Masterpiece Roy Fokker Pre Order?

If you can get it for that price, you might be able to flip it on eBay and make a little money. But more likely than not, it's a mistake at BBTS.

Around here, the MPC's aren't well regarded. You might look into a Yamato instead.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=13716

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=6477

Welcome to Macross World.

I sold my MPC Roy a while back for $260. I never looked regretted it. :lol:

Some moron actually paid you $260 for it? You are talking USD right? Even in Canadian dollars, you ahve to be a complete muppet to pay that much for a Master Peice of Crap.

I sold my MPC Roy a while back for $260.  I never looked regretted it.  :lol:

Some moron actually paid you $260 for it? You are talking USD right? Even in Canadian dollars, you ahve to be a complete muppet to pay that much for a Master Peice of Crap.

Yes. Here's proof:

MPC Auction

I sold my MPC Roy a while back for $260.  I never looked regretted it.   :lol:

Yes. Here's proof:

MPC Auction

I believe it. Robotechies wants the VF-1S badly. It is the favorite among both Macross and Robotech fans alike. It is that the quality between the MPC and the 1/48 yammie is that the yammies is the best. MPCs are regarded as the bottom IMO. Here is how I rank them:

1. 1/48 Yamato

2. 1/60 Yamato

3. 1/55 Bandai

4. 1/55 Toynami MPC

I own the MPC 1-5, Armor Appendix A-C. The only one I bought full price was the VF-1J Rick Hunter. After I received it, I was really disappointed. The damn thing does look good as a fighter. You gotta remember this was before my conversion to Macross when I was still a Robotech fan. I wrote a nasty email to Robotech.com and told them this wasnt up to snuff compared to the 1/60 Yammie. (I bought the TRU CF release one and was impressed.) Still I thought they are the only game in town since I didnt know that Yamato would make the VF-1J 1/60s. I mean they were making the DYRL ones at the time. After coming here, I discovered the 1/48s but I thought they were too expensive... till I bought my first 1/48: the low vis. I still remember that. August 2003 I got my Low vis from Ebay. Then it went downhill from there... I was on a buying spree of 1/48s till Feb 2005... In part I can thank toynami for steering me to the right path as a Macross fan not a Robotech fan. I guess you can say the 1/48 converted me... ahh the memories. :D:lol: Anyways to sum it up, the MPCs are the only items I have had buyers remorse.

Yeah, I bought a MPC Max when I decided that the Yammiest Fanime were too pricey. It's ok for 30 bucks, but I still want a 1/48. Fanime's coming up again, and I may get one if I save up enough. Out of curiousity, how much would a goof price be for a 1/48 at a con? Part of the reason I got the MPC instead was because it looked like the dealers were jacking up the price.

After coming here, I discovered the 1/48s but I thought they were too expensive... till I bought my first 1/48: the low vis.

OMG. You actually considered price? With all of the Gazillion valks you currently have, price was actually a consideration at one point?

Well, I guess you're human after all. Or at least you were at one point. :D

joel(BBTS) is probably the only vendor who crazy enough to stock them. i'd imagine he got quite the deal on them since he usually more expensive than most e-tailers so you figured he paid maybe $20 each for them and toynami was elated to have a return customer. :p

Toynami never finished the production run on the initial MPC VF1S. Demand has built up, enough to get Toynami to do another run.

-K

Wow so there's even less than 15000 units out there? Maybe that's why they are almost hitting Low Viz like prices. :rolleyes::lol: People are funny.

260 bucks... it's official. The world has gone mad.

For the first time I wish I had bought an MPC Roy.

The only one I bought was the cannon fodder, and I got that for 15 bucks and customised its ugly ass.

Well, if they're re-issuing the Fokker maybe they'll give us a TV Max at some point? I still don't get anyone who could praise a 1/60 Yammy and bash the Toynami VFs... I like to think they both suck equally but at least the MPCs transform. I do have to question a company's ethics that releases a limited edition collectible and then fails to limit its numbers...

SHIET.

Makes me wish I bought some Fokker Toynami's when they were selling real cheap. :lol:

I would have sold em for a nice price and picked up two Yammie 48's. :lol:

I'm sure they're going to pull something stupid like call it the DYRL version and re-release the exact same thing if they're doing that. they need some sort of lame excuse if the production run of the 1S is finished already.

that's some shady shiet HG and Toynami...I'll be a happy man the day both those companies go out of business. :angry:

Edited by Eternal_D

You know, I think it'd be even worse than that. What they'd probably do is just not include the gold certificate in the book (or put a number anywhere on it) and not put Roy's portrait on the outside of the box to distinguish it from the original 15K. That's kinda what they did with the appendix A reissues. I'm still really hoping this is just rumor though. Maybe they'll give us a DYRL Hik VF-1S instead :) Oh man, I can sense a lot of MWers just got the urge to throw a brick at me.