1/48 Vf-1d Custom

Majestic

Here's my latest work - a custom paint job and decals based on the VF-0B Space Proving Wing scheme. This 1D is my own "fanfiction" version of the 0B in VF1 form. Custom decals read "Shinnakasu Heavy Industries VFX-1D Transitional Avionics Space Proving Wing". A smaller decal near the nose reads "Stonewell/Bellcom + Centinental Limited Joint Venture". I'll post a better look at the decals later.

Getting the paint/masking just right as an airbrush novice was an enormous pain - not sure I will work with pure white in a custom scheme ever again.

Thanks to Captain America for the awesome conversion kit, Anasazi for some 1D decals, and Fulcy for the hollow head lasers. All of you and your fine work made this a pleasure to build. :D

I apologize for the poor picture quality. The last picture is the SPW 1D next to my earlier Enigma custom.

post-283-1138906559_thumb.jpg

post-283-1138906602_thumb.jpg

post-283-1138906624_thumb.jpg

post-283-1138906638_thumb.jpg

post-283-1138906668_thumb.jpg

post-283-1138906690_thumb.jpg

post-283-1138906733_thumb.jpg

post-283-1138906749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Majestic

How is the paint holding up through transformations?  Beautiful job.

365945[/snapback]

Thanks!

Holds up pretty well after several coats of dulled Future - but this will probably be one of the last times I transform it. The shoulders were scratched pretty badly for the "first draft", so I had to strip and repaint/re-seal those parts.

Time to go collect dust in my display cabinet in fighter (or maybe gerwalk) mode!

EDIT: And one of these days add a figure to the back seat...

Edited by Majestic