I checked some reviews on this Matty Collector Voltron. It looks like a lot of money for plastic with a lot of problems. I vaguely remember that the Toynami Voltron had many problems too. Honestly, I would be happy with non-transforming lions if they got the details right. There was a lot of magic going on with Voltron's transformation anyway. I remember parts disappearing and stuff during the transformation animation.

I checked some reviews on this Matty Collector Voltron. It looks like a lot of money for plastic with a lot of problems.
It's not so bad price-wise. Each lion is huge and detailed. The autotransform gimmick is really my only complaint...although it's a big complaint. The only things about the set that are obscenely overpriced are the pilots. The shipping was robbery as well since the shipments are staggered and we were charged each time, shooting the overall cost of Voltron much beyond what it could have (and should have) been.
I vaguely remember that the Toynami Voltron had many problems too.
Again, only one major problem with this one. The joints are too loose to support the weight of the die cast version. Not sure if the joints on the plastic one fared better. But the Toynami Voltron is a damn fine toy and boasts the most screen-accurate black lion I've ever seen. Edited by RD Blade

Yeah- it seems like everyone hates this guy- but it's actually fantastic, huge and the lions look good individually. The pilots are OK- nothing terrible. I think if this all came in one box at one time, people would have been pretty happy about it, but they had almost a year to inspect every paint rub and iffy production decision on each lion while they waited to 'form the head'.

This is one of those instances when I don't really 'get' why everyone is so mad. It's five lions that form a 2 foot tall Voltron. It has proportions that are quite similar to the Toynami version- the black lion especially.

• 3 months later...

I like how the vehicles group together for the teams. But I really hated that Voltron toy. I sold it a while back for a decent amount. It was always moving around because of the trucks. Really flimsy compared to the Lion Voltron.

• 3 months later...

On the fence with this guy... really want it.

I was skeptical too, until I watched the vid last night. Looks awesome, the transformation is nice and tight. Balanced, nothing seems to come off as flimsy. I dont know if Im a fan of the blue tint of the blade on the sword- but so far so good.

I have the original matchbox version. . I think this is by far a highly superior version.

I'll probably sell my original actually and put the money back into this guy.

Sucks you have to pay everything up front at RK. Guess I'll wait.

Edited by Gakken85

http://www.toyfreakz.com/shop/index.php?_a=product&product_id=495

10 bucks cheaper than robotkingdom.

I sold my vintage 80's Dairugger for $90 tonight. His chrome was pretty shot and missing a window.

So that'll make it about $189.This thing will probably be selling for $400 aftermarket.

Hell, it just looks fun as can be. I hope the QC is good on it.

Edited by Gakken85

http://www.toyfreakz.com/shop/index.php?_a=product&product_id=495

10 bucks cheaper than robotkingdom.

I sold my vintage 80's Dairugger for $90 tonight. His chrome was pretty shot and missing a window.

So that'll make it about $189.This thing will probably be selling for $400 aftermarket.

Hell, it just looks fun as can be. I hope the QC is good on it.

What did you search under. I cant find it.

Their pre-orders go up and down.. Something about their site.

Message the guy on Facebook and he'll respond:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toyfreakzcom/

He is also on the Robotjapan forums as toyfreakz. He said they are on the boat so they will have them in stock in about 10 days. Then shipping time in the states.

I paid up front.

Edited by Gakken85

Their pre-orders go up and down.. Something about their site.

Message the guy on Facebook and he'll respond:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toyfreakzcom/

He is also on the Robotjapan forums as toyfreakz. He said they are on the boat so they will have them in stock in about 10 days. Then shipping time in the states.

I paid up front.

Very much appreciated.

No worries, Good luck. I know the license lasped for MP and some other company bought the Voltron franchise (not Bandai). This will probably be the only MP voltron and the best Vehicle Voltron we'll ever see.

Gakken85, on 07 Jun 2013 - 16:20, said:

No worries, Good luck. I know the license lasped for MP and some other company bought the Voltron franchise (not Bandai). This will probably be the only MP voltron and the best Vehicle Voltron we'll ever see.

Hell Yeah!!! Now I just need a Lion Voltron to stand with it. I may go cheap and do the Trendmasters Voltron BBTS has for sale.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

I would hold off. I know some company is going big with him this year. Probably why BBTS is selling them on the cheap.

The new license holder is working on a Lion Force release, similar to the DX Mazinger. MP will be doing another WEP 80s anime robot - Space
Sheriff.
Edited by Gakken85

Why are the limiting it to two online retailers?

I'd get this if it were available from HLJ, Ami, or Hobbysearch.

Well, for one Japan really isn't in the loop on this. It was made in china and has a huge American audience.

For two the stock is fairly limited due to the weird licenses issues. Robotkingdom is the official distributor, as they are out of china.

They are allocating some stock for Toyfreakz and that's about all I know.

I imagine they will send some to Japan in the coming weeks.

WANT!!! So much want, when does this go on sale?

Now. Check the link further back in the thread.

They are on the boat to one distributor toyfreakz.com

I know it's 13 inches tall. I don't know how tall the toynami stuff is.

The old Matchbox one was 15 inches. haha. I know the old Voltron from Popy was shorter.

Here is a comparison picture to a GDX Gaiking which is about 18 inches.

1005967_171856449649189_1202667782_n.jpg

Edited by Gakken85