Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

I keep noticing that more and more of the "pins" in my Rei's joints get loose and partly come out all the time. Is it just mine, or are they all like that? Rei's the only Revoltech I have---do the mecha ones etc have *identical* joints, or just "similar"? Because I'm thinking revopliers must be a pointless thing to own, since I have to keep pushing the pins back in...

I've noticed that Rei's shoulders are specially prone to the problem you describe; this is most likely due to the short peg of the Revoltech joint in that area... the hips also come off rather easily, but not as bad as the arms. I have not noticed this quirk with any of the Patlabor Revoltechs I own, so I'm assuming this is a ,mostly, Fraulein exclusive "defect".

I was thinking of a way to remedy this and have come up with a possible solution (I have not done this myself, yet): Since the joints look like ABS, it could be possible to use a hot knife to create a nub on the end of the shaft that keeps coming off the PVC body's slots; a very slight flange would increase the friction and, because PVC is soft, act as an anchor without adversely affecting the ability of the peg to rotate inside the slot.

Edited by mechaninac

yup, the short pegs are to blame.

but with the Rin's case, it's the short pegs, plus the unpainted plastic, plus the loose holes for the pegs.

i fixed it by building up a nub with some CA glue.

they only needed a little ridge to jeep the joint from coming apart. too much glue, & the pegs won't fit ;)

the fix has held up pretty well ^_^

the hot knife method might be easier to do too

Mr. March- Thanks! That's what the dead link used to lead to.

Good to hear. It seems legitimate. I really hope to see some pictures. The Xenomorphs are made for Revoltech. There are some many classic "alien" pose that could be done with a proper revoltech xenomorph. Can't wait!

I got my first Revoltech figure at a used toy store, the Patlabor AV-X0 Type Zero. I've been curious about Revoltechs for awhile (I really want the Transformers ones), and for $13 sealed in box I figured it was worth a shot. Are the later ones any better? I couldn't get it into any of the slick poses on the box (I got it into a sort of ninja crouch).

The owner had three other Patlabors (Type J-9 Griffon, and two AV-98 Ingrams, units 1 & 2). I might pick them up so my Type Zero isn't lonely, but I don't see myself spending the usual $25-$30 plus shipping on many of the imported ones (again, maybe just the Transformers).

Edited by mikeszekely

I got my first Revoltech figure at a used toy store, the Patlabor AV-X0 Type Zero. I've been curious about Revoltechs for awhile (I really want the Transformers ones), and for $13 sealed in box I figured it was worth a shot. Are the later ones any better? I couldn't get it into any of the slick poses on the box (I got it into a sort of ninja crouch.

The owner had three other Patlabors (Type J-9 Griffon, and two AV-98 Ingrams, units 1 & 2). I might pick them up so my Type Zero isn't lonely, but I don't see myself spending the usual $25-$30 plus shipping on many of the imported ones (again, maybe just the Transformers).

I got my Type-0 into a pretty badass pose. Not very action oriented, but looking more sinister, like the possessed Type-0 should be.

I got my first Revoltech figure at a used toy store, the Patlabor AV-X0 Type Zero. I've been curious about Revoltechs for awhile (I really want the Transformers ones), and for $13 sealed in box I figured it was worth a shot. Are the later ones any better? I couldn't get it into any of the slick poses on the box (I got it into a sort of ninja crouch.

I can get my Patlabor into all the poses shown on the box and many more. You've got to put some effort into it; I recommend just spending some time understanding the Revoltech before doing really complex poses. There actually is a bit of a learning curve, so take the time and you'll be well rewarded. I've had mine for months and I'm still coming up with poses. Revoltechs are the best creative toy since lego :)

I can get my Patlabor into all the poses shown on the box and many more. You've got to put some effort into it; I recommend just spending some time understanding the Revoltech before doing really complex poses. There actually is a bit of a learning curve, so take the time and you'll be well rewarded. I've had mine for months and I'm still coming up with poses. Revoltechs are the best creative toy since lego :)

Thanks for the advice. I'll play with the Type Zero a little bit more. I need to figure out its shoulders a little better, but I'm starting to get it. I'll pick up the other Patlabor toys at that store I found them at (I've always liked the Patlabor designs, but I never got a chance to watch the show, so no strong attachments there). I'm definitely inclined to get the Transformer ones though.

Are the human toys any good? I see they made Kasumi from Dead or Alive, and Dante from Devil May Cry 3. *Crosses fingers and hopes for Dante and Nero figs from Devil May Cry 4*

Thanks for the advice. I'll play with the Type Zero a little bit more. I need to figure out its shoulders a little better, but I'm starting to get it. I'll pick up the other Patlabor toys at that store I found them at (I've always liked the Patlabor designs, but I never got a chance to watch the show, so no strong attachments there). I'm definitely inclined to get the Transformer ones though.

Are the human toys any good? I see they made Kasumi from Dead or Alive, and Dante from Devil May Cry 3. *Crosses fingers and hopes for Dante and Nero figs from Devil May Cry 4*

I think the human figures are some of the better toys in this line. Revy from Black lagoon and the Fraulein line are beyond awesome. I like to try to come up with new poses for them every other week. The evas are also very good for posing.

We should start a thread devoted to all of the action poses possible with these figures.

woohoo! i just got the Asuka ^_^

the sculpt of the face is excellent, it's my favorite so far

construction wise, it's pretty much like the Rei.

the accessories are super cool, starting with the ACR/pallete rifle.

it's funny how it seems kinda scrawny compared to the pics, but the proportion's actually good.

then there's the voodoo doll :lol: it's actually got its own revy joint! awesome!

one minor problem is the color of the revy joints.

they're a darker tone of red than the paint they used on the figure, and they're the matte kind.

I'm definitely inclined to get the Transformer ones though.

I have both the Optimus Prime & Megatron Revoltechs and love 'em!!

Highly recommended mate.

Awesome figures and I can't wait for the Hot Rod!!!

Wha what? DOA Kasumi? Not that I'm aware of.

My bad, David. There's a Kaiyodo Kasumi, but it's not Revoltech. It's Bome Volume. That's what I get for searching Kaiyodo instead of Revoltech.

Ah, that. Very nice figure, but I'm much more of an Ayane fan. (My Kotobukiya NG Ayane is the best statue/figure I own, period)

There was a period when I was playing DoA2 Hardcore a lot, and Ayane wound up being my best character. Despite that, I've always had a softer spot for Kasumi.

The Kaiyodo figure looks to be one of the better Kasumi figures out there, but I'd rather see her in the Revoltech Fraülein line.