Orginial Mina the Moon Rabbit Girl video from 1983

ogami

Most of us already seen this vid. But before i download this, what is the file in the zip? I have a low quality .rm and would like a higher quality one.

Actually I think Mina was around since Daicon 3.

Most of us already seen this vid. But before i download this, what is the file in the zip? I have a low quality .rm and would like a higher quality one.

Actually I think Mina was around since Daicon 3.

337869[/snapback]

I have no idea... :lol:

The file from the link is 10MB... not bad quality.

I don't know where to get higher quality.

Just on the border of your waking mind...there lies another time...

Where darkness and light are one

And as you tread the hall of sanity...you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond

I have a message from another time!

I loved oldskool 80s animation, music, and effects. Sigh, Gainax was so good back then.

But yeah, all that I've ever seen is low quality tape versions which is too be expected. 30MB AVI is all I have right now.

What song was that they used for the theme? It sounded like George Harrison almost...

Where do you get "Mina the Moon Rabbit Girl" from? I only see onnanoko written on Gainax's design sheets.

Mina the Moon Rabbit Girl => the female anime character in Japanese Drama, Densha Otoko, Opening theme

The clip shows where Mina the Moon Rabbit Girl from the Opening theme comes from... Very Otaku-ish, Very kuso, a must watch for Densha Otoko's fans.

http://kumasan.free.fr/Daicon4.zip

Even Marcoss is in this video.  :lol:

337860[/snapback]

Always will and always have thought of the 80's as the prime golden age for Anime...it was nitty gritty, chalked full of detail, great and popular music from groups you don't hear anymore, and the stories felt fresh and new.

I miss the 80's.

The song was Twilight by Electric Light Orchestra. It's off their album, Time.

338742[/snapback]

Cool song. I actually have it as an mp3 file somewhere on my hard drive. And I like the video. However, if someone does manage to get this thing, how about uploading a high quality version for us slackers to have.

Edit: I found that song. If any of you want it, send me a message. It includes that opening theme speech.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

IIRC, that's about as good as it gets, unless you have that LD. I remember reading that the original master copy is/was in rough shape.

Hmm...seems I have a 70 meg .avi version of this file. The sound is really clear to boot. It has the Daicon III "recap", Daicon IV, Daicon III, and the little Daicon IV "making of" vid with ELO's "Hold On Tight".

It was the Daicon IV animation that really got me into anime AND ELO at the same time. Ah, the memories.

The song was Twilight by Electric Light Orchestra. It's off their album, Time.

338742[/snapback]

Cool song. I actually have it as an mp3 file somewhere on my hard drive. And I like the video. However, if someone does manage to get this thing, how about uploading a high quality version for us slackers to have.

Edit: I found that song. If any of you want it, send me a message. It includes that opening theme speech.

339151[/snapback]

Ask and you will receive. ;)

Available only for 7 days from this date.

HQ as requested, 11MB taken from densha otoko sound track. Enjoy. :)

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZSRQ4D...VA0W0NA2MUPOIVM

Oh, change the extension from .bak to .mp3.

Edited by wolfx

Available only for 7 days from this date.

HQ as requested, 11MB taken from densha otoko sound track. Enjoy. :)

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZSRQ4D...VA0W0NA2MUPOIVM

Oh, change the extension from .bak to .mp3.

339193[/snapback]

I'm sorry. I meant the movie itself. I already have the song. Should have cleared that up...

Cool, thanks a lot wolfx!

This is the first time I've ever seen this vid. I have seen an animated gif of the bit where she's lightsaber dueling vader though.

I have to say it was freaking sweet. You just don't seen anything of that caliber anymore.

I also liked how they managed to fit everything in there. Yes I mean everything.

Very very cool stuff, thanks for the links.

Cool, thanks a lot wolfx!

This is the first time I've ever seen this vid. I have seen an animated gif of the bit where she's lightsaber dueling vader though.

I have to say it was freaking sweet.  You just don't seen anything of that caliber anymore.

I also liked how they managed to fit everything in there.  Yes I mean everything.

Very very cool stuff, thanks for the links.

339407[/snapback]

I used to have a really high quality video file of it, but I can't find it. It's a lot of fun to watch frame by frame. They threw a lot of stuff in there that you miss at full speed.

Honestly, if you were to do a historical perspective of anime, the 80's would probably be in the silver age. I'd probably place the golden age in the late sixties through the mid to late seventies (I'm not sure if I'd choose Yamato or Gundam as the switching point).

Yes, I realize that people are using "golden age" to mean "when my favorite stuff was made," but it'd still be an interesting study.

339193[/snapback]

Thanks, WolfX. :)

thanks for the mp3, I lost my copy awhile back, hmm, should look for other songs, I love early 80s - I don't even know what to call this genre. Synth New Wave?

339620[/snapback]

ELO, IIRC, was actually very late '70s prog rock...I'm not sure they were part of the New Wave scene.

thanks for the mp3, I lost my copy awhile back, hmm, should look for other songs, I love early 80s - I don't even know what to call this genre. Synth New Wave?

339620[/snapback]

ELO, IIRC, was actually very late '70s prog rock...I'm not sure they were part of the New Wave scene.

339639[/snapback]

They were originally lumped in with the new wave of disco that was coming out at the end of the 70's. Which is why I thought they were kind of gay when I was a kid, but now that I'm older I like the stuff and it makes me yearn for those days.

I wonder does the group (if they're still around) still get royalty today since Densha Otoko is using their song or has it gone into the "free" domain?

339681[/snapback]

I'm sure they get a royalty.

The reason why the DaiCon video has yet to be released since the LD is that they don't have permission to use the song. Which is why the video file on Hideaki Anno's website doesn't have any sound...

Lots of info on the DaiCon videos: http://www.cjas.org/~leng/daicon.htm

339620[/snapback]

339639[/snapback]

Pat is right, ELO is generally considered prog rock/pop rock. They had a few disco tinged songs, but I would never stick 'em in with groups like The Bee Gees or KC and the Sunshine Band.

TIME is awesome, btw. It's ELO's big time travel sci-fi concept album and really stands out from their other records.

Here's the Wikipedia entry for ELO--->CLICKY

And here's Amazon's spot for TIME--->CLICKY

Noriko Takaya is Macross World's biggest Gunbuster fan....I consider myself to be Macross World's biggest ELO fan. :p

rm file... booo.... can't stand real player and all the crap they install behind your back.

oh wells.

339731[/snapback]

Get Real Alternative. It has all the codecs to play all the RM file, but does it through Windows Media Player Classic.

339872[/snapback]

Sounds good! thanks for the tip! :)

rm file... booo.... can't stand real player and all the crap they install behind your back.

oh wells.

339731[/snapback]

Get Real Alternative. It has all the codecs to play all the RM file, but does it through Windows Media Player Classic.

339872[/snapback]

Indeed, that's pretty much the only way to go.

Wow, I just watched the opening animation for the Daicon III, and I really dig this stuff. They're just so out there. Is there any more? Or did they only do this for III and IV?