For Terminator Fans

Can I get one without the life-size human skulls at its feet? That's just creepy.

I promised myself I wouldn't have skull paraphanelia in my home when I quit skating over a decade ago! :)

Mine just does this all day...

315113[/snapback]

what the terminator would have ended up doing if it hadn't failed to kill one terrified waitress (supermachines, psssh!)

Cool, but if it were really life size, it would be 5'9" instead of 6'2".  Arnie aint that tall.  :lol:

315104[/snapback]

he is 6 foot 2.

315213[/snapback]

http://www.sacbee.com/content/lifestyle/st...p-8580625c.html

Well I stood eye to eye with him... I am 6 and I tower over him. Not even close to 6 even with the lifts in his shoes.

Cool, but if it were really life size, it would be 5'9" instead of 6'2".  Arnie aint that tall.  :lol:

315104[/snapback]

he is 6 foot 2.

315213[/snapback]

Well I stood eye to eye with him... I am 6 and I tower over him. Not even close to 6 even with the lifts in his shoes.

315234[/snapback]

link takes me to a login page.

315104[/snapback]

he is 6 foot 2.

315213[/snapback]

315234[/snapback]

link takes me to a login page.

315481[/snapback]

ah.. There ya go:

Sure, Schwarzenegger stands tall -- but just how tall is he?

By J. Freedom du Lac -- Bee Pop Culture Writer

Published 2:15 am PDT Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Arnold Schwarzenegger managed to stand tall through the suddenly scandal-ridden final days of his campaign. Now, can the man measure up to his image?

Not to give short shrift to the Truly Important Issues, but it's high time to size up California's celebrity governor-elect.

After all, there seems to be a real correlation between height and higher office -- and Schwarzenegger is generally portrayed as a larger-than-life figure, both for his immense celebrity and powerful physique.

But he may not be as large as you think. At least not in his stocking feet.

While it's long been reported as fact that he's a stout 6-foot-2 -- with Schwarzenegger even saying as much in his 1977 autobiography, "Arnold: The Education of a Bodybuilder" -- he could be closer to the American average for adult males of 5-foot-9, according to some who have sized him up.

David E. Preston, who was working for the governor of Rhode Island in the 1990s when Schwarzenegger visited the state to promote physical fitness, says the seven-time Mr. Olympia was "not much taller than me at 5-9."

Shoshana Lombardi, a manager at a Washington, D.C., public-relations agency who found herself standing just inches from Schwarzenegger during the filming of "True Lies" in D.C. a decade ago, agrees, saying he's "5-9 -- 5-10 max."

And Laura Noss, once the PR manager for Planet Hollywood in D.C., says she stood next to the restaurant's celebrated co-owner several times in 1995 and was struck by how similar Schwarzenegger was in stature to her 5-7 1/2 sibling.

"It was like looking at my brother -- except Arnold is like three times his size in terms of width," Noss says. "I can assure you, though, that Arnold is not even 5-10. He comes in at a strong 5-8."

Or does he? Could it be that Schwarzenegger's vertical shortcoming is just a tall tale?

Edie Lambert and Kevin Riggs both conducted one-on-one interviews with Schwarzenegger this year for Channel 3 (KCRA), and the reporters are convinced he's around 6 feet.

"That's our best guess," says Lambert, who is 5-10 sans shoes. Riggs, Lambert says, is about 5-11 1/2. "And Arnold," she says, "definitely is a little taller than both of us."

Tony Strickland, who has a unique vantage point of California's political lineup as one of the state's tallest legislators, says his best guess is 6-1 or 6-2.

"He does wear high boots a lot of times," says Strickland, the 6-4 1/2 Republican assemblyman from Moorpark. "But those guys are crazy if they say he's 5-8 or 5-9.

"I think it's an expectations game. They expect him to be big because he's huge in the movies. Maybe people are surprised he's not 6-7, 6-8. But he's a legitimate 6-1. He's a tall man."

So, who to believe?

Donald Dixon, a criminal justice professor at California State University, Sacramento, and a former crime analyst for the Dallas Police Department, says it's a judgment call.

"If we're in trial and we're asking the jury to believe one witness over another, it becomes a matter of who do you think is more credible," Dixon says.

Not that it's a crime to hike up your height. After all, it happens all the time in the sports world -- and at the DMV.

Still, the numbers matter more than you think.

Plenty of psychosocial research has shown that taller people -- and physically attractive people, too -- tend to be viewed in a more positive manner than their shorter and less-attractive counterparts.

That notion certainly appears to manifest itself in politics.

Consider the White House (which, apparently, short people shouldn't): According to the Washington Post, 21 of the past 25 presidential elections have been won by the taller major-party candidate.

And only four of the 43 U.S. presidents have been shorter than 5-6, the Post says -- none since 1960, when TV took on an important campaign role.

"Everyone's perception of you is colored by physical stature," says Jeff Smith, a political science lecturer at Washington University in St. Louis.

He would know, having worked with both Bill Bradley (at 6-6, the tallest presidential candidate in history) and the late Paul Wellstone (at 5-5, the shortest male U.S. senator at the time). Smith is also exploring a congressional run in Missouri, which could be interesting since he himself stands at 5-6.

"It's very easy for negative connotations to be attached to short people," he says. For instance: "If you're 5-5 and aggressive, it's easier to be seen as being pushy than if you're 6-2 and aggressive."

Then again, if you're a pushy reporter trying to pinpoint Schwarzenegger's precise measurements, you're likely to come up short, no matter your height.

Billy Lucas, Schwarzenegger's stunt double since 1990, won't say how tall the movie star really is. "I stay away from answering questions about Arnold from the press," he says.

Michael Birch, a London-based spokesman for Madame Tussaud's, says he can't answer questions about the movie star's measurements, either -- too bad, since Tussaud's took them before making multiple wax statues in his likeness.

Joe Roark, official historian for the International Federation of Body Builders, is more willing to talk about tape measures, Schwarzenegger and such. But the IFBB has never recorded contestants' measurements in sanctioned events such as Mr. Olympia.

Thus, there are no federation records showing Schwarzenegger's height.

But, he says, there was this British magazine piece, published well before anybody but the most die-hard muscleheads had heard of Schwarzenegger, saying he was 6-1 1/2.

Then again, Roark says, that 1966 issue of Health & Strength also got the subject's age wrong and called him "Leopold Schwartzenegger" to boot.

At least we know this, Roark says: Schwarzenegger is no shorter than 5-9, as he used to dominate the Mr. Universe contest "tall class," which requires competitors to be 69 inches or taller.

Alas, the National Amateur Bodybuilders Association, which runs Mr. Universe, does not have Schwarzenegger records to share, either, says president Bob Gruskin.

His suggestion: Try the old issues of Health & Strength.

Sigh.

His other idea: Try a Google search. Or not, since just about all you'll find are references to Schwarzenegger standing a solid 6-2 -- including one on Schwarzenegger.com.

As it turns out, though, that's stretching the truth.

"We're trying to correct that," says a transition-team spokesman. "We're now saying he's 6 feet tall."

Why the sudden change? Is Schwarzenegger, at 56, starting to shrink? Is the governor-elect grind beating him down?

The spokesman declines to give his name and suggests calling Schwarzenegger's Hollywood press rep, Jill Eisenstadt, for the true backstory -- though she says there's not much to tell.

"It's the number we've had on the fact sheet we've given out over the years," she says of the 6-2 figure. "Quite honestly, it's never come up. It's never been confirmed, verified or rechecked, because nobody's really asked, and nobody really cared.

"But he's certainly larger than life."