Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam A New Translation

F360°

UPDATE: 12/13/05

a fansub version of the movie is finally out :lol: thanks to the guys at Tv-Nihon

you can get it here http://www.tvnihon.com/

enjoy

:lol::lol::lol::)

old news, been there, done that

So did anyone checked out the new Zeta Gundam movie yet, what do you think.,,

I haven't seen it yet, so I can't say much,, but I'm getting it right now so maybe in a few hours..... :)

Since most of you are Zeta fans, and we are in short of good mecha anime right now, I have a little treat for you guys,, I found a BT link to the RAW of the movie,, the Moive is not yet licence in the USA so it should be ok , right? if not, then mods please delete this post.. :(

To my knowledge this is a DVD rip raw,, but I can't be sure since I didn't finish downloading it yet,,..But I'll let you know once I finish.. :)

update,, Finish downloading/looks like a DVD rip to me,, now I just need to find the a sub for it.

update,, it's not a dvd rip but a TV-rip from the Bandai Channel, but the quality of the rip is very very good, because it's encode down to around 700mb even if it were a dvd rip the image quality will be around the same.

Link removed for that just incase/gray reason....just pm me for the link

Edited by F360°

since this is a raw.,., no subbing,, no dubbing....

I remember as long as it's not license then it's kinda ok right???

the people here normally would buy the dvd if they ever release at their region anyways..

perhaps I should remove the link and just PM it whoever ask me? ;)

Edited by F360°

Can you PM the link to me? There is a raw floating out there right now. It's a TV-rip from the Bandai Channel. The DVD doesn't come out till 10/28 (Friday).

339568[/snapback]

Hate to break it to all of you but this is indeed the TV-rip from the Bandai Channel. This is not the DVD. The lower right-hand corner has the BC logo.

Edited by azrael

Can you PM the link to me? There is a raw floating out there right now. It's a TV-rip from the Bandai Channel. The DVD doesn't come out till 10/28 (Friday).

339568[/snapback]

Hate to break it to all of you but this is indeed the TV-rip from the Bandai Channel. This is not the DVD. The lower right-hand corner has the BC logo.

339665[/snapback]

yeah it's a very good tv-rip with quality compareable to dvd rips at the 700mb size. :) so it's still good . I really thought it was a dvd rip <_< .

While I LOVE Zeta Gundam and really wanna see th is TV rip, I'd REALLY love to see a subtitled version come out :p

Cause there is NO CHANCE IN HELL I'll pay over 60 dollars with shipping for a DVD unless its got a limited edition model stuck to it.

whats the difference between the TV version and Movie version? also how is the video and sound quality? i thought about getting it.

chris

You know, the odd thing is, after watching it at home the old animation looks better than I remembered. In the theater it was all so grainy, then just when I'd gotten used to it enough to forget it they switch to something new and it'd disappear, only to come back with the next scene.

Oddly enough, on my TV it didn't seem bad at all...

Now if I could just ditch the scene in the lounge after Kamille's parents are killed. I know they must have wanted to show him as still a child, but his shaking and what not comes off the wrong way to me. If I could "fix" on scene, that would be it.

On the other hand, if I could fix anything, I do a total streamlining of the story and ditch some of the TITANS characters (even though they were important in the TV show, yes, I'm looking at you Lila Milla Rira, Plus I'd rather have skipped the whole Rosamia angle and just had Four take over her spot from begining to end... oh well) so that it doesn't play so much as a recap episode and more as a movie.

Edited by LePoseur

TV version is ripped directly from a bandai channel broadcast before the DVD release of the film. DVD version will be higher quality audio & video (if they bother to do a DVD rip before all 3 films are out that is).

Video & sound quality are pretty good, not DVD good, but very good fansub quality (i.e. good VHS copy quality).

I thought I had found the link but who ever was tracking it dropped it pretty quickly, just told me there's no tracker, and shut down.

340282[/snapback]

Check you pm , I just send you the link for the torrent.

I just rechecked the torrent file and the tracker is still up and running. I also see a bunch of peers and seeds. Perhaps you can try using another torrent program. I'm using Bitcomet and it's working great nearlly all torrent files.

Saw a collection of screencaps... I'm still not too pleased with how it looks, the new character animation never appealed to me much. Gotta admit the mecha look great now, though :)

Found the torrent a month ago, but my firewall hates BT, so that was out of the question

Don't think I'll be investing in it unless it comes to R1 :ph34r: (don't know how likely THAT is... but what the hey)

Edited by haro genki

Yep tried it, every link I find gives me the same stupid error message no matter what link or torrent downloading program, its all the same...I even tried getting rid of some of the files except for the movie itself, still same message.....

Oh well, I'm sure someone will sub it eventually.

Sadly it took me this long to finally watch my copy, but I was surprisingly impressed. After watching the SEED movies, and being incredibly dissapointed by the rushed feeling of those, and watching the Turn A movies, and while enjoying those a lot more, still feeling there should have been 3 instead of 2, I really really liked what they did with this first Zeta movie.

While it still doesn't flow as well as the 0079 movie trilogy (and by rights there's no reason why that one should have come out as well as it did, but wow), I didn't feel at all gyped like I did with the SEED movies, and the changes brought more than a few nice surprises. The MK II as expected looks incredibly sweet, hell, I even found myself wowing at the fight with Rosamia & the Gaplant. Emma's new design is perfect, and for the most part the TV animation doesn't look too bad compared. mind you it's still very different, but not so differeent as to suck you out of the movie. The only scene that looks terrible are some shots of Camille in the cockpit when he's fighting with his father. Strangly enough, that was also the only scene that I thought was meshed sloppily, as

the AEUG comes off a bit too lax in letting him dissappear into the bathroom when he arrives with Emma, then completely losing track of him until he pops up to steal a Rick Dias.

Whlie it could have definately benefitted by being either an hour longer, or being completely new animation, Tomino has again shown us that he's light years above anyone else trying to handle the Gundam.

Edited by Keith

• 4 weeks later...
I got a hold of the TV series from a friend. Should i watch the TV 1s before the movie?

352207[/snapback]

If you want all the character drama and a non-shortened story, then watch the TV series first. If you want a condensed version of the story, watch the movie. Like the change between SDFM and DYRL? or Escaflowne TV vs. movie, Zeta movie tells the same story as the TV series, only with lots of shortcuts. So either one is fine.

I got a hold of the TV series from a friend. Should i watch the TV 1s before the movie?

352207[/snapback]

Since this movie takes places around ep 1-14 of the TV series so you don't really need to watch the Whole tv series first, just eps 1-14.

But since they also did a couple of changes in the movie, I'll say watching either one first is just as good. But then if you want the most details then you should watch the tv eps first.