FFVII: AC

Akilae

The only problem was that they spent alot of time and money rendered out the scenes already, so "big boss" said slap them together and sell it as a movie. From there they spend all the time rendering out all the scenes to "connect" the other scenes together as smoothy as possibly as you can tell the story got "butched" (I guess they needed more time).

It's an important lesson: never render before the storyboard's done, and never give the video priority over the story. It would end up like FF7:AC rather than The Incredibles.

Yeah, fan service through and through, but really nice fanservice. I like the not-trying-too-hard-to-look-like-real-people designs, it gives it a bit more reality, but still should feel video gamey I guess? Keeps it semi-realistic but still suspension of disbelief during the fights.

I'll definately get the score, especially for 2 pieces: Cloud's Smile (they played this at the Dear Friends concert) and the Bahamut battle - full choir, orchestral rock and then Aerith's Theme on solo violin....ahhhh

Have any screencaps come up on sites yet? Haven't gotten the hang of capping from my computer and I really want some of these as backgrounds...

The only problem was that they spent alot of time and money rendered out the scenes already, so "big boss" said slap them together and sell it as a movie. From there they spend all the time rendering out all the scenes to "connect" the other scenes together as smoothy as possibly as you can tell the story got "butched" (I guess they needed more time).

It's an important lesson: never render before the storyboard's done, and never give the video priority over the story. It would end up like FF7:AC rather than The Incredibles.

331360[/snapback]

Actually, is this a fact or still an unconfirmed rumour? Was FFVII AC born from CG cinematics from a supposed scrapped remake/sequel to FFVII? I wouldn't be surprised if it was though. <_<

Edited by wolfx

331360[/snapback]

Actually, is this a fact or still an unconfirmed rumour? Was FFVII AC born from CG cinematics from a supposed scrapped remake/sequel to FFVII? I wouldn't be surprised if it was though. <_<

331501[/snapback]

I would highly doubt that FFVII AC was born from CG cinematics in FFVII since a remake is on the way, it would probaly be the other way around like the FFVII remake would grab CG scenes from FFVII AC it makes alot more sense.

When is the sountrack supposed to come out, all I can find are samples.

331499[/snapback]

9/28 in Japan, no word yet on a US release, but you can bet it'll be torrented by Wed nite...which samples have you found? I've heard that a couple of the tracks are out for download somewhere....

I would highly doubt that FFVII AC was born from CG cinematics in FFVII since a remake is on the way

331502[/snapback]

Um, no, it isn't.

Speaking to EGM Square-Enix have reportedly denied ideas of a Final Fantasy VII remake for the Playstation3, suggesting that to match the quality of the E3 tech-demo would require a team of at least 300 members and likely take in excess of five years to create!

A glimmer of hope stems from Tetsuya Nomura Director Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, who claims that it could be an interesting proposition but there’s simply too much in the pipeline at present.

So for the moment it looks as though Final Fantasy XIII will arrive on the Playstation3 far sooner then a FFVII remake.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/PS3_Fi...8320_4852_0.htm

Tiamat is like the anti-bahamut. He is the fiend of the wind in FFI and makes damned few appearances after that. Where Bahamut is the guardian of light, Tiamat is the messenger of the dark.

I looked at the FF8 guide and it said that Tiamat was good till Ultemcia changed Tiamat from good to evil, and thats what made him a boss.

I would highly doubt that FFVII AC was born from CG cinematics in FFVII since a remake is on the way

331502[/snapback]

No it isnt.

331502[/snapback]

I ment by scene to scene CG, the scenes yah they tookem and remade it, but on some when Cloud put Aries in the water is probaly the only one :huh: . I think. My words never come out right just that I know that FFVII AC consists of many flashbacks from FFVII which are remade in the movie. My friend the other day saw AC and wanted to spoil the movie badly for me which he nearly did..But since SE is working on so many projects at the same time, its no wonder a FFVII remake would take long. Like Kingdom Hearts 2, FFXI, FFXIII, and other new games. I think if SE had less projects to do, the FFVII remake would easier. And most of thier money is coming from FFXI Online making money off a few million players(Like me <_< ). Ya think SE is working too hard?(Um whats up with the quoting?)

Edited by Dean

Dean, Tiamat has been an evil force since the original game. His presence in the Final Fantasy canon long predates that of Ultimecia. That said, I suppose it really doesn't matter how Tiamat became the evil force that he is, just so long as it's noted that he is the "yang" to Bahamut's "Yin".

Also, Square-Enix has gone to great lengths since E3 to cry off any notion that they're re-vamping FFVII and re-releasing it. Quite honestly they don't have a need to at the moment. They're releasing two games and one OVA related to FFVII (the game about the turks, the game about Vincent, and the OVA about the adventures of Zack before he died). I wish they'd let it die already, as I've been dying to see if FF12 is going to be any good... it had better be, they keep pushing it back.

331502[/snapback]

I ment by scene to scene CG, the scenes yah they tookem and remade it, but on some when Cloud put Aries in the water is probaly the only one :huh: . I think. My words never come out right just that I know that FFVII AC consists of many flashbacks from FFVII which are remade in the movie. My friend the other day saw AC and wanted to spoil the movie badly for me which he nearly did..But since SE is working on so many projects at the same time, its no wonder a FFVII remake would take long. Like Kingdom Hearts 2, FFXI, FFXIII, and other new games. I think if SE had less projects to do, the FFVII remake would easier. And most of thier money is coming from FFXI Online making money off a few million players(Like me <_< ). Ya think SE is working too hard?(Um whats up with the quoting?)

331557[/snapback]

Hey Dean, I know you’re a big SE fanboy, but telling us that SE’s product quality is bad due to fact that they have too many projects on their plate doesn’t help them at all. Basically you’re telling me that SE’s management is really bad. One of the key responsible for managers/producers is to make sure their teams do not “bite off more than they can chewâ€.

Also where the heck did you get millions of user on FFXI? @_@;; FFXI hasn’t even reached 1 million world wide yet (last year they just started turning profit when they reached 500K users). And it didn’t help that Sony screwed them with the PS2 slim (no HD support), I wonder if SE will move all their resources to the PC and 360 version (meaning will the PS2 users get new content next year? Time will tell)

Please see an old chart for numbers (July 05)

As of Sept 05, WoW has over 4 million+ users worldwide.

post-405-1127756344_thumb.gif

Hmmm...watched it for the second time, and still like it a lot. Several things actually got a bit more clear the second viewing, and I actually like the story. They did left some parts and details not too clarified, like the origins of Kadaj & Co., but just kind of make sense overall in terms of their motives & actions. In a FF world, I don't thing everything needs to be explained too literally. Otherwise, just try explaining how a Bahamut materialize from the sky out of nothing, or why so many humans have super human abilities without particular reasons. :p

I wish they fixed some timing on some of the fight animation though. As cool as they are, some shots feel like they defy gravity or sped up too much, while on the next shot, characters move more normal again with more weight(motion capture). Feel kind of like the inconsistency found in the first Spiderman movie's CG. And yeah, that scene Kadaj fearing to fall is kind of weird. :D

I think this is a great movie. Not perfect, but something I enjoyed very much. And not just cool fights. Some of the emotional scenes are nicely done too, regardless how many years since I beat the FF7 game. Brings back a bit of tingling feeling at a few moments. Good stuff! This DVD is for keeps. And the action figures are very nice by the way.

I never said SEs management was bad. They use alot of thier network resources at one time they had over a million users log thats alot. And when 360 comes out everyone is able to play on the same servers with seperate systems so nothing is realy changed accept the new expansion that is coming out. FFXI is a completely harder game than WoW, WoW has everything nearly like FFXI but 12x easier. FFXI is a great game here Im a player on it. Anyways back to topic I have never seen AC yet I realy would like to see it sometime alot of my friends have.

Edited by Dean

I have the limited edition and it works fine on my Philip DVD 642 and on my Xbox

anybody get the japaneseDVD?  how come in won't play in my regionless dvd player?

I have the d/l but I'd much rather watch the movie on my big TV.

332951[/snapback]

I just got finish watching Final Fantasy AC one word "AWESOME"!! Is it me or did I hear Final Fantasy X music on some scenes? If you like the game then you'll like the movie. I want a Cloud and Fenrir figure set, awesome bike lots of swords.

I have the limited edition and it works fine on my Philip DVD 642 and on my Xbox
anybody get the japaneseDVD?  how come in won't play in my regionless dvd player?

I have the d/l but I'd much rather watch the movie on my big TV.

332951[/snapback]

332973[/snapback]

are those region free players? I dont' understand why mine doesn't play...did I get a bad copy?

Hey, I just downloaded the AonE version of Advent Children and it seems to be encoded in H.264 codec. Does anyone know what codec pack I can download to get this movie working with Windows Media Player or DIVX Player?

I looked around and could only find codec executables that aren't associated with a viewer and are run from command line.

Thanks!

Edited by Seven

Just use some shareware program like Bearshare and search them up ;) most codecs and decoders cant be found for free on the net. Oh and Enternal D if ya got a Graphics Card with a TV option to uplink it to the TV that is your best bet since up to date cards have them, oh and did ya d/l a DVD Image and just put the image on the DVD plainly? Well if you didnt get some DVD Image burning program, Nero 6 works great with that.

Edited by Dean

Hey, I just downloaded the AonE version of Advent Children and it seems to be encoded in H.264 codec.  Does anyone know what codec pack I can download to get this movie working with Windows Media Player or DIVX Player?

You are referring to the AonE 1.4 GB version? The filename says it's XviD.

Hey, I just downloaded the AonE version of Advent Children and it seems to be encoded in H.264 codec.  Does anyone know what codec pack I can download to get this movie working with Windows Media Player or DIVX Player?

You are referring to the AonE 1.4 GB version? The filename says it's XviD.

333298[/snapback]

The one I have has a filename that says H264 AC3 and not XViD.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently watched AC today and oh my god it left me speechless those fight scenes were well coreographed. Its realy cool I loved every part even the Sephiroth between Cloud was awesome how Cloud just owned him with his sword spliting and just attacking Sephiroth. It left me with alot of questions though, who was that wolf, whats the water supposed to be from life stream? And all those scenes that have to do with Aries I dont get it, when he defeats Bahamut Aries image shows when Cloud goes through the sphere? The last part too when Aries and Zack leave the church, what the water supposed to be life stream? I dont get it when they leave the church where do they go and why how come they where thier? What about them though...Aries has alot to do in the story I know it, but Zack who killed him? What happened to Zack too.... I dont get any of this someone point out some answers the movie? Its just cool :) and sad :( .

I recently watched AC today and oh my god it left me speechless those fight scenes were well coreographed. Its realy cool I loved every part even the Sephiroth between Cloud was awesome how Cloud just owned him with his sword spliting and just attacking Sephiroth. It left me with alot of questions though, who was that wolf, whats the water supposed to be from life stream? And all those scenes that have to do with Aries I dont get it, when he defeats Bahamut Aries image shows when Cloud goes through the sphere? The last part too when Aries and Zack leave the church, what the water supposed to be life stream? I dont get it when they leave the church where do they go and why how come they where thier? What about them though...Aries has alot to do in the story I know it, but Zack who killed him? What happened to Zack too.... I dont get any of this someone point out some answers the movie? Its just cool :) and sad :( .

335708[/snapback]

The black wolf is a metaphor for Cloud's self-imposed sense of lonliness. How can you not understand Aerith's constant interludes? They're trying to show that she's still an active part of the life-stream and that she still resides within Cloud's conscience. It all comes down to divine intervention, and if you don't understand that, I don't know how else to explain it. The water is yet another metaphor... this time for spiritual healing. In many religions (Christianity probably being chief amongst them), water is seen as the ultimate form of spiritual clensing (this is what happens when someone is baptized... just like Denzel was at the end of the film). That's why it healed the geostigma and Kadaj, an entity of pure evil, was repulsed by it. When Aerith and Zack appear at the end of the film, that's just part of the way the writer showed that Cloud was able to let go and "live in the now" with his friends. This is used in movies on a constant basis. This certainly makes it the most ironic Final Fantasy... Cloud believes he is on his own through the whole affair practically when his friends are practically throwing themselves in harm's way to help him. I always thought he was a retard for this... and Aerith played along the whole time

Aerith: "You'll be ok now, right?"

Cloud: "Yeah, I'm not alone anymore"

me: "YOU STUPID@SS FANNY-BANDIT!!! YOU NEVER WERE!!!"

Zack has his own anime that tells his story.

My God... you just caused me to "geek out" about my least favorite final fantasy. I'm gonna go smash my balls flat with a large rubber mallet now. <_<

Edited by Skull Leader

Yeah, Vincent could shape-shift, but I don't see any indications that it was him (he rather transformed into a kind of werewolf more than anything). Vincent told Cloud in the ancient forest that he had been busy keeping an eye on Kadaj and his gang. He even mentioned going out to save Tseng and Elena from the northern crater.

.... so I guess it COULD be Vincent, but it seems to me that he would've been awfully busy. What's more, the wolf appeared next to cloud after he "died"... and since none of the other living companions appeared in this other state-of-being, I don't know if Vincent would've been able to be there or not.

Tha black wolf was his shoulder decoration come to life. It was going to pee on Cloud's face.

The water from the lifestream was special water. It had that special placebo effect of making people think it would cure them, and their feeble easily controlled minds made it so.

Aeris kept showing up because she was a whore that kept tryig to pull Cloud's head out of his ass(flower seeling girl indeed, just like a match-box selling girl), and Cloud was obsessed with her and wanted to shaft her, but always regretted not doing so because of his angsty loserness.

The reason Cloud sees Aeris when he goes through "the sphere" dun-dun-dun, is because of the highly hallucinogenic properties that the sphere has. Try breathing sphere air and you'll start tripping out. Amongst the likely things you'll see are dancing moogles, inbred-retarded chocobos, dead people that don't know they're dead, that girl you always wanted to have sex with but got stabbed by a guy with a long sword, and your gay lover that made you bend over (who looks like a jrock guy).

And the real reason Cloud keeps seeing Aeris and Zack...

HE'S A FREAKING PSYCHOPATH MAN!!! He's going to turn into Sephiroth! He'll turn into a bundle of self-hate and then he'll kill his closest friends, go search for Jenova's disembodied head (to commit necrophilia with), and then go on a rampage killing all the humans on the planet before Red XIII leaps up and tears his jugular veins open, then humps his dead body to make sure he's dead.

Of all of these for-fun explanations, the only one that I am serious about is the wolf peeing on Cloud.... No just joking! :lol: The one I am serious about is Cloud being psychotic. He keeps seeing dead people and hearing them talk to him.:p

It's kinda hard to take what the wolf symbolised. The wolf in various cultures means difference things so it's really hard to tell what the writers meant with it's usage. For myself since the wolf nearly always showned up after a Cloud sequence I got the impression that it was his past following him. But I also got the impression that the wolf was closely tied to Aerith and the Lifestream.

Of course it could symbolise his growing realization that he isn't alone, which frankly makes the most sense.

And Aerith/the Lifestream played along because we all saw just what the brute force method did for Tifa.

*still misses Tifa's old outfit*

Well I picked up a fan sub over the weekend and finally got to see it...twice. I have to say I am real happy with the movie. Every single action sequance had to be viewed a couple of times to really absorb and appriciate how bad ass it was done! Cloud Strife continues to be my favorite of the FF series heroes. The story while not to some as captivating as the game was not too bad imo as far as sequals go.

Every fan of the game, who spent 99+ hours playing, grinding, breeding, racing chocobos just to get Knights of the Round had to happy with all the suttle reminders of the game. Sadly we didn't see any chocobos, but the motorcycles more then made up for their absence!

I thought Tifa was great, and her fight scene was just too sweet, the piano music a throw back to the battle midi from the game. The cel phone ring at the end was priceless! Good to see that materia was still around, although I thought it would have been cool to see its properties better defined. In other words the fire, ice and lightning attacks they provided in game.

Vincent stole the show in both helping Cloud in his fight then later against Bahamut. Which was just fracking too much! That scrap was awesome! Eye candy overload!!!! :blink:

As I said the story was not "epic" but moved along well enough to the climax in which we all knew would be a rematch between Cloud and Sephiroth. I'd have to say the characters that I had hoped played a big role in fact did. The Turks...loved them in the game and was real glad to see them in the movie, along with Rufus who again proved he's an evil mofo when he wants to be...to anyone he doesn't want to help.

I give the movie a 5 out of 5 stars...this movie is a true representation of what Final Fantasy is all about, regardless if you played FF7 or not. It obliderates the crap Square released with "Spirits Within".

Hmmm...watched it for the second time, and still like it a lot. Several things actually got a bit more clear the second viewing, and I actually like the story. They did left some parts and details not too clarified, like the origins of Kadaj & Co., but just kind of make sense overall in terms of their motives & actions. In a FF world, I don't thing everything needs to be explained too literally. Otherwise, just try explaining how a Bahamut materialize from the sky out of nothing, or why so many humans have super human abilities without particular reasons.  :p

332066[/snapback]

If you played the game, you would know that the materia is what gives you the ability to summon. They hinted towards it when they stole Cloud's materia and said how it would increase their powers.

I do agree, a little more about Kadaj & his gang would be cool...far as we know they are kinda like Sephiroth clones, or "larva" in Kadaj's case.

Edited by Zor Primus

The story while not to some as captivating as the game was not too bad imo as far as sequals go.

335796[/snapback]

It's amazing how stratified opinions on this movie can be. Some people actually saw a story to it, while others saw nothing but mindless eye-candy with some occasionally catchy dialogue (like myself...I'm particularly fond of what Sephiroth said to Cloud: "Tell me what's the most important thing to you, Cloud... will you give me the pleasure of taking that away from you?" or something like that), but there was no substance or development... here we have three new badguys showing up with no explination of their origin, only that they're tied to Jenova and Sephiroth somehow. Finally claiming "ultimate revenge on the planet", they do their damnedest to have a "reunion" with their mother (Jenova) that will somehow bring about the end of the world. It's not hard for someone who's played and beat FFVII to theorize that they were somehow born of Jenova while the lifestream was battling the meteor or another convenient time. However, to anyone who hadn't played FFVII (and more power to those lucky souls), they'd be pretty much clueless.

Geostigma I could understand: it was the vehicle for showing that Genova's influence on the lifestream had made things impure. That was the ONE concept introduced in the movie that was explained reasonably well.

Edited by Skull Leader

While it wasn't anything special its funny that people would call it a contrived mess. It continues the story in a relatively logical and creative fashion. Keep in mind the source material wasn't especially great to begin with.

I thought it was a fun movie to watch and it made me believe in the characters. I always had a hard time picturing these humans fighting gigantic monsters and beating gun-toting villains with swords. Well, the movie represented both of these quite well.

In the end, this movie is a treat for those that played through the game, nothing more.

I also find it funny that people can't accept Sephiroth, someone who nearly became a god, showing up with his sword in a world where you can conjure a city-destroying dragon from nothing.... oh wait it was the orbs that you absorb through your clothes/skin... that makes perfect sense now. :p

Either AC was a contrived mess, or FF7 was an example of very poor storytelling, introducing themes and ideas that were meant to be ignored by the person playing the game. Possibly both, as even if FF7 did have an ending that lended itself to sequels, there's things that remain unexplained in AC.