What's Eating Your $ Besides Valks

max

I'm sure we all have mortgages, loans, car payments etc but I was just wondering what other hobbies besides Macross toys are keeping you from paying all that off in a timely responsible fashion.

haha. funny topic..

Macross toys is my other hobby to take $$ away from my real money pit: my Car. i thought. well ok. i spent quite a few bucks on my Z, so why not spend some money else where? so i resorted to macross toys, my first true toy obsession. But now i'm done collecting Macross toys, (the last one i was waiting for was the 1/48 GBP). i guess i'll be trying to find something else...

(i have 1/60 Strike VF1S, 1/60 GBP VF1J, 1/55 Super VF1S, 1/48 Strike VF1S, 1/48 GBP VF1J)

well. since we'll never operate a 1/1 scale Valkryie.. might as well operate a 1/1 scale 350z :)

hehe

reflection.jpg

If you look at my siggy, you know where all my money is going. :D Truth be told, I some of my money is going into other things. Yes a LARGE PORTION goes to Macross. Not in any particular order.

1. Savings. Need to buy a house soon.

2. HALO figures.

3. Xbox/GameCube/PC games and hardware.

4. Girlfriend.

5. Just recently Diecast Postage Stamp aircraft.

6. Transformers Takara reissues.

7. DVDs

8. Furniture

9. Robotech enemy Mecha.

I use to collect the 1/18 BBI stuff, GIJOEs, Comics, and SW figures. But those are done.

If you look at my siggy, you know where all my money is going. 

so... what are you going to do with 88 1/48 scale Valks?

you should make a stop motion movie or something.

you could have bought a new car with that money.

We went to Oklahoma and found 4 bedroom/3 baths/3 car garage houses for $210,000. up to 3,400 sq. ft. hee hee. ... but of course, lots of flat farm lands.

360861[/snapback]

Oh my god Where I live you can get a one room studio flat for more than that. A house of that size (without the land) would cost you well over a million $$.

Well I spend my money on in no particular order.

My pension

Going to Japan

My computers

My Bonsai Trees

My Golf Gti

Transformers (binaltech)

Music and dvd`s

going out (occasionally)

Trying to get a house, single person in the U.K yeah right!! When my parents die At least I will get theirs.

361005[/snapback]

I'd like to compare the appreciation/depreciation of 88 1/48 valks compared to a $10K car in about 5 to 10 years. :rolleyes:

well. since we'll never operate a 1/1 scale Valkryie.. might as well operate a 1/1 scale 350z

Oh schnikeys, don't do it! I blew soooo many thousands of dollars on cars and racing and tuning and I would kill to have all of that money back. The day I had my fire sale was the most liberating day of my life. "Hey, you there, you want a motor?"

Then again, if I gave myself this advice 7 years ago I probably would have told myself where to go shove it... ;)

Ah, everybody goes through phases, especially the car one. At some point in our lives we end up losing interest in whatever and move on to the next thing...

361005[/snapback]

Partial down payment on a house once combined with savings is more like it! :huh::o But a stop motion short of the 1/48s would be awesome! B))

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

And pre-school.

I've heard it's never too late to go back... but I gotta say from your writing here alone I think you could at least skip a couple grades. :lol:

:ph34r:

361123[/snapback]

Ah my writing here is good because my wife is a High School English teacher. In ~ 13 years hopefully I'll be in one of her classes.

Ah, what better way to answer this thread but with a breakdown of monthly expenses...

rent: $600

auto insurance: $200

gas: $200

cell: $50

multi-media

(cable, high speed internet, phone): $120

guinea pig supplies: $150

Being a member of Macross World-priceless....

Ah, what better way to answer this thread but with a breakdown of monthly expenses...

rent: $600

auto insurance: $200

gas: $200

cell: $50

multi-media

(cable, high speed internet, phone): $120

guinea pig supplies: $150

Being a member of Macross World-priceless....

361250[/snapback]

Guinea Pig supplies do you eat them or something. I know that you can buy them toasted in South America.

Well now I that I have to pay half for the house, I can't really buy more stuff. Well the other stuff that's eating my money is transformers, anime, designer toys, Marvel legends, Star wars, car parts, nike shoes, and video games. I'm trying sooo much to cut back as there's no more room for all my stuff. Oh well. Hopefully this year I can cut back on a lot. ;):D:p:lol:

I'd like to compare the appreciation/depreciation of 88 1/48 valks compared to a $10K car in about 5 to 10 years. :rolleyes:

361017[/snapback]

hahah.. i hope you're not wishing that a cute girl is going to come up to you and say "wow. your massive Macross collection is sooo hooott... what's your name?" cuz that's pretty sad.

My dogs, puppies need attention or they'll chew you out of house and socks and remote controls and shoe strings and ........... :blink:

Edited by Macross73

361017[/snapback]

hahah.. i hope you're not wishing that a cute girl is going to come up to you and say "wow. your massive Macross collection is sooo hooott... what's your name?" cuz that's pretty sad.

361491[/snapback]

Well, I have neither 88 valks nor a 350Z... so I'm jealous of both of you mofos :lol: .

To put things in perspective, most of my money goes to my mortgage and my 2 kids (2 months and 2.5 yrs).

Guinea Pig supplies do you eat them or something. I know that you can buy them toasted in South America.

361350[/snapback]

:(

361350[/snapback]

:(

361633[/snapback]

Sorry It was the way I read it. Guinea pigs are cool furry funny little fellows.

image_cavyfurrytummy.gif

Well I like em anyways couldnt eat one. Truth is If it has eyes Im not too keen on eating it. Even more so if its something I can keep as pets.

Edited by big F

361017[/snapback]

361491[/snapback]

Well, I have neither 88 valks nor a 350Z... so I'm jealous of both of you mofos :lol: .

To put things in perspective, most of my money goes to my mortgage and my 2 kids (2 months and 2.5 yrs).

361576[/snapback]

Well Ia mtrying to get a house... or a townhome.

Okay, after saving every week religiously for 12 years... I'm less than 2 months away from the completion of construction on my first home. Mortgage is still going to be higher than I really wanted. Taxes are pretty high up here too, especially in relation to the payscale....

House

Taxes

Groceries - kids eat a ton!

Airplane (my baby)

R/C planes (up to 9 now, and one helicopter which I'll probably never get enough nut to fly)

2 Kids

Speaking of RC choppers, I was in a hobby store the other day and one of the clerks literally flew this mini-electric around my head like it was nothing. I asked him to land it on me but he chickened out.

Well, you dont have to try if you sell your 1/48. Im sure the money from your 1/48 is good down payment. ;)

361017[/snapback]

361491[/snapback]

361576[/snapback]

Well Ia mtrying to get a house... or a townhome.

361782[/snapback]

well. since we'll never operate a 1/1 scale Valkryie.. might as well operate a 1/1 scale 350z :)

hehe

360999[/snapback]

Although I don't have a 350Z, I have started my 1/1 scale Transformers collection. Actually, due to the cost, I'm going to have to stop with Wheeljack. I think I'll stick to Macross. :)

post-1617-1137735633_thumb.jpg

post-1617-1137735748_thumb.jpg

This is easy:

1) 1/6 Figures. I have two now: Solid Snake MEDICOM, Kusanagi Motoko TAKARA

2) I just bought the Aliens dropship and ordered the APC along with it

3) Video games. Valkyrie Profile being the most expensive at over $120 USD.

4) Rent payments to mom. Jesus >_>.

5) 1/12 scale DIE CAST bike from AKIRA. About $100.

6) School Text books. College isn't cheap. Thank god my company is paying for tuition, but I pay for books. <_<

Yeah, so when the Xmas bill came in at over $1000, she went ape sh!t.

Edited by Spatula

Although I don't have a 350Z, I have started my 1/1 scale Transformers collection.  Actually, due to the cost, I'm going to have to stop with Wheeljack.  I think I'll stick to Macross. :)

362169[/snapback]

Niiiiice car there... :D