Battlefield 2 goes gold

From the official site:

Battlefield 2 Goes GOLD!

This just in from the front lines…Battlefield 2 has officially gone GOLD! The game will begin shipping under the EA GAMES brand starting Tuesday, June 21, 2005.

In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, China, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with the latest modern weaponry, players can take control of any of the game’s 30+ vehicles. Players can also hone their skills against improved enemy intelligence in the new single-player campaign before competing online with up to 64 players in some of the most intense battles on the PC.

Enhanced team play features allow players to enter the action on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates. With the new online character ranking and persistence, players increase their rank and unlock awards, including new weapons, medals, and more.

Developed by Sweden-based developer, Digital Illusions, the creators of the original Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2 is rated “T” (Teen) by the ESRB and has an MSRP of $49.99. For more information about Battlefield 2, please visit http://battlefield2.ea.com or our press Web site at http://info.ea.com

Barring any last minute suckage that might seep into the game, this is looking awesome. When its out and we all get copies, anybody interested in some informal skirmishes?

I would jump at the chance, this is looking so great. The physics and the gameplay all seem to be going together so well. Can't wait for the 21st.

And I just put $850 dollars into some new PC hardware (CPU, GPU, mobo). Good timing. Just have to wait for it to pop up on torrent sites...

Just as long as it has some sort of key-gen that'll allow you to play online, yeah.

True, very true. Though, its good to know people who work in game stores, LOL.

I played Battlefield2 at E3 a few weeks back.

Graphics-wise, it's a very, very impressive game!

The play-balancing for the sniper is so much better than any other FPS currently on the market. Every time you squeeze a shot off, the game automatically zooms out of the scope view to "reload." You have to re-aqcuire your target each time, so snipers won't be quite as annoying as they are in other games.

I didn't play it enough to get an idea of how the Commander mode works, but overally, this game is much more refined than any of the previous Battlefield games.

If there's one game I buy this year (and at this rate, there may only be one!) this is it!

Felix

Edited by flyboy

Joint Op has been my game of choice until this game arrives. I wasnt as big a fan of the older battlefield as i am of JO but ive been looking forward to this game for months.

One thing that bothers me was at E3 all the enemy players had tags like the old BF which was really weak and made camo and carefully advancing infiltry rather pointless to just going out and playing rambo.

Now i understand this will most likely be an option that can be turned off however if its set to default most of the heavy servers are going to have it on which will diminish gameplay ( for me at least )

Besides that everything looks good and ill be picking this one up. Im suprised no beta has been released this close to actual release.

And I just put $850 dollars into some new PC hardware (CPU, GPU, mobo). Good timing. Just have to wait for it to pop up on torrent sites...

Just as long as it has some sort of key-gen that'll allow you to play online, yeah.

Oh yeah, that's great, so you have him steal the code off a copy in ths store, so that when someone actually buys it, it's useless?

Stop being cheap. If you want something, buy it. Don't have the money? Too fxcking bad. :angry:

im up for it... My OCed Athlon64, 1Gig of RAM, and X800XL are ready...

rig.jpg

-=Athlon64 3200+ (Winchester @ 2.25GHz), 1GB DC-Kingston HyperX PC4000 @ 474MHz, BBA Radeon X800XL 256MB AGP8X, 2x Seagate 80GB HD's, Pioneer DVDRW, LITEON DVD-CDRW Combo, 600w PSU, Dual Monitors (CRT+LCD)=-

Edited by vfxraven19

wonder if my PC can cope with the minimum requirements.

http://www.planetbattlefield.com

Ideal Minimum Machine:

-1.5 Ghz CPU

-512 Megabytes of RAM

-128 MB video card (requires support for 1.4 shaders)

-16x CD-ROM drive

-Directx 9.0b Compatible Sound Card

-4 GB free hard drive space

-MS compatible mouse

-Keyboard

-Windows XP

Some site have as low as 1.2 Ghz CPU. The interesting thing so far I have seen that it is XP only. I would not mind getting the DVD version. I hate loading multiple CDs. As long as you have XP you should be fine.

For now I am running

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 Ghz 2.0 FSB (Overclocked to 2.2 GHZ)

ASUS A8V Deluxe AGP8X 939 Socket DDR/400

ASUS V9999GT(Nvidia 6800GT) 256 MB (Overclocked to 405/1105)

Super Talent 1GB PC3200 Ram

7200 RPM ATA 160 GB HD 8MB Buffer and second drive

AC Power and Cooling 510 Deluxe Power supply.

One thing that bothers me was at E3 all the enemy players had tags like the old BF which was really weak and made camo and carefully advancing infiltry rather pointless to just going out and playing rambo.

That is definitely something I would have liked to see Dice leave behind when they were working on BF2. IIRC, they claim its to promote "community" or some such nonsense. Leaving it in was their sort of trademark "Battlefield-ism." But from what I've read, there will indeed be some option to disable it either when the game ships, or in a patch shortly thereafter.

Nice to hear about the taming of the 'snipahs' as well. More games need to do that. Just as long as there's no scope-walking, I'll be happy.

Yeah, my online gaming clan Festival of Frags are gearing up for the release, we are taking DC(our primary game) off of our primary box and installing BF2, the day it comes out I suppose.....I dont know what they are going to do about server managers and the like for admins, but I guess Black Bag Ops is working on it. I am looking forward to this, and so is the rest of the =FoF= clan!

Here is hoping it doesnt suck!

Twich

Oh yeah, that's great, so you have him steal the code off a copy in ths store, so that when someone actually buys it, it's useless?

Stop being cheap. If you want something, buy it. Don't have the money? Too fxcking bad. :angry:

Oh, I have the money, its just all about the plunder. I enjoy what I do too much.

If I get the game Ill proly play like I did on the first game. running over people with the jeep and tanks, driving ships over the enemy ships, and crashing bombers into groups of people. basicly anything unnecessary and stupid but realy fun its most likely me :lol:

oh if you see a tank driving off cliffs ontop of buildings below is definatly me.

There's a rumor that we'll be seeing a demo, complete with single AND multiplayer, in the next week or so. Keep your eyes peeled for news.

Late edit: I just got the following email from Xfire

Latest Download: Battlefield 2 Demo

The first demo of Battlefield 2 will be released soon! If you enjoyed playing Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam, you'll love Battlefield 2.

Click here to get the demo as soon as it comes out on Xfire's FPS Demos Channel. 

Edited by bsu legato

Yeah, I finally gave in to the Dark Side and got a cable line, so BF2 and other multi-play sounds like alot of fun, especially if I get to the chance to riddle some of you with bullets, albeit virtual. :p

I must say that even though I've just started playing online, repeatedly getting taken out by some sniper, usually named "DeathSnipeFX3000vb" or something is starting to get really old.

I haven't played many games, only Black Hawk Down, AvP2, Doom and 'Vietnam...