Revenge of the Sith

Palpatine wasn't wearing makeup. He was normal. When he was Sidious he had a cloak on to hide his normal features. Mace was using his lightsaber to deflect the lighting back at Palpatine. Palaptine in turn was intensifying the lightning so he looked more desperate to Anakin. His muscles melted right off of his bones. Anakin turns like a bitch, Mace dies. The end.

If I inderstand what you are saying, you are incorrect. Palpatine as he is at the end of the film (deformed) is actually his true appearance, and the Palpatine "normal" look is a ruse.

http://img287.echo.cx/img287/8927/palps8zt.jpg

I finally got the chance to see Episode III for a second time today. So, what can I say about Episode III that I haven't already said? Well, I actually like it more than I did the first time, and I loved it the first time. Some of the things that bothered me a little on first viewing don't bother me this time around. Without a doubt, some of my all time favorite Star Wars moments happen in this film. You don't even need Episodes I & II anymore, all you need is III. And man, if I wasn't more disturbed by some of the events in the film this time around than the first. Very powerful. And, it may be blasphemous to say this, but its my second favorite Star Wars film, next to Empire. Yes, I like it even more than the original. I don't have to try to find good things about this movie, I don't have to try to like it (*cough* Episode II *cough*). I love it, I simply love it.

BTW, I still have yet to see the Millennium Falcon. I keep looking, and I keep missing it.

BTW, I still have yet to see the Millennium Falcon. I keep looking, and I keep missing it.

i saw it twice, once at a friends house and then at the theatre, and there is no MF in the flick. i think the jaded SW fans just see what they want to see cause i watched the space battle in slow-mo at my buddies house....sorry homies but i didn't see a MF anywhere.

i saw it twice, once at a friends house and then at the theatre, and there is no MF in the flick. i think the jaded SW fans just see what they want to see cause i watched the space battle in slow-mo at my buddies house....sorry homies but i didn't see a MF anywhere.

I haven't seen it yet myself (edit: The MF, I've seen the film). So don't shoot the messenger. Just passing on this info. There's a screenshot there. It looks tiny in the shot but is apparently much clearer on the big screen.

Edited by Hurin

The Falcon is in there. I saw it on my first viewing. Its near the beggining of the movie in a large civilian spaceport shot. It comes in from the bottom right hand of the screen just before it switches to the next shot.

Try again.

Edited by Fatalist

A Correlian Freighter, maybe the Millennium Falcon, maybe not, can be briefly seen as a background ship on a panoramic camera panning scene on the Coruscant Spaceport; it's only on screen for a split second...if you blink you miss it.

I don't quite understand why "canon" matters so much. I take what I like and disregard the rest. I don't really care who's idea it is, if it's good it's in.

For everyday fans, it's not really an issue. Canon only becomes an issue when a fan comes to realize some fact given in a Star Wars product contradicts another well known fact. When such a contradiction occurs, it's really nice to know just how to resolve it using the canon policy.

Even better one! Even better one! :lol:

The Falcon is in there. I saw it on my first viewing. Its near the beggining of the movie in a large civilian spaceport shot. It comes in from the bottom right hand of the screen just before it switches to the next shot.

Try again.

no reason to be a smart ass about it. <_<

i looked at the screenshot you post Hurin, but again, its so small(the pic and even on the big screen), i think jaded SW fans are seeing what they want to see. until i here the words from GL himself saying he included a shot of the MF in epi3, i ain't buying it.

A Correlian Freighter, maybe the Millennium Falcon, maybe not, can be briefly seen as a background ship on a panoramic camera panning scene on the Coruscant Spaceport; it's only on screen for a split second...if you blink you miss it.

Lucas says that its THE Millennium Falcon.

so that proves that maybe? maybe not?

again, until i hear/see/read the words from GL himself, i ain't buying it.

If GL says it's THE MF, than that settles that, but from what's is actually on-screen it's impossible to tell with any certainty.

The movie was just a bit south of great...saw it last Wednesday. It's leagues above the first two prequels and a bit better than RotJ, but ANH and ESB still rule as the best SW films.

Edit: I thought the "Lucas" being referred to WAS GL; if that isn't the case than the actual identification of the ship we barely see is still open to all sorts of anal debate.

Edited by mechaninac

Its on SW.com, you can read it for yourself.

leagues above the first two prequels and a bit better than RotJ, but ANH and ESB still rule as the best SW films.

that pretty much sums up on the ranking of the SW films for me. :)

ESB

ANH

ROTS

ROTJ

AOTC

EOFTEBM - Every Other Film Thats Ever Been Made

then TPM

If GL says it's THE MF, than that settles that, but from what's is actually on-screen it's impossible to tell with any certainty.

The movie was just a bit south of great...saw it last Wednesday. It's leagues above the first two prequels and a bit better than RotJ, but ANH and ESB still rule as the best SW films.

Edit: I thought the "Lucas" being referred to WAS GL; if that isn't the case than the actual identification of the ship we barely see is still open to all sorts of anal debate.

This is all hearsay. . . but I think Togo posted a while back that it is stated in the Making of EpIII book that it is the Millenium Falcon and that they even took the time to "reverse age" the appearance of the MF based on its appearance in the OT (removing weathering and impact marks, etc.). If it weren't the MF, but just another similar (YT-1300) freighter, why all the reverse aging process?

People can still debate it, of course. But if all that is true, it seems pretty darn clear. But it's not like this is a crucial plot point or anything.

For me, if Lucas was willing to put friggin' E.T.s in his films as cameos, I have no problem believing that he put in a "younger" Millenium Falcon.

Its on SW.com, you can read it for yourself.

of course it would be there, why wouldn't it be?

the whole site is devoted to SW fanboys...actually not even fanboys but cult followers that jerk off to GL....yeah i care what they think. :lol:

of course it would be there, why wouldn't it be? 

the whole site is devoted to SW fanboys...actually not even fanboys but cult followers that jerk off to GL....yeah i care what they think.  :lol:

You give a whole new meannig to the term "ass clown".

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/pr...0526/index.html

And it's not just a non-descript Corellian freighter; it's on good authority -- namely George Lucas -- that this is the infamous hunk-of-junk before it came into the ownership of either Lando Calrissian or Han Solo.

Edited by Duke Togo

If I were to rank them, not as films but as to which I like the most to least:

Empire

Sith

Hope

Menace

Jedi

Clones

Special Edition Jedi would actually be last in my list, I am going by the original cuts.

For me, if Lucas was willing to put friggin' E.T.s in his films as cameos, I have no problem believing that he put in a "younger" Millenium Falcon.

I actually thought the E.T. cameos as background aliens-fillers was sort of a clever little tip of the hat to Spielberg. Just like the case with the Millennium Falcon, that sort of cameo neither adds to nor detracts from the plot of the film, and can be cute and entertaining when you notice them. However, the best cameo appearance I've ever seen in any movie was in "Coming to America" where Eddie Murphy's character dumps this load of cash on two "urban outdoorsmen" who just happen to be Randolph and Mortimer Duke form "Trading Places"...now THAT was classic. :lol:

I actually thought the E.T. cameos as background aliens-fillers was sort of a clever little tip of the hat to Spielberg. Just like the case with the Millennium Falcon, that sort of cameo neither adds to nor detracts from the plot of the film, and can be cute and entertaining when you notice them. However, the best cameo appearance I've ever seen in any movie was in "Coming to America" where Eddie Murphy's character dumps this load of cash on two "urban outdoorsmen" who just happen to be Randolph and Mortimer Duke form "Trading Places"...now THAT was classic. :lol:

I have no problem with the MF being in Sith because it belongs in the universe. And the E.T.s. . . being hard to make out, wouldn't have been so bad. But, unfortunately, they were part of a trend that started with Jedi. But, I've said this before, so please just allow me to quote myself from this thread:

As "scholars" of Tolkien have always said, it is the absolute internal consistency of the universe that Tolkien created that lends much of the magic and power to his works. At no point is the veil of reality ever lifted. Suspension of disbelief can become total as you immerse yourself in a world that is totally divorced from reality, yet has its own history, customs, legends, languages and all the atmospheric power that comes along with them. And, to his credit, with one or two minor exceptions, Peter Jackson didn't make the mistake of "lifting this veil" when he adapted those books into films.

Lucas, I would argue, used to take a similar stance towards his Star Wars universe. There is no "winking" at the camera in IV and V. There are no references to things that do not belong in the Star Wars universe. At no point does he want you to doubt for a second that this story took place A Long Time Ago. . . In a Galaxy Far, Far Away. The atmosphere of IV and V was very Tolkien-esque in its establishment of an internally consistent universe with its own deep history. This began to change as the "winking at the camera" started a bit more subtley in VI (The ewok "Tarzan" scream comes to mind immediately). But, with Ep1, you find the gungans (of course, most notably Jar Jar) using American slang (or spanish) as their dialect ("ex-squeeze me" "Muy muy important", etc.) You have aliens from his friend's science fiction movies making cameo appearances for crying out loud!

Oh, and the "death sticks"/cigarettes in Ep2. Let's not forget those. Now he's preaching about our current health problems to us in his movies. Lovely. That helps my suspension of disbelief!

But, we're talking about EpIII here. So, I'll leave it at that. If you want to discuss the prior cameos though, I'd be happy to do so over in that thread! But, again, the MF appearing in Sith doesn't cause any trouble for me. . . since it belongs in Star Wars.

Best Regards,

H

Tolkien created The Rings just as much as Lucas created Star Wars... meaning he didn't. Just like Lucas, its a re-writing (in Lucas' case, a re-imaging) of someone else's work.

Considering disagreeing with you will merely results in you calling people names that begin with "ass," I think I'll just forego this debate. :rolleyes:

Though, I must admit, your bravery in exposing yourself to yet another butt-kicking is commendable. Either that, or your deep-seated need to antagonize me has clouded your judgement. :lol:

Edit: Typos.

Edited by Hurin

Tolkien created The Rings just as much as Lucas created Star Wars... meaning he didn't. Just like Lucas, its a re-writing (in Lucas' case, a re-imaging) of someone else's work.

heh?

How did Tolkein "rewrite" someone elses work? he made his mythology.. his own languages.. created back stories...

And what was Lucas reimaging? That he borrowed from westerns and samurai movies? Is that what you mean he didn't create star wars universe?

if you're saying that in order to create something, the artist has to invent everything on his/her own.. in a vacuum, devoid of all other input... such a thing doesn't exsit... everything comes from something.

heh?

How did Tolkein "rewrite" someone elses work? he made his mythology.. his own languages.. created back stories...

And what was Lucas reimaging? That he borrowed from westerns and samurai movies? Is that what you mean he didn't create star wars universe?

if you're saying that in order to create something, the artist has to invent everything on his/her own.. in a vacuum, devoid of all other input... such a thing doesn't exsit... everything comes from something.

He's basically repeating the "wisdom" that everything is derivative. It makes him feel intellectual. Just ignore him. I'm already an "ass-pipe" because I had the temerity to disagree with him. Haterist is now an "ass-clown". . . you might be an "ass-munch" just for writing this.

Moving on. . .

I don't quite understand why "canon" matters so much. I take what I like and disregard the rest. I don't really care who's idea it is, if it's good it's in.

For everyday fans, it's not really an issue. Canon only becomes an issue when a fan comes to realize some fact given in a Star Wars product contradicts another well known fact. When such a contradiction occurs, it's really nice to know just how to resolve it using the canon policy.

So what you're saying is that real fans are like sheep who need to be told what to think rather than deciding for themselves?

So what you're saying is that real fans are like sheep who need to be told what to think rather than deciding for themselves?

I think what he's saying is that an artist's intent must be taken into account. Now, in the case of meanings and artistic influences, I'm not sure the artist can have the final say because he himself may be unaware of subconscious influences. But, in the case of chronology and plot points, I do think the artist has the final say. You can tell the artist that he has been influenced by Shakespeare, and still believe it even if he says he doesn't think he was. But you can't tell George Lucas that Vader wasn't Luke's father or that a ship that he expressly stated was the Millenium Falcon in fact wasn't. He's the ultimate arbiter of what happened and what he intended to convey. But he can't be the ultimate arbiter of what it means to you.

H

Edited by Hurin

Hurin, Golgo 13 is doing nothing but baiting you.

Right now, I rank Revenge of the Sith # 2.

My order of best to worst Star Wars movies:

1) Return of the Jedi

2) Revenge of the Sith

3) The Phantom Menace

4) Attack of the Clones

5) The Empire Strikes Back

6) A New Hope

Edited by Uxi