Falken

Only 1/100? Interesting. I've only done about eight or so missions in Ace Combat 5, but I've known about the Falken after reading a lot of discussion about it in various gamefaqs.

Too bad they won't re-release EX-4, the Patlabor command car. Now that is something I'd get in a heart beat.

The Falken is the secret fighter found in the Playstation 2 game, "Ace Combat 5". I believe the player must destroy the bunker which houses said fighter in order to unlock it for future missions. I guess this is spoiler material, but too late now. Oops.

Edited by Spatula

Oh! MAN! I so want that!! That's great news, it will be to scale with my Yukikaze Bandai stuff, the molding detail is so crisp on those planes.

When is it out? Any plans for an X-02?

I just finished Ace Combat a few days ago, now I want to get back to earn enough money and obtain the pieces to buy a Falken. I love the aircraft designs!

If you want an X-02, you could always buy a YF-23 and modify it.

Anyways---the XFA-27 is a far cooler plane. And you can even fight the Falken with it! A REALLY ambitious person could build one from an F-14 kit, as it uses a large amount of the fuselage panel-for-panel. If they're making the ADF-01, they need to make the rival XFA-27.

If you want an X-02, you could always buy a YF-23 and modify it.

Anyways---the XFA-27 is a far cooler plane.  And you can even fight the Falken with it!   A REALLY ambitious person could build one from an F-14 kit, as it uses a large amount of the fuselage panel-for-panel.   If they're making the ADF-01, they need to make the rival XFA-27.

365647[/snapback]

Hey David, whats the XFA-27? Is it from Ace Combat oir real? Any pictures?

Edited by wm cheng

Ace Combat 2. Where the AFD-01/Falken also made its first appearance. The Falken did not premiere in Ace Combat 5, it just became more famous in AC5 because in AC2 it was only an enemy plane (and you couldn't fly it).

Pics are few and far between, here's the only one I could find: http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~tac1991/18.jpg

AC2 has a plane viewer in it, so you can look at all the planes up close and move them around, etc.

Considering that the length of the X-02 is about 22 m, the Falken will have a decent size even in 1/100. AC2 gives no info on the data, anything from AC5?

-i-

366711[/snapback]

Hey those are amazing!! did you scratch build those? or are there some kits I'm missing :p

I like the design. Vaguely but not unlike the fighters from Rahxephon.

366789[/snapback]

Speaking RahXephon fighters has anyone brought those out yet?

366790[/snapback]

What do they look like?

It says "March Release" at this moment for a preorder.

The Tachikomas have been placed order stop just very recently. I put in my order for two of them...

EDIT: Nevermind, the Tachikoma's are back for Feb restock.

Edited by Spatula

I swear I know that plane design from something besides ace combat. Don't know where though. Oh well. The plane stands out in my meneory, where I saw it does not. Guess the plane was cool and where I saw it was not.

kinda similar to the cowboy beebop swordfish... but thats not what I'm thinking of.

• 2 weeks later...
I swear I know that plane design from something besides ace combat. Don't know where though. Oh well. The plane stands out in my meneory, where I saw it does not. Guess the plane was cool and where I saw it was not.

kinda similar to the cowboy beebop swordfish... but thats not what I'm thinking of.

371179[/snapback]

It kinda reminds me of the old Battletech aircraft, some of those designs were taken from Crusher Joe.

371179[/snapback]

It kinda reminds me of the old Battletech aircraft, some of those designs were taken from Crusher Joe.

375722[/snapback]

Harpy and Siren ! I would love to get such a plane in 1/72 scale. But sadly they were only produced in 1/144 and 1/100