1/48 VF-1D conversion kit inquiry.

captain america

Close-up of the canopy. It's relatively clear when I cast without a release-agent, but a bit soft, and needs to be post-cured just like the high-strength polymer. This is the part that's slowing me down the most, as I'm going to be redoing the canopy molds relatively often. However, I WILL post here in this thread the names of those whose orders have shipped. The first salvo will be going out by late next week. Stay tuned.

post-632-1129139592_thumb.jpg

Hi Fulcy.

Actually, both versions come with a clear canopy; that's simply a must.

The difference is actually as follows:

-Vanilla kit: canopy and eye lens molded clear; all other parts in white.

-Color kit: clear canopy, clear green eyepiece, body parts molded in beige, orange, and brown.

336086[/snapback]

Well, that was assumed in my post ;)

Though, shouldn't all the kits come with a green tinted eyepiece?

Hi Fulcy.

Actually, both versions come with a clear canopy; that's simply a must.

The difference is actually as follows:

-Vanilla kit: canopy and eye lens molded clear; all other parts in white.

-Color kit: clear canopy, clear green eyepiece, body parts molded in beige, orange, and brown.

336086[/snapback]

Well, that was assumed in my post ;)

Though, shouldn't all the kits come with a green tinted eyepiece?

336099[/snapback]

The Vanilla kits come with just a clear eye-piece. It's a relatively easy part to paint, and allows for different color variations for those who may want to customize their 1D beyone the regular green.

Damn, I received your e-mail but I have to wait until I get paid on Friday (14 Oct 05) to send the Paypal payment. I would like to change my order from the vanilla set to the color kit if it's not too much trouble. I am in no big hurry to receive the kit so the delay does not bother me as long as I know you can reserve a kit for me. I will still send the payment on Friday regardless if I end up having to wait for the kit. Thanks for this great offer!

Cap, how does the second seat work with a pilot fig?. Someone pointed out that it looks a little short. Does a pilot fig fit back there?.

Yeah all good with passenger Cap? :p

And EXO where's my Minmay? :lol:

336195[/snapback]

The rear seat size is nearly identical to that of the front, with some slight modification to the bottom, as there's still a screw collar in the footwell( a vestige from the 1J). A pilot figure should fit without too many problems. If anything, the backseater's feet may need to be trimmed a tad.