Can we ban someone...

Knight26

Just curious, as there is a member on the boards, who has been harassing me online for the past several months, and who just spent the night insulting and harassing me over IM. He found me because of the boards and therefore automatically assumes I want to chat with him at all times, is there anyway that we can use these offboard activities to ban him, I have the chat logs.

What is done outside the board is your problem.

As stated, use the ignore feature let it be. However, if this user harasses you via the board, (PMs, threads, etc....), then please let the mods know.

Best policy is to ignore and block messages, which is a feature of both e-mail and online messaging systems. You can also block user here on MW if need be.

I can't imagine the staff here taking action against a member for activities outside the MacrossWorld website. It's not really their mandate. I can imagine an arbitration is the best you could hope for, if the staff even want to bother.

I'm not unsympathetic, as I've been the victim of some serious online intrusions. If it persists to the point where you have to take some serious action to once again protect your PC, talk to your ISP. They can offer a number of very effective solutions to safeguard your identity and IP addy.

was it me?

I forget things sometimes :rolleyes:

wait... I don't use IM for a reason so it couldn't have been me. If you wan't a bunch of

V.ersitle

I.ngenious

R.eputible

U.tility

S.ervice tools

I can send you a cd and you can get back proper... You will have to open the cd though :rolleyes:

I haven't had a virus problem is years, mind you I am also usually pretty selective in who I IM, especially if they want to send me files. Anyhow, this topic can be closed I have taken care of the problem.