Falken

• 2 weeks later...

Received the Falken today.

The Falken is a big bird, at 1/100 scale it's slightly longer that the Yukikaze (the figure is not from the kit). The parts show the excellent detail level of Bandai's EX kits, optional parts are open airbrake, canards in landing position, and laser cannon in firing position. It also has clear parts for the camera "eyes" and moveable exhaust panels. The kit's weak points are the under-inspired landing gear and the decals, which appear rather thick and have a visible printing screen.

-i-

post-1187-1144935882_thumb.jpg

post-1187-1144935898_thumb.jpg

post-1187-1144935912_thumb.jpg

Too bad they won't re-release EX-4, the Patlabor command car.  Now that is something I'd get in a heart beat.

365189[/snapback]

They just might when enough orders pile up in Japan to warrant a reissue, or if a new Patlabor anime release needs a marketing push.

It's funny how I couldn't sell my extra EX Model kit of the command car for the longest time. Everybody drools over it until they found out the price tag Bandai slapped on the kit.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Did a little work on the kit. The Falken is basically a "shake 'n bake" kit, with all the parts falling together seamlessly. But Bandai doesn't want you to feel totally stupid, so they left a major seamline on top of the nose to putty. With that done, everything is ready for priming now.

-i-

post-1187-1145621379_thumb.jpg

post-1187-1145621395_thumb.jpg

Quick question, do they have a kit out of the ADF-01 Morgan fighter already? I like that one better than the Falken

• 1 month later...

Sweet looking good man!~ Ever notice how the canopy opens up? very very unique! I wish the model would do the same but at the scale it'd be iny and hard to paint.

Its a very cool kit, shame I always tend to break my models(alwyas treat them like toys in my case). I hope Bandai makes a soul of popynica Ace combat series consisting of each special plane in the Ac universe(XFA-27, XFA-36 Game, ADF-01 Falken, ADFX-01 Morgan, X-02, et al). These planes would kill in diecast with retractable gear, metal, opening features and in a bigger 1/72 scale format. One can wish.

But if I see the Falken for a good price@ a con I might buy it. AMA is in 2 weeks, but somehow I doubt it would show up at an anime con.

Yup.  XFA-27 is still the coolest-looking (and it's half F-14), followed by the X-02 (which is 3/4 YF-23).

406021[/snapback]

I find that the canards on the X-02 spoils the nicely blended shape of the YF-23. Would have preferred an X-02 without the canards. If canards are going to be put on, it'll look nicer without the ruddervators. 3 sets of wing areas (from top view) is a bit too cluttered for my liking.

Am not a fan of forward swept wings too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Buy mine from ebay today. B))

Now Bandai need to make a ADFX-01 Morgan modelkit. ^_^

Congrats! Hope you didn't paid too much.

I think Bandai/Namco's Ace Combat Ex-Model was an one time experience. I had high hopes for more, but it faded away with every single month passing by without any announcements. Now I'm building my own X-02.

By the way. There was a kit of the ADFX-01 with tactical Laser System on sale at WF2007.

post-1730-1200674857_thumb.jpg

Thank you TSP for the ADFX pix. It's awesome but I guess it's a one time kit impossible to find today out of japan.

Sure looks like a killer.

Hey look what I found: WF2007 ace combat models

I'm wondering how I can sneak them out of japan.

And more here with other cool items like vic viper,darius gaiden,metal black.

Geez I discovered Hasegawa released 1/144 resin kit of the R-101 and R-103. :o

cool model kits.

Edited by CAIN MKII

The TAC Fenrir is cool. He also made an Apsalis from Ace Combat X. And once again its a Wonder Festival only kit.

Electric Indigo painted a Hasegawa Delphinus 3 in Fiona Fitzgerald scheme.

Link In this thread you'll find a few links to other garage kit producers.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: Horray, I received my kit today:

falkenqk4.th.jpg

I'm so excited, I'm gonna start building it right away.

And I won't paint it red or black, looks dull.

But this is something I like better:

acadf01ffalken23td8.jpg

Edited by CAIN MKII

^_^ I finished my kit today. It's been 10 years since I built my last plastic kit. Given that I'm pretty glad of the final result. B))

It was also the first time I used an airbrush. I still need to practice. :lol:

I must say I was amazed by the quality of this kit.

Crisp details, no glue needed, pieces snaps together easily,fit perfectly.

You just need to think about painting it. A+++

I was inspired by the work of another modeler for the paint scheme.

Excelent idea, it gives justice to the beautifull curves of the FALKEN.

Too bad Bandai and Namco never released more of them, like the ADFX-01 MORGAN.

It's time to go back building my Yukikaze kit. ^_^

In memory of Ace fighter pilot PIXY

adf01001wg7.th.jpg

adf01002de5.th.jpg

adf01003rv2.th.jpg

adf01004tl4.th.jpg

adf01005te4.th.jpg

adf01006gk6.th.jpg

adf01007fg9.th.jpg

Edited by CAIN MKII