MGS 4 : Guns of the Patriots

wolfx

Yay. Finished Act 2. Now to start 3. Can't believe you guys have time to sit and hammer this game to the end in about four days or so.

I channeled the spirit of my teenage self, and missed a lot of sleep :)

My game ID is hal--9000, any word on that clan?

The only hard part is going to be using the in game tools to draw the SMS insignia. I wish it let you port regular images in, but I'll take a shot at it tomorrow.

I set up MGO, my character name is ZETA, but I can't seem to play it :( every time I log on, i get "connection unstable" then the game quits. Not sure if its too many people playing or just my internet connection sucks. I don't have problems playing other games like resistance and lost planet.

So finished Act 3, forgot I could use a tranq gun until this Act. Predictable what happened at the end though. Took about ~6hrs to finish(8pm-2am). Onto Act 4...on Thursday.

First time playing through the game i forgot all about the tranq gun too, i was too busy using cqc to knock enemies out and having fun with the P90.

I set up MGO, my character name is ZETA, but I can't seem to play it :( every time I log on, i get "connection unstable" then the game quits. Not sure if its too many people playing or just my internet connection sucks. I don't have problems playing other games like resistance and lost planet.

Try a system update maybe?

It did that to me once.

Just took care of Ragin Raven (put her to sleep first, then cured her anger) and finished act 3.

MAN, IS THIS SUCH A GREAT GAME!!! The story just got me by my balls. I've been surprised throu most of the story and have enjoyed it a lot as well.

Still, I'm definitely not going rush style. I'm playing 1 act a day, putting people to sleep to get more items and then killing them on the spot with a head shot. I haven't really played stealth, specially the first act, in which I kept running around shootouts to grab as many weapons as possible (u know, more DPs). :D

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

I managed to get on-line for 5 minutes today, before the game disconnected :(. In those five minutes I started beating someone up with CQC, then realised he's on the same team, :lol::blink: I think i should do the training first. :lol: :lol:

For online, it's retarded that you can cqc your own team. This one game a person on my team kept choking me and another guy unconscious, leaving us easy prey for the enemy to pick off :angry:

Yeah, I'm sure they'll add the "boot player' option soon enough.

Nah just get a good connection and visit sms skull team

Ha yeah SMS Skull Team takes in anybody who has the urge to kill, even if it's their own teammates. Oh btw had fun with you guys last night, even if we all did kinda bad :lol: .

First time playing through the game i forgot all about the tranq gun too, i was too busy using cqc to knock enemies out and having fun with the P90.

Yeah the tranq gun is really fun to use IMO but it is often overlooked... But remember if you wanna get all the secrets you have to play on BB hard without any kills, alerts and in under 5 hours. You also have to kill the bosses with tranqs too! Quite a feat to pull off if you ask me. IMO not really worth it as all you get are some masks, secret weapons, outfits and a few secret items... If you dont feel like getting everything you can see all the secrets on gametrailers.com they have videos up already...

but how fun to use is the tranq gun? :)

So far a good number of us have joined up into a clan, but I've been on a severe suck streak the past couple days. Hopefully I'll get out of the funk.

IMO not really worth it as all you get are some masks, secret weapons, outfits and a few secret items... If you dont feel like getting everything you can see all the secrets on gametrailers.com they have videos up already...

I managed to get all the masks of the B & B ladies and drebin, I wonder if there are mask for everyone, from sunny to otacon........ I bought every single weapon available too, not sure about any secret ones though. I've not tried wearing any of the masks, but maybe they give you specail abilities like in mgs 3 with the camouflage.

I managed to get all the masks of the B & B ladies and drebin, I wonder if there are mask for everyone, from sunny to otacon........ I bought every single weapon available too, not sure about any secret ones though. I've not tried wearing any of the masks, but maybe they give you specail abilities like in mgs 3 with the camouflage.

As of act 4, I've tranq'd every B&B (Mantis' the only one left), mostly using the Mosin Nagant (sp?) when in Beast mode, then with the tranq pistol. I noticed that if you use the Mosin Nagant, each shot takes almots a quarter of the B&B's psyque. So, 5 shots and you're done. :)

I'll the stealth way on the replay. I've already killed too many and been seen too much, anyway. :)

Fun trick, if you use normal weapons to destroy the BB's exoskeleton then tranq their human forms you still get a mask. Ive unlocked all the masks except Drebin and Big Boss, bought the Musket (worth the money to buy it if you have it), and unlocked the assassins disguise. I'm thinking about getting the sun gun on my next playthrough but that means tranqing the BB's beast mode and finding some silly dolls. Only 1 mask gives you a special ability, Big Boss's. When a soldier looks at the Big Boss face he screams in terror. Another trick, if you use the Otacon mask during chapter 3 with the civ disguise the guards wont shoot or even look twice at you. This is because Otacons face isn't on the grid like snakes is (I haven't tried it wath Campbell but I expect the result is the same).

Edited by dizman

Fun trick, if you use normal weapons to destroy the BB's exoskeleton then tranq their human forms you still get a mask. Ive unlocked all the masks except Drebin and Big Boss, bought the Musket (worth the money to buy it if you have it), and unlocked the assassins disguise. I'm thinking about getting the sun gun on my next playthrough but that means tranqing the BB's beast mode and finding some silly dolls. Only 1 mask gives you a special ability, Big Boss's. When a soldier looks at the Big Boss face he screams in terror. Another trick, if you use the Otacon mask during chapter 3 with the civ disguise the guards wont shoot or even look twice at you. This is because Otacons face isn't on the grid like snakes is (I haven't tried it wath Campbell but I expect the result is the same).

With Laughing Beauty's mask, I know the guy you follow will follow you if he sees you, falling in love and trying to pick you up. It was pretty funny. With the Otacon disguise, I was still spotted by the guards simply walking near them though on Act 3.

I asked to join the SMS Skull Team clan today, the game name is "Twich" Did get a chance to join any battles, as the wife came home. Look forward to getting into the online game, I am barely into the single player story...just left Meryl and Co in first act.

Twich

Yeah, I'm sure they'll add the "boot player' option soon enough.

I think they already do, even though not too sure how it works. Cause one time I accidentally shot dead a teammate (the guy got little life left while caught inbetween me and an enemy crossing fire), then I keep getting a red flashing "Boot Player" on my screen while I play. Not sure what it does really, but yeah, don't kill your own teammates. :lol:

So how you joint the clan? I tried to use the player search to look up some of you guys names, but the search failed all the time, so gave up after a few tries. Do I just need to look up the game ID names or the clan name, and not the PS3 user name added to my friend list too? I am still in single player just finished Act 2. But would love to join you guys after I am done beating the game and get better at the controls.

I asked to join the SMS Skull Team clan today, the game name is "Twich" Did get a chance to join any battles, as the wife came home. Look forward to getting into the online game, I am barely into the single player story...just left Meryl and Co in first act.

Twich

Suedo massive ear infection, so I've been sleeping tonight until just now. I'll get you added in the morning though.

Before you choose a lobby select clans and then search for sms skull team. Thats odd Gaijin, it worked for me on big boss hard even. Maybe you had a weapon equipped or something.

I wonder if the beauties bodies will be unlockable camo's at some pont too, perhaps under passwords, or extra's downloads. Kinda hard to pass as a woman with snake's muscle bound body.

I how

Snake has more than a passing resemblance to Gilliam Seed with his civ camo & young face camo. That, combined with the Mrk II, and Madnar, all give me a bit more hope of a Snatcher remake/re-release. Besides, if Kojima is in ending wrap up mode right now, he left a big gapping open ending at the end of Snatcher that needs to be addressed. i.e. the assault of Russia.

Edited by Keith

Thanks Keith, I look forward to the time that I can play with you all. I have to say that I have absolutely no complaints so far about the game, I just wish I had more time to play it, but pregnant wife comes first....

Twich

Before you choose a lobby select clans and then search for sms skull team. Thats odd Gaijin, it worked for me on big boss hard even. Maybe you had a weapon equipped or something.

Nope, I just tried it again last night. They immediately go to alert mode at seeing him. Never tried Raiden's face

You can also get raiden with visor, raiden without visor, colonel campbell (mission 1 briefing), otacon, and I think you have the rest. Just drive the Mk. II during briefings and run into people to get the masks. Colonel campbell is only in Act I briefing.