful.

You're the guy writing the valentine's cards for Hallmark, aren't you?

Edited by JB0

After reading all this detail about cyborgs with fake bodies I kinda feel sick. Yeah motoko is hot when you look on the outside, but farting her would be like doing a tank. :D

Urgh no thanks.

I agree the manga is much better than the movie. Those fuchi koma tanks things are cool.

If you like them you will like the tv series because they included them in that (renamed them tachikoma) and gave them a heroic "death" in it. So er go watch it. In this digital age of wireless communication (who here doesn't have some kinda home network or home office?) gits is pretty realistic peek into the future where hackers and cyber crime will become part of everyday life (think of spyware and spam and dataminers as early examples of raping you of info) and there will be need for stronger firewalls and experts to combat them.

I think certain aspects of wearable technology are scary. Who the fuq would want to put poo into thier bodies that was made unless they had to anyway? I am scared enough of freaks who get all kinds of plastic surgery to make themselves 'feel' better about themselves.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

This lady looks hot:

vxjm3c.jpg

The catch though is that she's a total PYSCHO. I mean she smiles while shooting to death a whole bunch of mercenaries!!!!! OMGBBQ :ph34r:

Jason Miao of the Anime on My Mind blog even describes her as "a more controlled, sane, yet happy Tomoe." [NOTE: That Tomoe from Mai-Otome, I think]

BTW, here name's Levi/Revy a.k.a. Two-Hands from the anime: Black Lagoon!! :ph34r:

info and more pics here:

http://anime.miao.us/archives/2006/04/08/694/

Edited by grss1982

The board is supposed to be PG-13 (though we often creep higher), so try not to get too much past that discussing various "aspects" of Major Kusanagi's construction/anatomy etc. :) Secondly, we do have female board members, though I doubt they'd be perusing this particular thread much.

The board is supposed to be PG-13 (though we often creep higher), so try not to get too much past that discussing various "aspects" of Major Kusanagi's construction/anatomy etc.  :)  Secondly, we do have female board members, though I doubt they'd be perusing this particular thread much.

392402[/snapback]

Heh, I'd be willing to bet that the counterpart to this thread for female members that are hetero (because it's not like lesbian members couldnt have an ideal anime chick they'd want) would be:

1) ideal anime hunk

2) have him be homo/bi with another guy for you to watch or not

I mention this because of all the girls I've seen around swooning about yaoi... And the girls at AX screaming and running around slapping people with YAOI paddles...

My list:

1) Mahoro from Mahoromatic

She is a superwoman! Mahoro is supportive, protective, adorable, emotionally and physically strong/stable, and boy can she cook (you'll never starve with her). She also possesses the "perfect heart", practically a goddess. But unlike Belldandy, she isn't a goddess, so there's no need to fear getting killed in your sleep by the lord, or jealous nutcase sisters. She is also selfless, proven by the sacrifices she made repeatedly in the series. IMO you guys misunderstand the entire ecchi thing with Mahoro, she is like that b/c she feels strongly about women not being objectified for their body parts or lack thereof (in her case her insecurity is obvious, yet adorable). However, all her nagging, lecturing aside, she is very romantic, playful and possesses a wicked sense of humor. IMO she will no doubt engage in plenty of ecchi if you were the love of her life. ;) Just keep that in mind.

2) Sara from Macross Zero

Why Sara? Well IMO she is the closest to a low maintenance woman you will ever find on the planet Earth. She is supportive, selfless, beautiful, respectful of nature/traditions, remains fiercely loyal and protective of those she loves, and above all, is not a materialistic whore like so many modern women. Also, she much like all Mahoro and Noriko is atoning for something she experienced/contributed to in her past and needs someone to be her emotional archor. You could be that man if she could believe you truly love and trust her; the same applies to many of the women her, but IMO she would put up the second least resistence. Moreover, I believe Sara also shares a strong desire for peace and she made the ultimate sacrifice something both Mahoro and Noriko did as well, to create peace and that is why she is higher on my list than the remaining women. Although, Sara might not be as worldly or domesticated as anyone else on this list, Sara is for all intensive purposes a survivor who isn't feminine or masculine to the point where it hinders her ability to grow. IMO she's tough only b/c she was forced to assume so much responsibility, she is like Noriko is many ways. Also, Sara lives in a "paradise" hell I want to be there now! I also completely agree with her beliefs on how modern civilizations destroys peace, technology causing problems and the entire issue about conveniences. The only thing I'd want from civilization is medical training, everything else can stay the hell off my island. I could totally live with less materialistic comforts and in harmony with nature on an island paradise with Sara. ;)

3) Misa from Macross

Misa much like Mahoro, Noriko and Sara, is caring, supportive, lovely, brilliant and strong, but unlike Mahoro she guards her deep insecurities. Misa like Noriko and Sara is strongly bound by her past, but unlike Mahoro is slower to move past it to the future w/Hikaru. Over all, Misa is very driven, she reminds me of Kanuka Clancy from Patlabor, possessing a tough exterior but also posseses soft/passionate heart. The key for a woman like Misa is too win her trust and IMO she'd be unwavering in her loyalty, passions, and love. :)

4) Noriko from GunBuster

While I think Noriko is undeniably awesome, adorable, talented, IMO she also represents innocence lost b/c she was forced to grow up too fast and due to it, she is perhaps the most insecure of all the women listed. Noriko possesses the most emotional baggage/damage due to significant losses she experienced. However, out of all the women I list, IMO given a supportive significant other, she has the best chance to grow beyond them and probably end up at the top of my list. :) Much like Mahoro, she too is selfless and is completely devoted to others. In this sense, IMO she expresses her great love for humanity. Another plus, she is also an anime and sci-fi otaku. To win Noriko's heart IMO wouldn't take much as any of the other women, IMO she is to a fault an easy going person who deeply values her friends, remained a hopeless romantic, and possesses a youthful innocence that others did not appreciate or understand. Out of all the characters IMO Noriko was the loneliest and for myself I'd totally want to be there for her, she really is the girl next door.

5) Kyoko from Maison Ikkoku & Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road

Why a tie and why last? Simply put both are nearly equal in their beauty, physical prowess and other talents like cooking. However, both share two fatal flaws, failing to being honest with their feelings, especially with the person whom they love and redefining mule-like stubbornness. Also, both cause others to suffer due to their insane temper and jealousy rages, which can result in abuse and a broken heart. Asides from those major flaws, both are incredibly supportive, lovely, patient, well rounded and simple girls at heart. If they could learn to trust you unconditionally, you'd win their hearts and hand. They are also last b/c they are not selfless and do not make any major contributions to the world and society around them. This is not to say in the least, I wouldn't want either or them in my life.

Alrightie, then it is decided, I am moving to Maya and Mahoro can move in too. :)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

After reading all this detail about cyborgs with fake bodies I kinda feel sick. Yeah motoko is hot when you look on the outside, but farting her would be like doing a tank. :D

Urgh no thanks.

I dunno... tank cannon seems a tad big for that purpose...

They simulate all the immediatly desirable anatomical functions(and even the undesirable ones), so it's only like a tank psychologically. Physically, it's like "farting"(dont you love word filters?) a very fit woman.

Though physical interaction isn't needed for intercourse in GitS anyways. The previously-mentioned lesbian scene showed you can do it with just a futuristic stereo and some jumper cables, provided you have a cyberbrain(which is a given in their world).

I agree the manga is much better than the movie. Those fuchi koma tanks things are cool.

If you like them you will like the tv series because they included them in that (renamed them tachikoma) and gave them a heroic "death" in it. So er go watch it.

Tachikomas also have aesthetic redesigns. But they do fill the role.

Can't hurt that Shirow was actually involved in the TV series production, either. He had no hand in the movies, and it showed.

I think certain aspects of wearable technology are scary. Who the fuq would want to put poo into thier bodies that was made unless they had to anyway?

It's going to be a gradual adoption, not all at once(and yes, I do believe it will happen eventually).

First, we get prosthetics that are good enough to be actual replacement limbs, instead of the "better than nothing" we have now.

Full range of motion, reasonable sensitivity and responsiveness, aesthetically appealing. We're close to that now with hands(sensitivity is the big issue, aside from reliability).

Now from there, we make BETTER parts. A part that does everything your original one can do, but is stronger, faster, and doesn't get tired.

Now the "cripples" actually come out ahead.

If the part-swapping can be done quickly and easily, it's like modern plastic surgery, only there's a benefit beyond aesthetics.

Got a quarterback that wants to throw the ball a little farther? Get him a new arm(and hope he gets in before the NFL bans cybernetics, or that they don't notice it anymore than they do steroid usage).

Here's a hypothetical adoption scenario for society-wide cybernetic upgrades.

A company invents a replacement eyeball, with enhancements.

First, people that were blinded or had uncorrectable vision problems get new eyes that are better than 20/20, have a zoom function, can see IR and UV, and come in the color they want instead of the one genetics gave them.

Once it becomes an easier surgery to do, the people that were considering surgery to correct their vision get a similar upgrade(they were already planning on surgery, they just changed what kind).

Further down the line, the people that were getting contacts and glasses upgrade, because there's advantages to the surgery beyond removing the need for corrective lenses.

Finally, the people born with 20/20 vision upgrade their eyes because 20/20 is the new nearsighted and just seeing the visible spectrum is the new colorblind.

I can't see a viable adoption path for the cyberbrain, though. And that's really the centerpiece of Ghost's personal technology.

The animation females are either white or asians who have predominantly white features ( big round eyes, larger racks, taller, hourglass figures, etc etc etc) Kusanagi has an asian last name, but she looks caucasian.

I think this has less to do with certain cultural forces at work than simply the experiences of the creators and writers of these series.

392441[/snapback]

I have to disagree. I think cultural forces are exactly the reason why many anime females tend to have caucasian features.

As much as the Japanese are proud to be Japanese many of them go out of their way to look less Japanese. The greatest example of this is the eye surgery many Japanese women undergo to "fix" their "chinky" eyes.

And let's not forget the whole "kogal" craze.

I think  female characters, in general and not just animation, are progressively morphing into the same archtype.

Buffy Summers, Sydney Bristow, Veronica Mars, Lilly Rush, etc etc etc.

They are all

1) Masculine enough to draw in a pseudo lesbian audience

2) Are white

3) Are self righteous

4) Have a backload of angst

5) Require men they can push around

6) Have jobs/careers that are normally male dominated

The animation females are either white or asians who have predominantly white features ( big round eyes, larger racks, taller, hourglass figures, etc etc etc) Kusanagi has an asian last name, but she looks caucasian.

I think this has less to do with certain cultural forces at work than simply the experiences of the creators and writers of these series. Sex and the City was extremely popular because it showed women in an idealized format where there were few to no consequences for their actions. But the show was written mostly by gay men who probably wished they were women. Not angry women writers with an agenda ( those all work on Cold Case) . And not the misogynistic male writers who pen for Sopranos, 24, The Shield, etc.

So I think newer animation I've seen, some has some of this Western influence in it, where a 'strong woman' is defined by being caucasian like, selfish, difficult, moody and full of angst while proving her male counterparts to be sackless incompetents. I can't tell if this is what writers and creators consider their idealized female or simply a prototype of the women they never see or interact with at all.

So I think complex characters like Misa from SDF Macross, we won't see too many like her anymore. Someone who is portrayed as strong and troubled but not driven to excess like a narcissitic twit like Buffy Summers.

392441[/snapback]

It's funny that you mention this Death Hammer because in case you did/didn't know, the Japanese have a huge fetish with American/European culture which epitomizes why some Japanese charcters, whether they be male or female, have Caucasian features and Misa from Macross was perfect example you mentioned there. As I was growing up, I never fully understood why my Japanese brethren(yes, I'm 1/5 Japanese) sometime drew Japanese people that looked white, but now I know. However, I think it strongly has to do with the fact that you most of the time see more white women in TV drama series than with black women in which they're portrayed with those same characteristics that you pointed out DH. And of course, DH, you're right about the Japanese making ideal female characters

based on women they've never seen or met in real life due to the obvious fact that Japan is pretty much a homogenous society and the people don't get out of the country so much.

Sex and the City was extremely popular because it showed women in an idealized format where there were few to no consequences for their actions. But the show was written mostly by gay men who probably wished they were women.

Riiiiight...

If some of you guys idolize or wish for anime women in real life then I suggest from central Russia ... of course with out the purple hair color :p

392464[/snapback]

I'm sure she'd be willing to bleach and die her hair for a chance to come to the land of opportunity.

What's wrong with purple hair? :p True on real deal real life girls colored hair doesn't look good. Especially mixed color high lights. But on anime characters colored hair is alright.

If some of you guys idolize or wish for anime women in real life then I suggest from central Russia ... of course with out the purple hair color :p

392464[/snapback]

I'm sure she'd be willing to bleach and die her hair for a chance to come to the land of opportunity.

392477[/snapback]

In Mother Russia, hair dyes you!

Hmm, in retrospect, I want to add Noriko to my list too, as well as Proto-Asuka, I mean Jung :)

And Maetel, possibly one of the single hottest designs in the history of the universe.

Edited by Keith

If some of you guys idolize or wish for anime women in real life then I suggest from central Russia they have uniqe looks due to their Asian-Caucasian mixture, believe me you`ll find Misa`s looks and even Shampoo`s looks but of course with out the purple hair color :p

392464[/snapback]

Russian girls start out cute enough in their early 20's, but as soon as they hit early-mid 30's, they go south really fast.

The board is supposed to be PG-13 (though we often creep higher), so try not to get too much past that discussing various "aspects" of Major Kusanagi's construction/anatomy etc.  :)  Secondly, we do have female board members, though I doubt they'd be perusing this particular thread much.

392402[/snapback]

Not to worry. Nothing offensive int his thread. Besides threads like this are always worth a good laugh. Entertaining as all hell especially when the married fanboys reply. LOL

If some of you guys idolize or wish for anime women in real life then I suggest from central Russia they have uniqe looks due to their Asian-Caucasian mixture, believe me you`ll find Misa`s looks and even Shampoo`s looks but of course with out the purple hair color :p

392464[/snapback]

Russian girls start out cute enough in their early 20's, but as soon as they hit early-mid 30's, they go south really fast.

392558[/snapback]

Not all, I mean the ones from central Russia.