So, after many MANY years of hemming and hawing, I finally watched ALL of the 08th MS Team, and I gotta say... I liked it. It was really good.

I'm still somewhat annoyed by the retcons (i.e. Federation having so many mobile suits at a time when they were supposed to have exactly three), but the story ended up being really great.

And "Last Resort" was totally NOT the epilogue I was expecting, and is all the more perfect for it.

Edited by Gubaba

So, after many MANY years of hemming and hawing, I finally watched ALL of the 08th MS Team, and I gotta say... I liked it. It was really good.

I'm still somewhat annoyed by the retcons (i.e. Federation having so many mobile suits at a time when they were supposed to have exactly three), but the story ended up being really great.

And "Last Resort" was totally NOT the epilogue I was expecting, and is all the more perfect for it.

08th MS team has some great moments, one of them is the desert scene where they repair the Gundam.

My favorite 08th MS moment goes to when Shiro tears off the Ex8's arm and uses it as a stick to hit people :)

A close second would be when shiro assigns his team to snipe using the beam rifle when he is protecting the village from the zaku team.

My favorite gundams has to be most of the variations of the RX-121 Hazel from Advance of Zeta: Flag of the Titans, Nu Gundam, Gundam X/Divider, Zeta Gundam, Unicorn Gundam, and of course the original RX-78-2

For my favorite non-gundam mobile suits Sinanju, Quebeley, Gabthley, a bunch of the Zaku variants, and the Crossbone Vanguard's MS from F91.

My favorite 08th MS moment goes to when Shiro tears off the Ex8's arm and uses it as a stick to hit people :)

A close second would be when shiro assigns his team to snipe using the beam rifle when he is protecting the village from the zaku team.

I chuckled at the scene in "Last Resort" where Michel sees a swan and says, "Beautiful things... I hate them now." Take that, Lalah!! :lol:

The 8th MS Team vs. Norris Packard is one of my favorite battles in Gundam. Although Norris was killed he accomplished what he set out to do by destroying all the Mass Production Type Guntanks. That's rare to see the bad guy win in a lot of shows.

I just remembered something. Do you guys remember that one contest that Sunrise (or maybe it was Bandai?) had where individuals would vote for mobile suits that could potentially make it to a Gundam Unicorn episode.

I could have sworn that it was either the acguy or Zeta Plus that won (I think I voted for the zeta plus). Did this ever happen (i.e. did they ever include those mobile suits in the actual episode), or was it just a bust..?

I've only ever watched the UC stuff and Turn A, but now I've taken the dive and started watching Mobile Fighter G Gundam. As expected it's completely different to the normally very 'serious' UC Gundam but I'm having a good laugh so far...Now I get the whole "SHIIINIINGG FIIINGEEERSS!" thing.

Ah yes Turn A, the series that was meant as a glorious finale to the franchise, but no. Instead we get a steam punk talk anime filled with references to other Tomino anime as far back as Raideen and they just slapped the Gundam name on for market value. But hey, it HAD to reference other timelines, right? So just stick some UC technology, a few G Gundam references, and a second of footage from Wing and BOOM, "Turn A". Not even anything from X, how pathetic. Say what you will about SEED and Destiny but they at least DID manage to amalgamate all the previous timelines and technologies, making the Cosmic Era more Turn A than Turn A could turn. Tomino lost his mojo after Garzey's Wing since every anime after that was very lackluster (Brain Powerd, Turn A, King Gainer, Wings of Rean).

Edited by DuelGundam2099

Those timelines were awesome, although regardless it needed to have a proper amalgamation of all four, that is why it is called TURN A GUNDAM. As in ALL OF GUNDAM and it failed at that one point.

ALL OF GUNDAM... EXCEPT the ones that no one sane liked, like X.

There were sane people that liked X including myself. That and whether or not people like them has no factor when bringing all entries of a franchise together, you do not simply skip parts of history just because of some delusion that "nobody wants to mention them", it is highly selfish and unprofessional.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

There were sane people that liked X including myself.

Well, that's the problem, right? YOU liked it. That means no one else will.

Be more careful in the future, please.

EDIT: And, er...who said you were sane...? You...? Only you...? Anyone else chiming in...?

Edited by Gubaba

How about we just leave it at "Not everyone likes or hates the same Gundam show" and leave it at that. And we're all insane if we're arguing about which is a better 25-minute toy commercial disguised as a children's show.

How about we just leave it at "Not everyone likes or hates the same Gundam show" and leave it at that. And we're all insane if we're arguing about which is a better 25-minute toy commercial disguised as a children's show.

+++++++1

It shouldn't be a shocker that people like different things, cuz, you know, there's 7 billion of us.....