Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

These are the best of Ishtar that I've seen but they aren't cels. I think the first one is from promo poster artwork. Or it's very close. I might even have the poster. I can't remember if I've seen good cels of her. I think I've seen something from the opening a while back. Like 90% sure.

post-15104-0-46315700-1398190595_thumb.jpg

post-15104-0-34494500-1398190605_thumb.jpg

Edited by JetJockey

These are the best of Ishtar that I've seen but they aren't cels. I think the first one is from promo poster artwork. Or it's very close. I might even have the poster. I can't remember if I've seen good cels of her. I think I've seen something from the opening a while back. Like 90% sure.

attachicon.gifIshtar_Pencil_Set_$660_01.jpg

attachicon.gifIshtar_Profile_Debra_Rogers_Signature_Sketch.JPG

Is the Ishtar poster genga currently on sale somewhere or is that one that sold awhile back on Mandarake?

Is the Ishtar poster genga currently on sale somewhere or is that one that sold awhile back on Mandarake?

Sold either on Mandarake or Yahoo Japan. I can't remember which.

WOW - 300,000 for that one?

I know - we need to start a thread asking if Macross cels are now 'out of reach' for fans.

Looks like they might be for me . . .

------- Hey - that was my 2,000th post!

Edited by DarrinG

• 2 weeks later...

Several of this seller's Macross cel listings have been repeatedly relisted...and always at the same prices......he has much patience and it appears it will be rewarded soon enough! ^_^

Iconic cels are priceless anyway..... :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice frame, great looking cel.

Surprised that is 20 year old animation - the style of BM looks pretty modern . . .

Thank you, had the framing done at Michaels. Wasn't cheap but it was worth it :) I also had the below original art by Playboy cartoonist Doug Sneyd framed as well. On the left is the original pencil sketch and on the right is the published copy from the October 2006 issue. It's hanging in the same room as Batman.

If you have a cel or any hand drawn art you really like I recommend framing and hanging it in your place to show it off.

IMAG0625_zpsosvjojer.jpg

Edited by TangledThorns

The prices vary on size and quality of the frames and protective glass. Total for both frames was $320. It was high as I ordered quality wood framing and special glass to filter damaging light rays. It was pricey but worth it!

Thanks. I was thinking of upgrading the frame for this pencil sketch to something nicer and more professional looking......

gallery_12176_600_281920.jpg

....but just haven't gotten around to finding out what it would cost...maybe I'll stop by the local Michael's this week...thanks for the info!