M7 VF-19 Valks

eriku

I got my bootleg VF-17D today.  Aside from the stickers peeling (again, seriously considering painting on the blue stripes and whatnot), the toy is in excellent condition.  I'd bet that put side by side the original Bandai VF-17d, id would probably be a little tricky telling them apart.

Ahh, the good old days of quality bootlegs!

327118[/snapback]

Wait, I thought they only made the boots for the VF-19s? I've never heard of a 17 boot, much less a D version.

327224[/snapback]

Yeah...I believe they did make boots of the VF-17's I have a D version that is wakky colors, mostly being silver. It's loose as hell, and the plastic quality is horrible beyond belief! I don't think it was by the same people that did the VF-19's though. I do seem to remember a VF-17 made by that company, but as I recall they're pretty rare to find.

-RF

Y'know, back when I very first learned of Macrossworld many years ago, one of my first experiences here was asking about the Macross 7 toys. My anime club at my university was actually watching Macross 7 from start to finish (2 episodes per week), and believe it or not, those are some of my very favorite memories from college.

I attempted to buy a Fire Valkyrie through eBay, only to be thoroughly disappointed to find when it arrived that it was a bootleg. (This was my very first eBay purchase!) I came here to ask for help in identifying which Valkyries were "real" and which were not. Of all the people to help me out, Graham himself was kind enough to help me acquire a Bandai VF-19 Kai, VF-19 Blazer, and a VF-17D. It was right then that I knew that this was a truly excellent community of true fans. These were the VERY first Macross toys I ever owned, and my collection has grown steadily over the years. I have quite a few other things not in this picture.

DSCN1894.JPG

Just thought I'd share. B))

Edited by Axelay

-Snip- These were the VERY first Macross toys I ever owned, and my collection has grown steadily over the years. I have quite a few other things not in this picture.

DSCN1894.JPG

Just thought I'd share.  B))

327423[/snapback]

NICE!!

With my VF-19 Kai, I had to do some painting of parts because I only have the boot version of it. So I painted the air intakes (on the hips), shoulders, wrists, and ankles gold, and also did the black line detailing where needed as well.

-RF