M7 VF-19 Valks

eriku

I'm in the market for a "fire" valkyrie from M7 and I've been seeing a few different versions on Ebay. I know which is the official Bandai versions, but I don't know anything about the others. I'm assuming they are knock-offs/bootlegs of the Bandai VF-19. Does anyone know anything about these? Are they decent enough quality for the price?

Ebay Auction 1

Ebay Auction 2

Of course I'd prefer the Bandai release, but I'm not sure if I'll like the toy enough to warrant the price.

They're pretty crappy. Quality varies greatly from toy to toy. The blue one is usually an amalgan of the pieces from a real Bandai Fire Valk & a Blue Valk. Stickers are terrible too, barely fit the toy. Pieces will be loose, rough, poorly finished. Screws are loose, and the holes almost seemed stripped...

But for $9... I mean, I gave one to my friend's 6 year old and he thinks is the best toy EVER, but they are far far far from collectors items.

You might wanna get a set to customize... JET FIRE ANYONE?

I've got both the bootlegs of the Fire & Blazer Valks, they're good enough since they're the only game in town for Macross 7 versions of these planes. I got both for $25 total. I even customized them into versions for me since they were pretty cheap. Don't pay more than $15 a piece though.

See, I want to get a Bandai blazer valk.

The bootleg blazer is just a clone of the fire right? (wrong wings and all)

Does anyone know if they still sell the blazer anywhere or am I stuck with getting the crap bootlegs? I think Bandai should reissue the blazer because to me it looks better than the fire. (who wants a face on thier mech?)

I don't want to support the bootleggers but if I have no choice..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The Blazer Valkyrie is a cheap clone of the Fire Valkyrie. This clearly shows Bandai's lack of interest in the Macross Series let alone Macross 7 they just got lazy and used the same mold of the Fire Valkyrie to create the Blakzer Valkyrie with the exception of the head. I say let Yamato try it and see what kind VF-19 Valks they come up with. I'm still waiting for the 1/48 VF-19S. :D

I would like a bandai blazer valk as well, but they seem to have disappeared.

partially because they were not reissued like the vf17 and fire valk were, which are still available. (packed in fighter mode) I got a vf17 and like it (except for fighter mode which looks fat)

Maybe people who have bandais think that because the bootlegs are so cheap, selling thiers on ebay won't get them any buyers? (not knowing if there is any big difference and thinking its not worth selling, just a theory.)

Even if the bandais are wrong as well, I still want one. :) (hehe I actually like the long wings combined with the cooler head combination.)

I say let Yamato try it and see what kind VF-19 Valks they come up with. I'm still waiting for the 1/48 VF-19S

..that is after they release YF19FP which ppl are still waiting/wishing for. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I bought 2 blazer valkyries knockoffs thinking they were the real deal off ebay. :(

I feel stupid.

And yes the stickers are crap.....and i got the one with the red "speakerpod" and shoulders. <_<

The KO's of the VF-19 are pretty good for custom work though. The plastic is actually pretty decent for a KO, and it's really super easy to just paint the panel lines that go onto the wings.

I made a VF-19 A (I think that's the designation) out of the "Blazer" one.

Took off the side guns and filled in the holes w/ puddy, then painted white stripes instead of yellow ones on the wings.

-RF

having had both... I thought the bootlegs were about as crapy as the bandai's. First bandai valks I ever sold because they disgusted me... and anybody who knows my bandai lovin but knows how serious that is. I have the bootleg 19 and the 17 and the are just as good/crappy as the bandai 19 and 17 I had and sold. I am talking about the bandai re-release ones though [the ones sold in fighter mode] as opposed to the original release [packaged as battroid] and I don't know if there is a quality difference. The only bandai one I might even be tempted to get is one of the "chrome" editions... but at $200 I'd rather use the money towards a bandai I really want like a seeker.

On the other hand... my yamato hating butt [1/60 at least as I have sold/traded away evey one I've owned] has to say that yamato's 19a made the bandai one look like the comparison between a ferrarri gto vs. a ford pinto. If yamato could make the same style toy SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better is it any wonder bandai isn't even trying to improve theirs or come up with new stuff? Like a dollar store hammer vs an estwing, a dollar store flashlight vs a maglight, a bic vs. a zippo... do you want disposable of something that doesn't suck. The choice is yours.

If you're really lucky you may be able to find the good bootleg of the Blazer. Yes, I said the good version. Before the crappy blazer and fire boots there were bootlegs of all the Mac 7 valkyries and those were much much better than the ones you see so commonplace now. In fact they are almost as good as the originals.

I have a Bandai blazer, good boot, and a bad boot. I would take comparison pics but they're in storage. :angry:

I will say this --

After getting my hands on a Yamato VF-11B, I can say for sure that the bootleg toy is MUCH tougher-built than the Yamato.

You can actually play with the bootleg and not expect it to break, much like the original 1/55 Taka/Bandai VF-1's.

Honestly, I'm a little afraid every time I transform or re-pose my Yamato 1/48th VF-1.

Sure, they are VERY different beasts (especially in terms of surface detail) but Bandai sure does make a tough PLAYABLE toy, and these Bootlegs are *almost* as tough. Like I said before, I gave one to a 6 year old, and it's been 3 months; he hasn't destroyed it yet!

Hell, I'd strongly recommend these as toys for kids. They are much cheaper than any comparable transform, and way cooler!

I will say this --

After getting my hands on a Yamato VF-11B, I can say for sure that the bootleg toy is MUCH tougher-built than the Yamato.

You can actually play with the bootleg and not expect it to break, much like the original 1/55 Taka/Bandai  VF-1's.

Honestly, I'm a little afraid every time I transform or re-pose my Yamato 1/48th VF-1.

Sure, they are VERY different beasts (especially in terms of surface detail) but Bandai sure does make a tough PLAYABLE toy, and these Bootlegs are *almost* as tough.  Like I said before, I gave one to a 6 year old, and it's been 3 months; he hasn't destroyed it yet!

Hell, I'd strongly recommend these as toys for kids.  They are much cheaper than any comparable transform, and way cooler!

322321[/snapback]

a boot 11b?!?!?!?!? I want one! I'm the dumb ass that collects "boots" and an 11b... that would save me soooo much money. Where did you find one?

a boot 11b?!?!?!?!? I want one! I'm the dumb ass that collects "boots" and an 11b... that would save me soooo much money. Where did you find one?

322561[/snapback]

Sorry but I wasn't entirely clear with that post. I meant to say that the REAL Yamato VF-11B is sturdier than a BOOTLEG *VF-19*.

I've won this VF-19 off of E-bay not too long ago. The box indicates it's a boot, but item itself looks pretty good for a boot (if it is a boot). Yes, I paid a bit too much for a boot, but I think it was a pretty good price. His other M7 valks (fire Valk, and the two VF-17s) went for around what I paid, excepting one of the VF-17, it only went for about $19.

I would buy a bootleg VF-17 in a heartbeat and fix it up myself.... It's my favorite Mac7 valk and I really wnat one, but don't want to pay for a real one.... someone went and make there's really posable and that's what I'd like to do too, and then repaint it.

I've won this VF-19 off of E-bay not too long ago.  The box indicates it's a boot, but item itself looks pretty good for a boot (if it is a boot).  Yes, I paid a bit too much for a boot, but I think it was a pretty good price.  His other M7 valks (fire Valk, and the two VF-17s) went for around what I paid, excepting one of the VF-17, it only went for about $19.

322644[/snapback]

there were two boot 17's ?!?!? and I only have one. Oh well... need more jetfires more :rolleyes:

I had the boots and the real ones... and the boots aren't worth the effort to buy them. The re-released Vf-19 is probably the best of the bunch. The worst thing about the bootlegs is that they seem to get worse (loose, wrong colors, stickers, etc) every year. The first bootlegs were actually not too bad... but the last one I handled was pure poo.

oh yeah... somebody here on the boards is selling a fire valk http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=15955

never hurts to look around :lol:

322799[/snapback]

Thanks, I depend on other MWers to look around for me since I have limited 'surfing' time at work (i.e. when nobody is looking...) :lol:

Edited by eriku

This is what I did a few years ago, w/ an extra KO Blazer Valk that I had.

Pretty much repainted the ship and took off the 4 head lazers to make the VF-19F...although truthfully the F should have 2 head lazers and not none lol

Jet...

VF-19FFight1.jpg

VF-19FFight2.jpg

Gerwalk...

VF-19FGer2.jpg

VF-19FGer1.jpg

Batteriod...

VF-19FBattroid2.jpg

VF-19FBattroid.jpg

Yeah the paint job kinda sucks, but I was happy w/ it :)

-RF

I need to pull my DesignWorks out... but IIRC the F doesn't have the canards, either.

Still pretty good idea. I like the articulation and battroid of the Yamato... but the Bandai mold wins in Fighter and Gerwalk, though it insn't nearly detailed enough (sturdy as a tank, though, even in bootleg form).

I need to pull my DesignWorks out... but IIRC the F doesn't have the canards, either.

Still pretty good idea.  I like the articulation and battroid of the Yamato...  but the Bandai mold wins in Fighter and Gerwalk, though it insn't nearly detailed enough (sturdy as a tank, though, even in bootleg form).

324073[/snapback]

I don't think it does either...but as I recall the wings on the Bandai Blazer were different than the Fire Valk, and on the Blazer boot it's the same mold as the Fire.

So I guess it's a VF-19F in my own twisted universe :D

-RF

I got my M7 VF-19 today in the mail. It's definately a boot, as it at least has the forward canards of the fire valk, and the wings of the fire valk. Plastic quality is good, and there's some die-cast in it, so it feels durable. Not bad for a bootleg. I might, however, repaint all the yellow bits myself, as the stickers are starting to peel off.

I got my Blazer and Fire Valk around 1996 or 97, I think. Anyway, not too long after they first came out. Unfortunately, the Bloody Blazer turned out to be a bootleg, with the crappy stickers and the wrong wings, canards, etc. Fortunately, the craftsmanship was identical to the Bandais and so I didn't really mind so much.

I still hate Bandai for not bothering to reissue it, or even to make VF-11Cs, Elgerzorenes and stuff in the first place. So much mecha in M7 and only two molds of toy. That's pathetic.

So, what do people think of the Limited Edition chrome-plated versions?

Edited by Renato

I got my bootleg VF-17D today. Aside from the stickers peeling (again, seriously considering painting on the blue stripes and whatnot), the toy is in excellent condition. I'd bet that put side by side the original Bandai VF-17d, id would probably be a little tricky telling them apart.

Ahh, the good old days of quality bootlegs!

I got my bootleg VF-17D today.  Aside from the stickers peeling (again, seriously considering painting on the blue stripes and whatnot), the toy is in excellent condition.  I'd bet that put side by side the original Bandai VF-17d, id would probably be a little tricky telling them apart.

Ahh, the good old days of quality bootlegs!

327118[/snapback]

Wait, I thought they only made the boots for the VF-19s? I've never heard of a 17 boot, much less a D version.