1/72 VF-4 Resin Kit

Valk009

Good to hear that people are stating to get their kits and are happy with them. This is my friends first venture into mass recasting and hope to improve on the next product, so any comments are welcome :p

Mine just arrived today... a sweet little pre-Christmas gift for myself! :D The fine detail on the panel lining just blows me away! Clean, sharp casting all around. My only criticism would be that some of the pieces are really super-thin, especially the strakes (or fins, or whatever you want to call them) on the rear underside of the engine nacelles. I'm quite concerned about the fragility of them, since they are so exposed. If anyone can offer some tips about the best way to build up some thin resin pieces, please do.

All in all, though, really superb work. If this is the quality we can expect from future projects, then <cheesy quote> we will watch your career with great interest </cheesy quote>. :lol:

Got mine today !

Small box with evrything nicely packed. Very professionnal.

Great casting, no doubt. Decals are very nice and very thin with no visible glue.

Nice to have a master for the canopy ! hehe B))

My only reserve goes to the metal parts since I could do without the missiles, and the front landing gear will need some work (main gear is ok). Plus, the parts that are molded directly on a resin sheet : turbine details + other small stuff that will be difficult to remove from the thick sheet of resin.

Overall I'm a very happy camper, money well spent, no doubt. Now it's time to stop buying and start building ;)

Picked mine up today from the PO. Very nice work. I would echo a couple of the above comments about the small parts on the resin sheet. Those are going to be hellish to get off. What I would like to add

1. - A decal placment guide would be helpful along with some color sugestions

2. - While I like the cast parts really only the landing gear needs to be metal. I think the missles would have been better in resin.

3. - Make the wheels seperate from the LG. A bit easier to paint that way.

Other than that I think it looks great. Hope to see more in the future.

Thanks much!

Great work Anthony, this VF-4 is so beautiful! I can´t wait to begin with mine.

After examining the kit a bit further, I found the main "pitfall" seems to be the nose/ main fuselage-connection, at least in my copy there is a 1mm step in height between the parts. I assume this comes from the pressure applied to the molds during the casting process. The nose mold is split vertically while the body mold is split horizontally - if you press them together the nose tends to get slightly higher than the master part and the body part will be slightly flattened. I know these issues quite well but I also haven´t found out how to prevent it. After all, this is nothing that cannot be cured with sandpaper and putty!

The other thing I have to "critize" (don´t get me wrong I LOVE the kit!) is the inconsistent panel line work on the main fuselage - the lines are not very symmetrical and the right/left "exhaust" engravings at the rear do not line up properly. Well I guess the sculptor of the Musasiya original is to blame for this... on the other hand, I don´t mind this slightly "handmade" look ( I know very well how hard if not impossible it is to get everything perfectly symmetrical!) - this is not a mass produced item but an incredible piece of work done by hand, and the overall proportions couldn´t have been captured in a better way.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow great work anthonyk, this thing is so beautiful! The paint work, the panel lines, shading, everything is just spot-on!

I´d like to start on mine at once but there´s a Ghost waiting on my workbench and he says he wants to be finished first!

Edited by honneamise

Wow ! Me like it m,me like it :D It makes me dig out the VF-4G and start working on it again. The last time I did some sanding work was way back electric Indigo finished his Michel Bay Lightning III . Think I gonna put bigger tarps on mine . It looks way better than the ones from M-Club. But first I have to clean my bench from 144 scale jets. Theres a whole bunch of them camping on the cutting mat. Ooh,almost forgot. Bigger pics!

I just got mine today and Im amazed it came this fast all the way from HK!

The kit itself is so well done, well casted , no bubbles and very little flash.

The parts fit together so well Id say its Hasegawa quality.

Im so happy with this kit, it was money well spent.

If youre sitting on the fence and if there any left, get one!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...