Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

See, I kinda grew up with parents and friends who were largely of the opinion that toys were for children, and expected that I would stop playing with them. For the most part, I did. Even though I've been a member of Macross World now for nearly a decade, I've never bought a Macross toy although the fact that they rarely seem to be under three figures might have something to do with it, too). I did a very brief stint with a few of the Gundam model kits that turned up around the time Wing was really popular, but that was pretty much it from middle school until Transformers Classics.

So, even now, I find it difficult to buy toys. In fact, I pretty much only have all of the Deluxe and bigger Transformers Classics, a handful of movie Transformers, an assortment of various other Optimus Primes, Wal-Mart MP Starscream, 20th anniversary Prime, MP Megatron, and my solitary Revoltech Type Zero.

That said, I'm finding myself surprisingly drawn to these Revoltech figures. At some point, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get the Transformers, a few other Patlabor figures, Roy's VF-1S, and now I see they're coming out with the YF-19 and YF-21. I don't know if I'll get any others though. If they sold them in America, maybe I'd pick up a few others as an impulse buy. I kinda like the Dante figure, but I kinda like older Dante better.

I kinda think the question would be how well Kaiyodo can translate non-anime characters into revy format. Everything they've done so far has been anime/game-based or non-human characters i think, so would be interesting to see how Apone or Hicks looks like anime-ized.

I'm not much of a Patlabor fan, but I love the mecha, so the Revoltechs are perfect for me.

I'm convinced Revoltech is some kind of evil mind control cause I made a purchase similar to yours. I'm not much of an Neon Genesis Evangelion fan, but I love the mecha design so I purchased a Revoltech Evangelion Unit 0 (Blue) :)

I'm convinced Revoltech is some kind of evil mind control cause I made a purchase similar to yours. I'm not much of an Neon Genesis Evangelion fan, but I love the mecha design so I purchased a Revoltech Evangelion Unit 0 (Blue) :)

Revoltechs are damn addictive. You can get a wide variety of anime licenses in toy form for cheap and they're great toys also: nicely sculpted, ultra poseable, tight and fun. It's very hard for me to stay away from licenses I don't even care about because the toys are so neat, but if I don't restrain myself, I'll end up eating away all my money for toys :p

Oooh, that'd be nice. Maybe a new ZOE game too. Preferably one that I don't finish in one four hour sitting, though.

I've never played the game, but I've seen models of the mecha and all the game's movies in Youtube, so I know what is about. I should give it a shot. Too bad is so short, but I don't have much time to play videogames anyway <_<

Yeah, ZOE revy!

I love the games and the mechas would make some wonderfull figures.

CWmodels 's shots of ZOE kits from WF08 awaken some long forgotten wishes.

Just received my Rin figure! Awesome! :) First fraulein figure, and i'm impressed. Will post pics later when not busy.

David i have the short peg syndrome as well. But it's just not meant to play with only to display i guess.

Really impressed anyways. Can't wait for Asuka!

Also the IDOL master line is on it's way - http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01197

I don't really like the leg seems at all, but i will buy atleast one from this line, just not this one, doesn't do anything for me.

Okay, since we all agree on the ZOE toys, is there any way of transmitting Kaiyodo our requests for figures? :huh:

Not sure really. But I do know it's not beyond the realm of possibility considering Kaiyodo has already made a ZOE model kit (at least one), so they already have the sculpt in about the right size for these figures too.

Thank you for the pictures my friends , I didn't know official figures were released.

Shot I missed them ( another good reason for ZOE revy) but I will hunt for them right now.

Yo L.soldier,this quo vadis mecha rocks. I didn't play the game but the design is terrific.

Do you have the artbook?

cool multi costumes for chunners ! =-)

her stairmaster must get a work out LOL

Whee! Just got my Revy Tetsujin in the mail. Can't wait to get home and see what he can do. I'm pretty pleased with the SOC version of Fatty so I won't be too upset if the Revoltech version isn't the bees knees. Anyone else pick up a T28?

Thank you for the pictures my friends , I didn't know official figures were released.

Shot I missed them ( another good reason for ZOE revy) but I will hunt for them right now.

Yo L.soldier,this quo vadis mecha rocks. I didn't play the game but the design is terrific.

Do you have the artbook?

I wish. I don't even know the name of the designer. All I have are a few jpg's of lineart I found here and there and a couple of pics of some very rare garage kits from back then. I can send them to you if you're interested. Just PM me.

I thought that was an awfully "generic"-looking Anubis... (I haven't played in years, and Anubis only shows up in the anime for about 5 secs) That's the "awakened" Jehuty, right?

Yeah. Anubis is bad ass. It's my personal fave. Looks like a real Dog... erm... God :p Hopefully, if Kaiyodo ever makes these, they'll start the line with him. Too bad that Kaiyodo seems more interested in big licenses like Aliens now that the Revy line is such a success.

Here's a pic of an old Anubis kit I keep in my ZOE folder:

post-1636-1204829942_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I just found this wonderfull site: ^_^

Complete files of Quo vadis mechas here B))

http://www.gearsonline.net/quovadis/index.html

Too bad there isn't a quo vadis 2 mecha files too,they are even better.

Please PM me the pix of the ZOE kits. Man, talking about it make with play again to ZOE 1. Still very enjoyable even after all these years.

Will then move to ZOE 2. ^_^

I just found this wonderfull site: ^_^

Complete files of Quo vadis mechas here B))

http://www.gearsonline.net/quovadis/index.html

Too bad there isn't a quo vadis 2 mecha files too,they are even better.

Please PM me the pix of the ZOE kits. Man, talking about it make with play again to ZOE 1. Still very enjoyable even after all these years.

Will then move to ZOE 2. ^_^

Dude!

Those are wonderful! Thanks a lot.

I'll PM you right away. Just let me save all those Quo Vadis files to my computer :p

Coz i was busy offline, i just made payment now for my Asuka Revy, so i'll be getting Asuka and Black Ox coming to

me soon enough. I got black ox coz he's cool and beefy and will give my Mazinkaiser someone to duel with.

As i mentioned before i wil be doing mods for Black Ox. (spikes on shoulders, face and torso mods)

One of the first things i will do is swap Asuka's head for Rin's so she can do the skirt thing. :D yayyy

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'd be ok with simple "colonial marine" figures rather than actual characters from the movie, i really don't care so long as the armor and weapons are right. also...

PREDATORS c'mon!

I want the rest of the Evangelion characters .

Where's Shinji and Misato ?

What about Guyver figures. What about Trigun figures?

Why isn't there a Mazinger revy out yet?

Finally got to spend some time with Tetsujin and I'm extremely impressed with this figure. The head seems a little small, but not to the point where it looks bad. Otherwise the articulation for such a tubby bot is amazing. He even comes with a set of articulated hands (one hinge that all fingers move on, but still nice). One thing I was really surprised by was the hard plastic he's made of. I was expecting the softer PVC but the plastic is as hard as a Transformers toy, which is a good thing!

I actually like this Tetsujin so much it has me wondering if I really need the SOC version anymore. I'll wait a bit before selling the SOC though. When I got the SOC I liked it so much that I got rid of the Soft Garage version BoB helped me get, and now I'm sorely regretting that decision. I suppose the lesson here for me should be to just not get rid of ANY T28 toys. :p

I want the rest of the Evangelion characters .

Where's Shinji and Misato ?

What about Guyver figures. What about Trigun figures?

Why isn't there a Mazinger revy out yet?

I'd love a Misato (with NERV red jacket) Revy.

btw guys i'm not sure if you know but Rei Revy is back in stock at hlj.com if you guys wanted her.