Hot Toys - 12" Aliens Figures.

Hicks' gear is way off.

The knife/sheath is completely wrong (he had a Gerber MkII and black canvas sheath). The sheath wasn't attached directly to his armor, it was on the left strap of his webgear, which was connected to the armor (there is only one strap on the figure and that has the grenades on it.) Actually, the grenades should be on the left and the knife on the right. He also never had that many grenades (he only had 3-4). The grenades don't even have colored tips (even the McFarlane figure had colored tips on the grenades). Hicks never had a pistol either.

Where is Bishop?

Press a button and he does "the thing with the knife' :lol:

The figures just wouldn't be complete without an "Ultimate Badass" figure though.

Being the Alien fanboy that I am, I'll probably buy them anyway. "I just need to know one thing: Where they are..." :D

I know the guy that is making the 1/6 APC (I don't think he has finished it yet). He made 1/6 scale USCM gear way before this. They were awsome. The detail and accuracy was amazing (better than some 1/1 stuff). In fact, I think Hot Toys used the sculpts from some of his stuff. His stuff was way better than anything else I've seen so far. I'll try and see if I can find some of his links.

Being the Alien fanboy that I am, I'll probably buy them anyway. "I just need to know one thing: Where they are..."  :D

320509[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

I think most of us have seen the custom colonial Marines that you're talking about. There's another huge Aliens thread here somewhere with all the customs and stuff.

• 1 month later...

Saw the pre-production samples a couple of weeks ago together with Blackaces, Neova and Valk 009.

The figures looked excellent. On seeing them, I immediately placed a preorder for Hicks, even though I don't collect or currently own a single 12" action figure.

Graham

Saw the pre-production samples a couple of weeks ago together with Blackaces, Neova and Valk 009.

The figures looked excellent. On seeing them, I immediately placed a preorder for Hicks, even though I don't collect or currently own a single 12" action figure.

Graham

328929[/snapback]

Now THAT'S a ringing endorsement - need to find where to order these bad boys!

The only 12 inch figure I own is the Kerberos Panzer Cop.. Hicks will be the second. Damn that sucks if Drake is cancelled. He was #2 on the list. Vasquez looks a bit too 'dolly' for me, you know, being a girl, and the barbie thing, and when my friends come over, they'll see this... barbie.. with guns, and then they'll look at me funny.

Don't worry gup - we all look at you funny anyway ;)

I think the best way to go, is to get Hicks, maybe Apone (though I dunno why anyone would want him - where's Hudson dammit?!?! ), and then get the Smart Gun Kit from these guys:

http://members.aol.com/Uscmr/rdr.html

And make your own smart gunner- be it Drake or some random grunt...

Edited by fulcy

:D Even on the anonymous internet, I can't even escape the funny looks!

Fulcy, great (well I may be extending my potential) minds think alike.. I was just thinking the same thing. Buy the smart gun kit and a generic Dragon german soldier figure for the blonde buff look and cap.

I own a SWAT team set of figures that looked cool posed together. (now they're in Storage (damn Macross Toys kicking eveything else out))

I was hoping to do the same with Alien figures. In a way I'm glad I can't cuz that would have been too expensive. I might just get Hicks now, or maybe none... but it's all good, whatever saves money.

That doesn't sound surprising. The whole prop replica cottage industry seems to have more than their share of guys like that. This EVA guy in particular made similar comments about the actual Hot Toys figures too, although he's (wisely) stayed away from trying to sue a licensed toy company.

Really - I've never heard any of this, and I've purchased from him before (and I've got to disagree - the castings I received - the pulse rifle and the scope rifle - are both excellent - little to no flash, crisp clean details). Where did you guys hear this from?

I ordered the scope rifle from him and it's fantastic. Those guys he sued DID rip off his design. They marketed it as a Russian colonial marine, but it was the same kit, just recasted. Anyway, I though I read somewhere that Hot Toys used his sculpts for most of the figure anyway. Ordered a Hicks. Can't wait!

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the write-up! now I really want one.

any HK stores stocking these at a good price? I think Graham had to order his from OS so they probably won't be any cheaper.

There are a few sellers on the 'Bay and in the 'States, but $150 on the average is pretty steep. I mean, it's not like they transform into a plane and back again, or something...

It's a damn shame, as those figures look great...

Drake, huh? I'm assuming that a smart-gun would be made for this figure also. If they managed to pull that off, I might have to pony up the $150 or so.....

It would be pretty cool if they made the entire team even the pilots....its highly unlikely...but damm cool to have those badasses all posing in some awsome way in my detolf cabinets hehehe..

Makes me kinda wish i had the Alien VS. Predator pc games...man that was fun to play as USCM hehehe with motion tracker with that familiar beeping sound when something is moving. I have some fun memories playing that game over at the local PC cafe place with a bunch of friends.

- Jin

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I remmember once someone here on MW said that Sigourney Weaver would never endorse an action figure of her (or act) holding a gun or something like that. But here's Ripley in the Hot Toys 12" line.

63171_press01-001-1.jpg6322_press01-001.jpg

6321_press01-001.jpg6320_press01-001.jpg

Sigourney won't endorse a figure holding a gun, but she stars in movies that showcase violence? Oooooook, you gotta' love these Hollywood types.

Anyway, those figures are hot! I'd pass on the Hicks one as it doesn't look like him at all, but the Apone and Vasquez renditions weren't too bad...

Sigourney won't endorse a figure holding a gun, but she stars in movies that showcase violence? Oooooook, you gotta' love these Hollywood types.

Anyway, those figures are hot! I'd pass on the Hicks one as it doesn't look like him at all, but the Apone and Vasquez renditions weren't too bad...

i could've sworn i read it here somewhere, but i read that it was later in her working career that she didn't want to be shown to be holding guns in movies thus the alien 3 and alien ressurection films where she didn't hold any.

Due to religion or something. Shrug.

No you're not imagining that, Wolfx. Weaver is a long time anti-gun liberal, and nearly balked on appearing in Aliens when she learned that there was soldiers & firepower involved. That said, the Ripley figure doesnt look half bad, and neither does Drake. But Hudson....poor Hudson, can't anybody him justice?

Not to derail the thread any more but Sigourney Weaver is stauchly anti-gun, it is her political stance. It has nothing to do with religion, it's just her own personal politics. She has always been this way, even durring the filming of Aliens. She personally says as much in the Aliens DVD special features section during her interview. She (some might say stupidly) did not read the Aliens script all the way through before agreeing to be in the movie... then when she shows up on set and the prop guy hands her a rifle she freaked out. There where contractual obligations at that point so she had to suck it up and made the movie, but she made it a point to fight tooth and nail in each following movie that her further involvement in the franchise meant her character would not handle firearms.

As far as I know the "character" of Ripley, in name, likeness and design, is owned by Brandywine productions and 20th Centry Fox, who are the ones who grant character licensing rights. Sigourney Weaver has no right to "forbid" anyone from making a toy of the character Warrant Officer Ellen Ripley and loading it down with weapons. What she CAN do is legally wrangle so that they cannot "use her likeness" without her permission. And seeing as how these Hot Toys Aliens figures bear only a fleeing resemblance to the actors they are of they most likely skirted that issue by making it "look like her but not look exactly like her".

Hell, for all we know Weaver may be filing a court injunciton as we speak.