Orguss Toy Thread

hoarder!!!! :p  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I have a couple models recently bought and 1 broken toy from when I was a kid. It was the smaller version though

379841[/snapback]

I think that is the 1/80 Scale

chekc out toybox DX site on orguss toys.

http://www.toyboxdx.com/data/takatoku2/org....html#LISTSTART

I have the 1/62 scale Orgroid and a bootleg Olson in the same size which is not listed at all on tyobox. they do show a 1/80 scale.

Hi, OK here`s mine, it`s a bootleg but very good quality. I don`t remember the scale though but its the same height as the HGUC 1/144 Gundam kits :

I´ve got the same one lying somewhere in the basement (in a bad shape), it came in a set with the Olsen version.

Basically I only hoard the model kits, did buy some in the 80s but many more in recent years. Now I have 2 of the transforming 1/40s, one 1/48 Kei and 7 fixed pose in 1/72 plus 5 Nickicks, Ishkick/Ishforn, 1/48 M-Lovers, Bronco and Dal. 21 in total plus a crappy looking Kei Tank I built 23 years ago(Sorry for being sorta off-topic)

I really want a Dee so one day I´ll get the toy, it looks very good from what I´ve seen, but the prices have so far prevented me from buying one.

Drifand Orguss Orgroid in 1/60 was exactly like the one I have (broken at moms house) I remember the hands and the posability of the shoulders,,, I played the hell out of thast thing, fun tough toy

Holy crap, that's a lot of boxes.

I have one 1/40 Orgroid that I got in Japan last year. I notice that just as I'm getting interested in a 1/40 Nikick the prices are jumping up on ebay. *grump*.

I always think it's interesting that everybody in the US recognizes Orguss toys from their childhood, but nearly never know what they were called or that there was a show associated with them. I had a little Orgroid and Nikick when I was a kid, but didn't know up until a couple of years ago what they actually were.

I picked up a 1/40 Orgroid in great condition for a great price in Singapore about a year ago. I'd been searching for years. He's one of my faves!

Wow. Great stuff, everybody. I really like your custom Orgroid-Valk, NMB4Macross.

I've got a small collection of Orguss stuff, that I'm slowly adding to. This is what I have now:

1/40 Orgroid MIB

1/60 Gerwalk Nikick MIB

1/60 Gerwalk Ishkick Command MIB

1/60 Gerwalk Ishkick Command Bootleg

1/60 Gerwalk Ishkick Standard MIB

1/60 Gerwalk Ishkick Standard Bootleg (Grey/White)

1/60 Gerwalk Ishforn MIB

ARII 1/48 Orgroid Gerwalk

ARII 1/144 Orguss 4Type (all four of the 1/144s in one box)

I've just started building my 4Type models - these are very simple, yet very cool little guys. I've more or less finished the Orgroid and Tank models - the Orgroid in 1/144 is about 3" tall! Here's a really poor picture of the Orgroid:

post-873-1142292281.jpg

I only have one 1/40 scale Drifand Orguss in fantastic condition that Blackaces help find for me a couple of years ago.

Still in it's box, haven't had time to take it out and transfom it yet. May end up selling it on evilbay.

Graham

I've got a small collection of Orguss stuff, that I'm slowly adding to. This is what I have now:

ARII 1/48 Orgroid Gerwalk

ARII 1/144 Orguss 4Type (all four of the 1/144s in one box)

I've just started building my 4Type models - these are very simple, yet very cool little guys. I've more or less finished the Orgroid and Tank models - the Orgroid in 1/144 is about 3" tall! Here's a really poor picture of the Orgroid:

379955[/snapback]

Even with the slightly blurred picture that little Orgroid looks great Hiriyu, definitely well built. I suspected they´d look as bad as the old ARII 1/170 Valks but they seem to be well detailed and proportioned.

As for the 1/48 Gerwalk, would you say it looks OK? I´ve only got a 1/48 transformable from ARII and it looks too angular and has just a bunch of ugly hinges instead of a lower torso - still, it cannot transform properly. From this experience, I sorta gave up on the ARII Orguss models and got only IMAI kits, but maybe the fixed-pose models are better...

As for the small stuff, is there anyone here on MW who owns the 1/120 3-Type Nickick or even the 1/200 Set with the 2 M-Lovers and Ishkick/Ishforn? I´d love to see those built up!

The 1/120s were issued as a set or separately, here iare the flyer and Gerwalk:

post-2845-1142322640_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1142322717_thumb.jpg

This is the box of the 4-set in 1/200:

post-2845-1142322763_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words honneamise. My models do carry certain signature touches, usually in the form of big gluey thumbprints, but they seem to display ok from a "short" distance :lol: . I haven't seen many of the smaller kits such as you've posted around, which is probably a good thing for everyone, considering what I would likely do to them :D .

I haven't pulled the shrinkwrap from the 1/48 Gerwalk, so can't really comment on it yet. Like you've stated, I had heard that the ARII Orguss variable kits left lots to be desired, but I've had fun with some of their small fixed-pose stuff like the 1/100 VF-1 fighters, and figured it would be good for a eight dollar lark if nothing else.

Solscud, nice custom there too. Might be fun to pick up a beater Orgroid and do the same, maybe with some intake mods on the legs... :ph34r:

I have a 1/40 (I'm guessing) Orgroid with gun, projectiles, and instruction book but no box. Picked it up really cheap at Super Collectors back when they were located in Fountain Valley. The orgroid is sunburned though... :p lol Lots of yellowing all over. I don't care though because I picked it up for really cheap. :D

Orguss01_300104.jpg

Orguss mecha are still my first love. I think I like them so much because as I grew up in the 80s, I came across a ton of really fantastic SF illustrations for paperbacks by artists like Chris Foss, Chris Moore... and the BEST (IMO), Peter Elson. See here for a small gallery of his works.

"PE" as he signs off on his paintings managed to inspire with strange organic shapes and strongly evocative graphics and alien lettering. When I saw my first Orguss toys, MAN! It was like see a part of Elson's art come to life! Simply out of this world.

11.jpg

Orguss01_300104.jpg

Orguss mecha are still my first love. I think I like them so much because as I grew up in the 80s, I came across a ton of really fantastic SF illustrations for paperbacks by artists like Chris Foss, Chris Moore... and the BEST (IMO), Peter Elson. See here for a small gallery of his works.

"PE" as he signs off on his paintings managed to inspire with strange organic shapes and strongly evocative graphics and alien lettering.  When I saw my first Orguss toys, MAN! It was like see a part of Elson's art come to life! Simply out of this world.

11.jpg

380178[/snapback]

Hey drifand what Orgroid is that in front of the large olsen? Is that a custom? got any more pics of it? looks liek a large brown 1/40 scale

Solscud, that one is merely a real AGED 1/40 Orguss Orgroid - the version with the brown canopy and lens. It has yellowed a lot more visibly than my same-age 1/40 Nikick!!!

In fact, I have a 1/40 Orgroid II kit standing by to convert the beat up toy into a custom 'brownie'. Only thing is, I don't think my scratch building skills are really up to the task... so it's on the backburner for now :-)

Solscud, that one is merely a real AGED 1/40 Orguss Orgroid - the version with the brown canopy and lens. It has yellowed a lot more visibly than my same-age 1/40 Nikick!!!

In fact, I have a 1/40 Orgroid II kit standing by to convert the beat up toy into a custom \'brownie\'. Only thing is, I don\'t think my scratch building skills are really up to the task... so it\'s on the backburner for now :-)

380242[/snapback]

Great minds think alike, I too am thinking of doing the same with my spare 1/40 Orguroid. I have the kit on stand-by. I just need a little bit ot time to get going. The last spare 1/40 Orguroid I had was converted to a Jotun Valkyrie.

Orguss01_300104.jpg

"PE" as he signs off on his paintings managed to inspire with strange organic shapes and strongly evocative graphics and alien lettering.  When I saw my first Orguss toys, MAN! It was like see a part of Elson's art come to life! Simply out of this world.

11.jpg

380178[/snapback]

Drifand...you know I still hate you because of your Orguss collection! :p

I have a 1/40 Orguss which was in a store window or something before I got him, cause he's all sunburnt. And I also have the pride & joy of my collection...my perfect 1/40 Nikick w/ unapplied stickers and a PRESTINE box as well :D

Nikick5.jpg

I also have a small Nikick knockoff that I had when I was really little.

-RF

Edited by Rider Faiz

• 1 month later...

I'm bringing this one back from the nether reaches of the board :)

On the subject of Jotun/Orguss-Valks, here's an interesting one I found. The discoloration on the bottom third is due to some weirdness my scanner just started pulling on me (not that the discoloration detracts too much from the original scheme on this one) :lol:

post-873-1145599400_thumb.jpg

omg.. frankenvalk!

That's something Kidkorrupt would have made. I remember all the weird Dr.Moreau toys he used to create.