Gits Scratch Building - Awesome Models

Spatula

I found this site before the WAVE 1/24 Tachikoma kits were released.

Absolutely amazing stuff that this dude has scratch built based on the Ghost in the Shell: SAC universe. Everything from the ARM Suit that nearly wasted Kusanagi in the first season, that MASSIVE tank from the 2nd episode of the 1st season, and even the drone helis from the beginning of the 2nd GIG series. And last but not least, the Tachikomas.

This guy even scratch builds Batou, and even more so, that litte girl featured in the episode of "Tachikoma's Day Out".

Why oh why are these people so talented?

And for something sacreligious, "what's Macross again?" :angry:

LOL just kidding!

Edited by Spatula

What I want to know is exactly where the hell this guys getting all his materials from. What type of plastic is that and where can I get it???

Also, I have yet to see a good 1/24 or something scale of the original Fuchikoma from the first movie. Now that is bad ass to the max.

The spider tank at the end of the 1st movie is called the "Think Tank"?

You gotta be kidding me. I've seen those gashapons on eBay too, but I never thought of looking up what the description is. The seller will probably just say, "Tachikoma". >_>

Also, I'm busy going through my GITS manga (the original) trying to find the chapter where the fight takes place. I can't even remember anymore.

Edited by Spatula

I imagine this guy has a lot of spare time & cash for this sort of thing.

He seems to prefer styrene & lots of Mr. putty for the initial sculpt, then he uses some kind of resin for the final product.

man, if I only had that kind of spending power, I'd have my own garage's worth of those things :blink:

There were no Fuchikomas or Tachkoma's in the movie, just the "think tank". I believe they are called Fuchi-koma in the Manga, Tachi-Koma in SAC.

That was a GREAT scene, episode 24 of SAC! Mr Batou being saved by the Tachkomas, so sweet, so sad :( That site is an AWESOME recreation!

I really liked the one that was repainted yellow to do high altitude construction.

Wow, talk about talent and attention to details. :ph34r:

Envy... envy... :)

Can someone explain to me the differences between Fuchikomas and Tachikomas?

Are the Tachikomas between the 1st Gig and 2nd Gig any different?

Edited by rnurmin

The Tachikomas are the same "guys" from as the 1st season. It's funny in the 1st episode of the 2nd GIG where the Tachis are reassigned to Section 9 after their dismantle. They sorta freaked Batou out by pretending to have a mechanical voice! So cutie~.

Wow, talk about talent and attention to details.  :ph34r:

Envy... envy... :)

Can someone explain to me the differences between Fuchikomas and Tachikomas?

Are the Tachikomas between the 1st Gig and 2nd Gig any different?

363326[/snapback]

Tachikomas are the prototypes of the Fuchikomas.

Both S.A.C and 2nd Gig predate the manga and the movie.

The cherry blossom scene in the the first manga is played out in episode 26 of 2nd Gig.

The cherry blossom scene in the the first manga is played out in episode 26 of 2nd Gig.

363668[/snapback]

Uhh...I'm not too sure about that. There's several other scenes from the manga that crop up in the 2 seasons of SAC. My impression is that the tv series is yet another version of the story, seperate from both the movies and the manga.

363668[/snapback]

Uhh...I'm not too sure about that. There's several other scenes from the manga that crop up in the 2 seasons of SAC. My impression is that the tv series is yet another version of the story, seperate from both the movies and the manga.

363672[/snapback]

My thoughts are the events in SAC and 2nd gig were a prequel to show why the Major made the decision to join with the puppetmaster.

363668[/snapback]

363672[/snapback]

They probably borrowed some scenes from the manga or movies, but yes, the manga, movies and TV series are treated as 3 seperate worlds. This way, there's no problem with them stepping on each other's continuity.

I think that the manga, SAC, and the movies are seperate story lines, however the movie follows somewhat closely to the manga as we see in several chapters. Whereas Stand Alone Complex is what it's name implies.

Grrr, my Tachikoma's's are still for Jan restock at HLJ.

Edited by Spatula

That big pic up top is the tank from the first movie. It looks like a Wonderfest model. The gashaphon in question is or was available thru Yamato.

YHK333284%20Tank%20TN.jpg

It's part of this gashaphon set... Yamato page

I ended up getting this from Samurai Monkey (Rob)

tank.jpg

I have this fuchikoma model also... it came built, bought it from Goldenboy... trust MW to feed my addiction...

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/rv/fuchi.htm

fu_port.jpg

I keep hearing that the fuchikoma is a prototype of the tachikoma, but from what I see they're totally different. I would say Fuchis are the manga version of Shirow's intelligent tank and then the Tachikoma is the TV version. Unless they stated it in the anime, which I haven't finished, I haven't seen any proof that they exist in the same universe. Was there even any in GITS 2 comic book series? I gotta check I think I stopped paying attention during issue 3. I like GITS but I'm more an Appleseed fan.

But I haven't been on that site forever, Thats an insane diorama. That guy might as well do a live action movie or a stop motion animation short. it's amazing... thanks for bringing it back up.

And how exactly did you get the HAW206 from Rob? That's super interesting. Please tell me!

If I am correct, the 2nd GITS manga is Man-Machine Interface. I personally don't like it though; it's way to flashy for my tastes.

Edited by Spatula

And how exactly did you get the HAW206 from Rob?  That's super interesting.  Please tell me!

363876[/snapback]

Are you sure you wanna hear it? You ready for this exciting story???

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

He posted it, then I said... I'll buy it! :lol:

I keep hearing that the fuchikoma is a prototype of the tachikoma, but from what I see they're totally different.  I would say Fuchis are the manga version of Shirow's intelligent tank and then the Tachikoma is the TV version.  Unless they stated it in the anime, which I haven't finished, I haven't seen any proof that they exist in the same universe.  Was there even any in GITS 2 comic book series?  I gotta check I think I stopped paying attention during issue 3.  I like GITS but I'm more an Appleseed fan.

363871[/snapback]

I think you're right, they're called Fuchikoma's in the comics, Tachikoma's in the TV series.

So is this basically a scratch built kit? Or an actual kit?  I'm betting on the former.

Sorry dude, the suspense just killed me.  :rolleyes:

363882[/snapback]

LOL...

Sorry, getting back to this late. It's a resin kit Rob obtained from the Wonderfest.