Wall Of Valkyries

max

On the old forums, before all the Yamato and Bandai reissues became available, there was a picture of a wall with original Bandai's and Takatoku's a few boxes deep. Must have been about 60 of them. Can someone post this picture?

I searched on the boards but couldn't locate it. I used to have it but my backup drive seized up(never by maxtor).

Also if you have a modern version of your own wall or fort of Valkyrie's in their boxes, please share.

Godzilla posted a few pics of a "wall of 1/48s" if IIRC.  Problem with those is their boxes are so fickin' huge you literally can build a fort out of them with only a small collection.

357974[/snapback]

Hope you're not saying that Godzilla's collection is small? :lol:

On the old forums, before all the Yamato and Bandai reissues became available, there was a picture of a wall with original Bandai's and Takatoku's a few boxes deep.  Must have been about 60 of them.  Can someone post this picture? 

I searched on the boards but couldn't locate it.  I used to have it but my backup drive seized up(never by maxtor).

Also if you have a modern version of your own wall or fort of Valkyrie's in their boxes, please share.

357962[/snapback]

Sounds like you're talking about Jerry Tsai's collection that used to be shown on VF-1X.com back in the day.

Since he (like so many) has disappeared off the face of the earth, and the site is no longer, I don't know where you would find it. Unless someone here downloaded it back then.

EXO thanks for the pic! As weird as this sounds, that is a beautiful wall of valks! I wonder how many rows deep each shelf is though.

As for the value today, sure it use to be worth more but if he bought them at cost or less, he'd still make a nice mint off of them IF he ever sold them.

Mechamaniac you mentioned there was an even larger collection , got pics?

I thought he sold everthing in that pic. I remember that he had posted that pic on his ebay auctions.

358065[/snapback]

I think your right sithlord. I remember seeing that pic in his auctions whoever he is. I remember Jerry Tsai's website and pics but don't remember anything really crazy. This wall of valks is the image I am refering to though. Thanks EXO

I don't know guys ... have you seen Sithlord's display cases?

Can you imagine if he had all those in their original boxes?

Sheesh.

And LORD KUNGFU, if your claim is true, then it'll be a gosh damn awe-inspiring and admirable loot ! Let's see that collection! :)

I don't know guys ... have you seen Sithlord's display cases?

Can you imagine if he had all those in their original boxes?

358169[/snapback]

As impressive as Sithlord's collection is, there's something about seeing them arranged against a wall still in there boxes. I think I love this picture because it's kinda what I imagine life would have been like had I grown up in Japan. Walk into a toys r us and see wall to wall valkyries. And then of course by them all. :D

Besides this picture was taken way before any of the reissues or yamatos were released so no one had more valks at the time. It was and still is a beautiful thing.

Hmmm...that seller ID sounds familar. If it is, then I have won a few items from him. That seller is from San Fran and there was an old store somewhere hiding that I did not even know about. Too bad I was in grade school at the time and no license to drive. :(

That pic was from ebay, the sellers first id was loshu93 I think. It used to show up here a lot, with the same replies of 'I wish I new where he lived' each time.

358181[/snapback]

• 4 weeks later...