Ve-1 Elintseeker Conversion Kits, 1/55

nightmareB4macross

What are you proposing as the conversion kit, considering you can still get the Elint seeker kit?

Any pictures?

348505[/snapback]

conversion kit would be the armor + parts required to convert a regular vf such as the wings, head, possibly the cockpit.

We all want it in 1/48, but I know there are people out there that would still love to have it in 1/55. :rolleyes:

The VE-1 ElintSeeker kit will entail as follows:

1. T-Connection Bridge from Radome to Boosters

2. Right Booster Antenna Node

3. Left Booster Antenna Node

4. Radome

5. Right Booster Left Half

6. Right Booster Right Half

7. Right Booster Tip

8. Right Booster Thruster Bell

9. Left Booster Left Half

10. Left Booster Right Half

11. Left Booster Tip

12. Left Booster Thruster Bell

13. Right Arm Electronic Equipment Left Half

14. Right Arm Electronic Equipment Right Half

15. Right Arm Electronic Equipment Arm Connection Point (I have to check is this is not part of the right or left half of this equipment.

16. Right Arm Electronic Equipment Rear Assembly

17. Head Rear Cover

18. Head Right Half

19. Head Left Half

20. Head Eye Sensor

21. Head To Neck Connector (located inside the head)

22. Neck To Shoulder Connector (this will ease swap of heads)

23. Right Leg Outer Fender

24. Left Leg Outer Fender

25. Top Right Leg Fender

26. Top Left Leg Fender

27. Right Leg Clip

28. Left Leg Clip

29-39 Left Arm Radar Attachment and Equipment (not sure of all the names of the pieces included here, but there are eleven in all).

40. Backpack

41. Right Wing

42. Left Wing

43. Cockpit Dual Seats

44. Heatshield

I will be dismantling my Elint and Armour (also the pieces I hope to receive soon) to ensure the number of pieces. The list shown above is merely from memory. Let's just hope my memory still serves me well.... :lol:

What are you proposing as the conversion kit, considering you can still get the Elint seeker kit?

Any pictures?

348505[/snapback]

conversion kit would be the armor + parts required to convert a regular vf such as the wings, head, possibly the cockpit.

348518[/snapback]

Your best bet would be a VF-1J reissue or a good ol' Jetfire. Either way this kit will work for both.

I would be interested in the kit if it was made for the 1/48 scale, I am willing to bet if you did make one for the 1/48, people would buy it. Take a poll, I am sure you will find people willing to pay the money for it.

I would be interested in the kit if it was made for the 1/48 scale, I am willing to bet if you did make one for the 1/48, people would buy it. Take a poll, I am sure you will find people willing to pay the money for it.

348564[/snapback]

It's not that easy, NB4M is talking about recasting and you're talking about a scratchbuild.

Also, whenever a scratchbuild kit is actually made not as much people really do want to pay for the kit and you'll find people complaining about the price. It's like there's no understanding about the work that goes into scratchbuilding it and the work that goes into the hours and material recasting it. It's hard to balance the fact that you want to be a nice guy and share your talent with the boards and actually making time to that kind of stuff.

you know me Alex. Im in it. Will they be casted in a similar color to te original?

348606[/snapback]

I think color would not be in option. It's too difficult to maintain color consistency of something this large.

348614[/snapback]

lazy bum!

:p

what I am saying is that, if a kit was made, I would pay for the kit, I thank the people on this forum who have the talent to give us these kits and would pay them for their work. I am sure there are a few people who would back me on this.

what I am saying is that, if a kit was made, I would pay for the kit, I thank the people on this forum who have the talent to give us these kits and would pay them for their work. I am sure there are a few people who would back me on this.

348638[/snapback]

in that case, it's almost a guarantee that if Yamato doesn't come out with this, some here will make it. I was just thrown off that you were trying to make NB4M switch his project, or that what it seemed like on your post.

EXO, no problem bro, we are all one big happy family on this forum, who knows maybe we both can help guage interest on some 1/48 scale conversions, like the following:

1. VEF-1R

2. VE-1

3. VT-1

I figure since the capt was nice enough to offer the VF-1D conversion, than maybe those who have bought more than one kit might be interested in some type of conversion to make the the kits. I looked at the 1/72 Catseye radome, and it looks like it could be made to scale on the 1/48 kit fo rthe VEF-1R or VE-1.

I remeber seeing a SOG group armor for a hase 1/72 kit, who knows maybe we could get it made as a add on for the 1/48, anyone have a picture of it?

I figure if enough people show interest, someone might one to make a kit.

even though some folks show an interest in a 1/48th conversion kit, i think that there in lies the problem - a 1/48th just doesnt exist (yet).

NMB4M list of parts making a 1/55 is an intricate job even with something to work from.

I like the 1/55s thy're easy to modify (for me anyway) compared to the 1/48s and the price of an original VE1 is getting higher and higher.

so why not take this oppportunity to get a kit . its the closest many of us are going to get to an original VE1 1/55.

the 1/48th Vf-1 i have gotten are great but my 1/55 are plentiful and much more suitable for modification.

for those that want one i think this is the time to get one.

EXO, no problem bro, we are all one big happy family on this forum, who knows maybe we both can help guage interest on some 1/48 scale conversions, like the following:

1. VEF-1R

2. VE-1

3. VT-1

I figure since the capt was nice enough to offer the VF-1D conversion, than maybe those who have bought more than one kit might be interested in some type of conversion to make the the kits.  I looked at the 1/72 Catseye radome, and it looks like it could be made to scale on the 1/48 kit fo rthe VEF-1R or VE-1.

I remeber seeing a SOG group armor for a hase 1/72 kit, who knows maybe we could get it made as a add on for the 1/48, anyone have a picture of it?

I figure if enough people show interest, someone might one to make a kit.

348802[/snapback]

I agree, but I'd have to suggest a seperate thread for that. It's just sidetracks what NB4M is trying to get done here. Honestly I'm more interested in a 1/48 VE and VT but let's not steal anyone's thread.

Here's some other threads you can go to:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ndpost&p=258387

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ndpost&p=201187

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ndpost&p=183266

Thanks EXO, for bringing us back on topic. This thread is to guage interest ONLY FOR 1/55 VE-1 ELINTSEEKER CONVERSION KITS.

On another note, I will hopefully have the rest of the original VE-1 parts in hand next week.

;)

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I'd be interested in some parts if possible. I'd happily take as many of the arm attach points that don't come out nice enough to sell with a conversion kit plus a couple nice ones. I have some dastardly and horrific ideas for them but I'm not risking the resin kit I have and won't recst them myself till I get a seeker of my own.

Thanks EXO, for bringing us back on topic. This thread is to guage interest ONLY FOR 1/55 VT-1 ELINTSEEKER CONVERSION KITS.

On another note, I will hopefully have the rest of the original VT-1 parts in hand next week.

;)

349061[/snapback]

you mean VE-1. VT-1 is ostrich.

That's what I said. Just take a look at my edited post. :p

I should have the parts in hand this weekend.

Thanks EXO, for bringing us back on topic. This thread is to guage interest ONLY FOR 1/55 VT-1 ELINTSEEKER CONVERSION KITS.

On another note, I will hopefully have the rest of the original VT-1 parts in hand next week.

;)

349061[/snapback]

you mean VE-1. VT-1 is ostrich.

350628[/snapback]

I would be interested but the price is pretty high. Sounds like there's a whole buttload of pieces that would go into this and that it would be quite big, but for that price... A tad high for me. It's great that you're considerig this for folks though.

I would be interested but the price is pretty high.  Sounds like there's a whole buttload of pieces that would go into this and that it would be quite big, but for that price...  A tad high for me.  It's great that you're considerig this for folks though.

350709[/snapback]

Well the way I see it is that it’s going to be a long process and it takes time to do it the right way. I have seen and done some mold and it’s not really easy like some would say. If you want a great product it will cost you. Price is determined by the time you spend on just putting the part on the clay and making sure that you don't miss any important thing, plus you also have to see how much its going to cost for material. I as a buyer I would rather pay a little more for a great item then pay a hell of money for junk. Just my opinion on this matter

I don't doubt a word you say, but considering what 140$ can buy you today, it just seemed high. I am sure the project will be quality and I know it's gonna take a helluva lot of work, and a decent amount of material to produce. I've just never seen a recast project that costed so much before.

Not jackin with anyone, for sure.

Relative to the cost of obtaining an actual 1/55 VE-1, it's definitely a bargain, I was just sort of blown away by the initial figure.

:Dat

I would be interested but the price is pretty high.  Sounds like there's a whole buttload of pieces that would go into this and that it would be quite big, but for that price...  A tad high for me.   It's great that you're considerig this for folks though.

350709[/snapback]

Well the way I see it is that it’s going to be a long process and it takes time to do it the right way. I have seen and done some mold and it’s not really easy like some would say. If you want a great product it will cost you. Price is determined by the time you spend on just putting the part on the clay and making sure that you don't miss any important thing, plus you also have to see how much its going to cost for material. I as a buyer I would rather pay a little more for a great item then pay a hell of money for junk. Just my opinion on this matter

350717[/snapback]