Having worked on older aircraft in the Air Force (tankers built in the 50s and MC-130s built in the 60s), it's always impressive how well these old birds have outperformed their life expectancies, sometimes by decades, with decades of planned service ahead of them.  Somehow, I don't think we'll get the same performance from stuff like the F-22 and F-35.

1 minute ago, M'Kyuun said:

Having worked on older aircraft in the Air Force (tankers built in the 50s and MC-130s built in the 60s), it's always impressive how well these old birds have outperformed their life expectancies, sometimes by decades, with decades of planned service ahead of them.  Somehow, I don't think we'll get the same performance from stuff like the F-22 and F-35.

I don't either, especially the F-35. The more complex and electronic they make these fighters, the worse they're gonna age. Given the F-35's very poor developmental record, the myriad ad-hoc fixes and the continual issues it's had (many given it's "multi-use" initial purpose), that one's going to be a veritable nightmare for some time to come.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Thom said:

Wonderfully done!!

On 6/18/2023 at 4:11 PM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Nicely staged and lit!  I was really hoping Aoshima would've given Blue Thunder the same treatment, but they opted for a model kit instead.

Thanks guys. Although Aoshima didn't give a diecast treatment to Blue Thunder, thankfully Organic did, although the scale was quite different. I instead wished Aoshima would have given us a diecast HX1, which I consider to be Airwolf's true rival. 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Thanks guys. Although Aoshima didn't give a diecast treatment to Blue Thunder, thankfully Organic did, although the scale was quite different. I instead wished Aoshima would have given us a diecast HX1, which I consider to be Airwolf's true rival. 

They just slapped the guns anywhere on those things!:p