Japanese Engrish

areaseven

I've been chicken intolerant (or allergic?) for as long as I can remember. The doctor told me it wasn't worth taking one of those allergic test cuz it could be any number of things in chicken (including the chemicals they pump into then). She just told me, "Just don't eat chicken." I told a friend this, and she came up with the logic since humans don't eat humans, chickens don't eat chickens. I died laughing seeing this engrish pic. :lol:

BTW, as far as I know, I'm the only chicken intolerant person I know? :unsure:

See if you can spot the Engrish on this one.

If it's the suvastika, remember that it was a symbol used before the nazis. Besides it's the reverse swastika, which has a different meaning. See Blade Of The Immortal manga.

There's the Old World Swastika, and there's the Nazi Swastika... two very different symbols if you know the differences.

Key here: The Nazi Swastika is tilted 45 degrees, the Old World Swastika more often than not sits on one of its four edges.

If it's the suvastika, remember that it was a symbol used before the nazis. Besides it's the reverse swastika, which has a different meaning. See Blade Of The Immortal manga.

There's the Old World Swastika, and there's the Nazi Swastika... two very different symbols if you know the differences.

Key here: The Nazi Swastika is tilted 45 degrees, the Old World Swastika more often than not sits on one of its four edges.

Cuz if the History Channel has taught us anything.... :ph34r:

Actually, the Suvastika (long before those goose-stepping bastards ruined it :angry: ) was a symbol of good luck -- fertility -- the sun all over the world. They've found artwork from American Indians, Indian Indians, Irish, Celts, Picts, Gauls, Saxons, Germans, Vikings, Native Australians, Japanese, Chinese, Tibetans and Egyptians all using variations on the same symbol. And tilt or arm direction is not a safe way of discerning the benign symbol of good luck from the malign symbol of genocide. About the only way to discern the symbol's meaning is look at who's using it and why.

Edited by Pat Payne

de-horny-treatment.jpg

I WANNA GO THERE! I WANNA GO THERE! :p

I know you all think the whole body de-horny treatment is a good idea, but what if it's permenent?

Am I the only one worried about this? I mean what if they're trying to mess with the purity of our bodily essences? :)

Besides if it is permenent then I will have nothing to do all summer. :(

Edited by Father Jack

Bad Engrish isn't just for Japan alone, check this out.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdlogo_file=qsphl/asb...ztecs_2003.gifb

there is two things wrong with this.

1.Who the heck names their team the Asbestos Aztecs?

2.Am I the only that is wondering what the hell a team named the aztecs is doing in the QSPHL the quebec semi proffesional hockey league?

Not exactly Japanese Engrish, but like the Blow-Off products, the people who came up with this product name must've been on crack.

Planters

The Blow-Off stuff was pretty funny, but the Planters stuff, I don't get. :huh:

Both of those were on Jay Leno the other night as part of a segment on "X-Rated 99-Cent Store Products." One of the funniest that they had was an energy drink called "Erectus" which, on the side of the can, had a figure of a guy with a...yep, you guessed it :)

I didn't see this one here in the thread...I defy ANYONE, even the people who wrote it, to make heads or tails of THIS...

post-26-1083022181_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...