Peter Jackson to exec produce HALO movie

Peter Jackson needs to buy himself some pants.

Give. The. Shorts. A. Rest.

334200[/snapback]

The video blogs I've seen from the set of Kong show a properly attired Jackson, sans shorts. I'm betting that when he dropped all those pounds, he had to go shopping for new clothes, and somebody gave him your exact advice. :lol:

WHo is Andy Serkis?

334212[/snapback]

he did all the movement (motion capture) and voice for Gollum in LOTR and I believe that he did the motion capture for King Kong as well.

chris

WHo is Andy Serkis?

334212[/snapback]

he did all the movement (motion capture) and voice for Gollum in LOTR and I believe that he did the motion capture for King Kong as well.

chris

334223[/snapback]

He was also the normal version of Gollum at the very beginning of Return of the King.

How on earth can that be interesting?

334198[/snapback]

Well until Arnold drops the Governator schtick and makes a new movie, we need something to talk about.

334213[/snapback]

Exelent point.

WHo is Andy Serkis?

334212[/snapback]

chris

334223[/snapback]

He was also the normal version of Gollum at the very beginning of Return of the King.

334233[/snapback]

I am not sure but i think he also did the main robot from I Robot as well.

Ugh, an all CG masterchief, no thanks, give me a guy in a well made costume anyday over that.

334238[/snapback]

Would a non-CG Master Chief even be worth watching? We never see his face anyway and the way CG is now today they could maybe pull it off. Why limit his badassness by using a real person.

Unless the whole movie is CG, ala FInal Fantasy I do not care for all CG characters. TO me they just look too fake, especially when they are interacting with a real flesh and blood person. Besides have you seen some of the armor that fans have made, it looks great imagine what a studio with a budget could do. Myself I will in most circumstances always prefer a guy in a suit as appossed to an all CG character.

Whoa, I think the universe just exploded.

Someone with talent...attached to a video game feature film? Never thought I'd see the day. Naturally, I'll reserve judgement for the end result (as always), but I wouldn't be me if I didn't have concerns :)

Well, I'm very happy with the news. Unlike so many pre-production announcements, this gives me hope as a enthusiastic fan of the Halo games. News like this sure beats watching the hideous Uwe Boll/Paul W.S. Anderson juggernaught roll over every good science fiction franchise, leaving tomato paste and mentally violated fans.

I don't own an Xbox, so never played Halo. But isn't it just some guy in armor running around shooting aliens and jumping in and out of the occasional wheeled vehicle? Is there actually enough story to base a movie on?

Secondly, isn't that Andy Serkis guy a little skinny fellow? I thought this Masterchielf was supposed to be a big hulking marine?

Graham

yea Andy is alittle guy, but he did the motion capture for King Kong who looks huge, if they go the special effect rought for the main character they may have him do all of it. he is appearently quite good in front of the camera in the motion capture suit and has a good talent for bringing these type of characters to life, and he seems to like working with peter jackson on all of his films, so they may have him back for this. as for Halo the game i believe it had a pretty decent storyline. if done right it may turn out as a ok film, i mean heck it cannot be any worst the the other video game movies out there right...right? :unsure: (please somebody agree with me on this one....)

Chris

Edited by zeo-mare

...as for Halo the game i believe it had a pretty decent storyline. if done right it may turn out as a ok film, i mean heck it cannot be any worst the the other video game movies out there right...right? :unsure: (please somebody agree with me on this one....)

Chris

334346[/snapback]

Don't worry it wont be so bad. Hell if it has Peter Jackson then we'll be ok. Besides we already have this to hold the title of "worst vg movie in human history". So we're good.

...as for Halo the game i believe it had a pretty decent storyline. if done right it may turn out as a ok film, i mean heck it cannot be any worst the the other video game movies out there right...right? :unsure: (please somebody agree with me on this one....)

Chris

334346[/snapback]

Don't worry it wont be so bad. Hell if it has Peter Jackson then we'll be ok. Besides we already have this to hold the title of "worst vg movie in human history". So we're good.

334362[/snapback]

sadly Doom is coming out and it looks like it might take the award from HOTD for worst game movie ever :ph34r:

I don't own an Xbox, so never played Halo. But isn't it just some guy in armor running around shooting aliens and jumping in and out of the occasional wheeled vehicle? Is there actually enough story to base a movie on?

Secondly, isn't that Andy Serkis guy a little skinny fellow? I thought this Masterchielf was supposed to be a big hulking marine?

Graham

334331[/snapback]

Halo actually has a pretty decent storyline. I've only read the Fall of Reach novel which leads into the first Halo game and it was pretty good. I'd say if they have the author of the novels and the story writers of the game actually helping with the screenplay then the movie, at least storywise, should be in pretty good shape.

Halo 2's story was pretty good as well I felt. To be honest I'd actually rather watch the game being played and see how things play out then get frustrated at times due to there being no cheats to get you past some of the harder parts of the games. That's really my main beef about the games in general. As a result I don't even know how Halo 2 ends(not enough weapon and ammo drops for my taste to get through things).

I'm still skepitcal, and for good reason, we've yet to have a good video game based movie. Though I right now I see this as nothing more than watch Master Chief run around and blow stuff up. Sure it has a decent story for an FPS, but it's no Metal Gear Solid, or Final Fantasy.

Personaly if I had to see a FPS based movie, I'd rather see a Killzone movie.

Oh by the way, I consider myself a Halo fan...

Graham

334331[/snapback]

The Halo games have quite a good story, background, and plenty of personalities to fill out a film; especially a sci-fi action flick. Let me put it this way; compared to Doom's story, Halo looks like Lord of the Rings.

Andy Serkis is not at all that thin, though he wouldn't fill the role of a 7 foot tall super soldier. Regardless, I doubt he's being considered in anyway for a live action role as the MC.

Actually, the Master Chief isn't all that massive, especially as depicted in the sequel. He's got height and a full build, but taking into account room for the armor, he can't be Zangief inside that suit. The casting director would do well to just cast someone with an average build, but plenty of height.

I still remember Turok, :) do you guys remember XO Man of War or Magnus Robot Fighter :p how about Solar Man of the Atom :ph34r:

I'll reserve judgement. Just the fact that PJ's involved still doesn't impress me. I just wish Andy Serkis would get more real roles instead of just playing motion captor (his gay ass role in that stupid Jen Garner movie "13 Going on 30" don't count as work).

I'm most excited about Alex Garland writing the script. 28 Days Later was great and so was (the book, not the film!! ) The Beach.

The Halo games have quite a good story, background, and plenty of personalities to fill out a film; especially a sci-fi action flick.  Let me put it this way; compared to Doom's story, Halo looks like Lord of the Rings.

Actually, the Master Chief isn't all that massive, especially as depicted in the sequel.  He's got height and a full build, but taking into account room for the armor, he can't be Zangief inside that suit.

Have to concur on the both parts. While playing Halo, you actually wind up thinking 'This would've made a great movie.' given the storyline, the pacing, and the key action sequences. It's actually very good storytelling, particularly for a somewhat mindless first person shooter. Still, even though you're thinking it would've made a great movie (as would've the two 'book end' novels that tell the before/after story), when you think about a movie based on the game, you're almost left with a 'why?' and 'I'd rather play the second half of Halo 2...I mean, Halo 3!' :p .

And, yeah, given how ridiculously lean the armor was in Halo 2, Master Chief has to actually be one of those somewhat scrawny, 100% muscle, no body fat type guys to have fit in that (which I suppose does make sense....).

I'll also have to agree with those saying no full-time CGI MC. Throw a live body with a decent look costume and it'll feel much more real...a full CGI MC might as well be in a full CGI movie...in which case, just give me another game. Look at Robocop....cheesy as hell and the mobility of an 80 year old man, but he's still cool. You can CGI up the MC for when he's leaping from vehicle to vehicle, but you need that real life one to interact with people. When the marines look up at him in awe and reverence, it'll be easier if they can see the costume and not just somebody in a blue body suit.

*snip*

I'll also have to agree with those saying no full-time CGI MC. Throw a live body with a decent look costume and it'll feel much more real...a full CGI MC might as well be in a full CGI movie...in which case, just give me another game. Look at Robocop....cheesy as hell and the mobility of an 80 year old man, but he's still cool. You can CGI up the MC for when he's leaping from vehicle to vehicle, but you need that real life one to interact with people. When the marines look up at him in awe and reverence, it'll be easier if they can see the costume and not just somebody in a blue body suit.

334460[/snapback]

I don't see any problem with a setup ala Spider-Man or Star Wars Jango Fett. Use a properly cast actor in a suit for most of the film, complimented with a well done CGI model for some of the special circumstances/action shots. Worked beautifully in both films as far as I'm concerned.

Producing a movie means nothing. I don't see anything anyone could get excited over here. He isn't writing it, he isn't directing it.

334461[/snapback]

Well, at the risk of giving A1 more press...

No Uwe Boll/Paul W.S. Anderson = Possibility of Good Movie

:)

Producing a movie means nothing. I don't see anything anyone could get excited over here. He isn't writing it, he isn't directing it.

334461[/snapback]

Well, at the risk of giving A1 more press...

No Uwe Boll/Paul W.S. Anderson = Possibility of Good Movie

:)

334468[/snapback]

I aim to inspire.