MGS 4 : Guns of the Patriots

wolfx

If I got the 80gb bundle coming out, whould anyone be interested in buying off the game from me? I'm wondering how much I could get for it, not really interested in starting into a whole nother series, I wonder if I can get anything close to retail. Doubt I could trade it to Gamestop for a decent rate.

You should be linched for even suggesting selling off MGS 4 without playingi t!

I know. Its the game that most people bought the PS3 for LOL. Sell it $10 cheaper than retail on ebay. It should be gone within a couple hours.

You should be linched for even suggesting selling off MGS 4 without playingi t!

Says the Macross 7 fan. :p I'm proud of the fact I'm down to 3 games I own I haven't played yet. Seeing as I'm hoping to start the Ninja Gaiden series up again, and that new Fatal Frame game comming too, I'm not in a rush to enter in a new series. I just want the PS3 right now for my home theature setup and for games alittle later. If I can sell or return something I'm not going to use all the better for the bottom line.

I strongly reccomend to all Metal Gear fans - if you don't want to be spoiled, stay off the internet. There are people going around and posting spoilers in every single Metal Gear-related topic, regardless of the risk of getting banned.

I strongly reccomend to all Metal Gear fans - if you don't want to be spoiled, stay off the internet. There are people going around and posting spoilers in every single Metal Gear-related topic, regardless of the risk of getting banned.

In that case, keep this thread spoiler free please! At least we can have a place if we want fellow Macross fans to team up for some online play.

dude when I get metal gear im not even gonna look at any threads regarding MGS 4 until ive completed the entire game... theres nothing worse then seeing a spoiler for something youve been waiting years to find out.

Says the Macross 7 fan. :p I'm proud of the fact I'm down to 3 games I own I haven't played yet. Seeing as I'm hoping to start the Ninja Gaiden series up again, and that new Fatal Frame game comming too, I'm not in a rush to enter in a new series. I just want the PS3 right now for my home theature setup and for games alittle later. If I can sell or return something I'm not going to use all the better for the bottom line.

Oh come on, one blu-ray case couldn't possibly take up that much space... BOMBA!

dude when I get metal gear im not even gonna look at any threads regarding MGS 4 until ive completed the entire game... theres nothing worse then seeing a spoiler for something youve been waiting years to find out.

I've read a lot of the spoilers now, and I'm pretty satisfied if what's going around is actually true. Only thing I've seen that I don't like is a pretty bad review of the blue-tooth headset. Hopefully that's a fluke, as I'd hate to see Koji-pro supporting substandard hardware.

I've seen mixed reveiws about the headset, a good one from IGN and a bad one from some other random guy. Also I've been hearing the headset will be on sale at best buy on the 12th for around $40 so don't buy it from gamestop if you are still getting it. Finally gamestop has released a list of which stores will have a midnight release of MGS4 (the store I ordered from isnt so no stayin up for me :lol:<_< ) http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/mgs4/MG...ht.pdf?affid=33

Edited by dizman

Personally, I love spoilers. So I read EVERY spoiler thread out there. I practically played the game already. Doesn't ruin my experience at all. It's like having your cake and eating it too!

Picked up my copy tonight, installed, went into MGO, and someone snagged "Keith," damnit! I am now know "Keith Zet," since some bastard stole my name, I'll hunt them down & headshot them for satisfaction!

So I went and got my Limited MGS4 edition this morning. It came with a pretty neat Old Snake figure that's nice :lol:

And so here are some first impressions about 6 hours of gameplay, just starting up Act II (Not plot spoilers, juste thoughts about the gameplay)

Well it kicks major ass. There thats it :lol:

(Well that would pretty much sums it up but...)

Graphically it looks pretty much awesome. Granted there are some poor texture here and there, and a bit of aliasing at times, but for the most time it is pretty much awesome (the character models are nothing short of breathtaking). There are some little framerate drop when there is a LOT of action on screen, but for the most it's very smotth. On a side note they also really manage to bring really seamless transition between gameplay and cutscenes this time, which is pretty neat.

In term of gameplay it's just as great. Admitingly there's nothing really revolutionnary here - it's actually very reminiscent of Snake Eater, focusing mostly on camouflage, with the Octocamo essentially replacing the uniforms. Everything however feels more streamlined and enhanced, notably in term of UI (it's pretty much an enhanced version of the MGS3 Subsistance UI) and the ability to actually move & al in first person view is a *most* welcome addition (I ain't too fond of the "gears of war" view they offer personally so I prefer shooting in FPS like the other MGS). It'd say in term of gameplay it's pretty much to MGS3, what MGS2 was to the original game.

I also play it in "Big Boss Hard" so it can gets a bit challenging, but not frustrating. IMO, Metal Gears games just tend to be way too easy in Normal.

The whole "urban war" aspect is freaking awesome as well - the atmosphere is great, and it feels very different from the other episodes. Hell I dunno how it will unfold for the next chapters, but thus far I must admit i've done more shooting thant sneaking. It's not that sneaking ain't possible, but with a war going on around you it's hard to resist fighting in it, espacially since there is some great interaction with the allied Militias.

On a side note kudos to David Hayter - he's as great as ever - and the way he act the old and tired Snake... is just awesome

Not much to say about the plot, it's great but so far introductionary.

And on a small minor environment spoiler

It's amazing how much the environment of Act 2 contrast with Act 1 - after the yellowish middle-east urban areas - you get in a greener more jungle atmosphere, it almost feels like MGS3

B)) If the other environment offer teh same variety it's gonna be awesome.

So anyway, it feels like a great MGS. More later.

-Sergorn

6 minutes remaining for the install. Funny you get to watch him smoke a cig while you wait.

I got the headset too. I have to charge it for 8 hours. It that kid size headset or do I have big ears?

Well, i finally can justify buying my PS3. :lol:

It really is a great game. It is similar to the rest of the series, but brings so much more to the table. The story and characters feel more epic than previous installments. With many different locations and pretty much every live character from previous games, this game seems like the perfect ending to the series. (lol, i'm still not even close to finishing it, though)

Anyone watch the Blu-Ray that comes with the LE, yet? I was scare to because it supposidly has spoilers.