1/48 CANNON FODDER!

Anubis

hey dont panic just yet. Maybe Noel or some of the members in japan can give us more info. Howard? Rob>? Renato?

Right now, the Shizuoka Hobby Show is in the trade only portion, 12th through the 13th. It wont be open to the public till saturday and sunday. I was debating on going, but its over halfway to Tokyo. Would cost alot to go and dont have enough cash on hand to pick up extra CF`s.

Hey its cool Howard. understandable.

As for the stability and such...my 1/60 hikkie falls apart all the time while my 1/48 is friggn puyre bliss. HOLDS poses, good poses, more dynamic, and hell nowhere near as fragile as alot of people say so.

Purely stable and hell fun to play with. More fun to mess with than the 1/60....a ton more. You can even pretend the 1.60 does not even exist once you get the 1/48. I think the 1/60 is only good if your at your deskjob bored to hell and want something to mess with for a small while everytime you have a 5 minute break. Otherwise the legs off transformation absolutely killed a lot of the playability for me(unlike the 1/.55 and 1.48)

If Yamato makes a 1/48 Kakizaki VF-1S form DYRL it will have to be a limited run. I'm wondering it the 1/48 CF will be available in two versions; one with/without fastpacks.

More likely I would think a VF-1S Max would be more plausible.

And why is that? :huh:

If you mean why is a Max 1S more plausible than a Kakizaki 1S? The answer is simple: Kakizaki never flew a 1S and Max did, albeit briefly. Kakizaki bought the farm in his 1A in both the series and the movie...big lug could never catch a break; hence, no VF-1S for the big guy.

And why is that?  :huh:

If you mean why is a Max 1S more plausible than a Kakizaki 1S? The answer is simple: Kakizaki never flew a 1S and Max did, albeit briefly. Kakizaki bought the farm in his 1A in both the series and the movie...big lug could never catch a break; hence, no VF-1S for the big guy.

jew talkin to me mang....

post-4-1115925870_thumb.jpg

off topic...

thanks dudes.

i wasn't sure about the shade of green so i just matched it with the green skull sticker. its actually a bit darker but the flash brightened it up a bit.

back on topic....

i honestly doubt they'll be making a 1S max or another varient we want. its possible but i think they'll follow suit with the 1/60 line if anything.

it'll be a damn shame if they do since i had to sacrifice a 1/48 for the head and wing to make the 1S max.

The sad thing is that they could release both with very little effort.

For a 1S Max, all they would have to do is swap the heads.

For a DYRL 1A Kakizaki, all they would have to do is load green paint into the machine instead of red, yellow, or blue.

Both pretty freaking simple mods if you ask me.

The sad thing is that they could release both with very little effort.

For a 1S Max, all they would have to do is swap the heads.

For a DYRL 1A Kakizaki, all they would have to do is load green paint into the machine instead of red, yellow, or blue.

Both pretty freaking simple mods if you ask me.

well swap heads and the right wing.

Well, if they're willing to release the CF, there may still be hope for at least a DYRL Kakizaki since he's just a repaint as well. I just wish they would try and sell us a valk that wasn't from the vf-1 line. Did the MacPlus line not sell very well or something?

I understand that the exchange rate/fuel prices/limited availability is driving this price, but damn, $160? :o

This is getting out of my price range for a 1/48 without fastpacks...

More for everybody else that's willing to pay I guess! :p

Ack! It's Kakizaki's ghost. :o

Very nice custom indeed. That green tone looks just about spot on. ;)

Yeah, Haterist, that is cool. You know you're losing a war when your putting pilots like Kakizaki in a -1S to lead -- Skull squadron would have to be renamed F Troop.

I think in the long term they will just milk this line and release DYRL Kakizaki. I really can't think of a reason why they wouldn't if they bothered with CF. It just makes sense if they want sales from the completist.

Now imagine having the all the central characters from the movie displayed? (think of all the fast pack kits they'd sell?)

By releasing as many different variations of of the vf1 that made appearances and spreading them out wisely, they can appeal to the hardcore fan who wants everything. I don't think we'll see a 1d until they've totally milked the existing one seaters. If they did release a DYRL Kakizaki or any other valk, I hope they would come in fast packs bundles too. I don't see the point of having to buy the fast pack seperate and given that they might be harder to find I don't want to have to pay high price to dress a naked valk. I would much prefer a set with the fast pack included similar to what hapened with max&milia and tv 1j hik. (I'm still hoping for a off-white tv vf1s Hikaru w FP. :D)

And free rubber hands for all future DYRL releases as a thanks to the fans! :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think in the long term they will just milk this line and release DYRL Kakizaki. I really can't think of a reason why they wouldn't if they bothered with CF. It just makes sense if they want sales from the completist.

Now imagine having the all the central characters from the movie displayed? (think of all the fast pack kits they'd sell?)

By releasing as many different variations of of the vf1 that made appearances and spreading them out wisely, they can appeal to the hardcore fan who wants everything. I don't think we'll see a 1d until they've totally milked the existing one seaters. If they did release a DYRL Kakizaki or any other valk, I hope they would come in fast packs bundles too. I don't see the point of having to buy the fast pack seperate and given that they might be harder to find I don't want to have to pay high price to dress a naked valk. I would much prefer a set with the fast pack included similar to what hapened with max&milia and tv 1j hik. (I'm still hoping for a off-white tv vf1s Hikaru w FP. :D)

And free rubber hands for all future DYRL releases as a thanks to the fans! :D

I really thin that is your own personal opinion. There are some people out there that love the CF, and not others. And they are not completists.

So no news frmo other sellers about a run of CF's coming into their inventory? Kevin?

i see that you will order 30 CF to make up to a hundred 1/48...

much brown i sense in you :p

Heh, I forgot about you. :p

I will only buy enough. I don't want to make it to the magic number "100" just for the sake of having "100" valks. If I only need 100 valks, then so be it.

I want 18 of them. I plan to convert four to VF-1Ds with Captain america kits. Methinks the tan matches the Hikaru VF-1D tan parts perfectly. I think I can do it and still have a PT valk to play with, as the parts I need to paint orange are not articulated! No paint chipping! Yeah!

Ack! It's Kakizaki's ghost. :o

Very nice custom indeed.  That green tone looks just about spot on. ;)

Yeah, Haterist, that is cool. You know you're losing a war when your putting pilots like Kakizaki in a -1S to lead -- Skull squadron would have to be renamed F Troop.

LOL! :lol: mofo said F troop! i use to love that show. :p

yeah i hear yeah but my green 1S is piloted by Captain Hater himself and he takes no prisoners! :p:D:lol:

Here's a Japan link on the CF which states August release too but bablefish say Hobby Show Limitation again. I noticed from a couple of websites that shows the CF and having translated via bablefish, mentions last variation. Could it be the CF will be the last type of VF-1 to come out for Yamato.

Here's the link.

http://noda-ya.com/html/syohin/figure/02000233.htm

Edited by Valk-1S

Ok ppl, Amenbo has it up too and it says Limited Edition. Shipping in August. So either two variations or all are LE.

http://www.amenbo.com/cgi-bin/list/toys/macrross/new1-e.cgi

Another website in Japan stating Shizuoka hobby show limited commodities.

http://store.yahoo.co.jp/tj-grosnet/tym002.html

Edited by Valk-1S

After looking through numerous Japan websites, in my opinion its either a LE or it's not. My reason is that in all the Japan website I've seen, release date is August and none of them have put up both variations. It either says LE or it doesn't. The other possibility could be initial orders will be LE and later orders will be normal production.

Edited by Valk-1S

I don't think that it will be a LE version or if it is, there won't be another production run version. Didn't that TRU Exclusive 1/60 followed by the normal CF piss some people off and hurt Yamato's credibility in the eyes of it's customers? I don't hink that they will be doing that again. I mean, look at the 1/48 LV. Yamato knows that they can make another big fat bonus income for their extended families if they released another production run. But they didn't. Why? Because now they learned that LE is LE. Methinks that this is just the first ones off the conveyor belt that they are delivering tot he Hobby Show, and the rest will be on the shelves of your favourite dealers when the production run is fully finished and ready to ship. Yamato will be shooting themselves in the foot if they put out a LE valk again, there is just too much demand for any of the variants.

Could be LE as a marketing gimmick. The 1/60 CF didn't sell to well, so Yamato may put a LE on it to sell better learning on how well the LV did. Besides a LE CF can have more in production than the LV. As long as production is set to a fix number.

Could be LE as a marketing gimmick. The 1/60 CF didn't sell to well, so Yamato may put a LE on it to sell better learning on how well the LV did. Besides a LE CF can have more in production than the LV. As long as production is set to a fix number.

I dont think the Low Viz did well

if something does well for a maker,

it should sell and sell and sell

putting a limited production on an item that gets finally sold out after time does not indicate doing well

remember, the Low Viz was not snapped up within days

and if Limited Edition does well

Yamato will follow suit to come up with Limited Editions after Limited Editions

My sentiments

Noel

You got a good point there. Forgotten how I got my Low Vis months after released at sellers normal price still.

Maybe Yamato just making used of the current hype of the term LE. Ppl are now crazy for the LV due to it being LE and not being able to get it unless they are willing to pay more than 3 times the orginal amount. Putting an LE on the CF will immediately put into ppls mind about the LV and that if they don't buy it now it will be gone and will cost more down the track.

After looking through numerous Japan websites, in my opinion its either a LE or it's not.

I think we all figured that out lol ;)

Yamato will probably put limited edition(even though its not) on the box figure that fans will gobble them up. I don't mean to offend/insult anyone...but at times Macross fans(like myself) can be easy marks... Yamato knows we're hungry.

I'll be buying at least 2.

After looking through numerous Japan websites, in my opinion its either a LE or it's not.

I think we all figured that out lol ;)

There were some speculation there may be two variations a LE for the Hobby Show and a standard production. Not everyone thought it was one or the other. And lol to you too ;)

I am sure there will be enough qty of it to go round,

just like when the Low Viz was 1st released, we can still see it in the shops in Japan weeks after its release.

So there should really not be a need for a hype on this Cannon Fodder,

:)

Noel

wise words from a wise man. :)

i know all this hoop-la is exciting but no one knows how "limited" these will be? we still have no "official" number as far as the LV, so they could make 50000 and still call it limited.

and as BA mentioned, the LV took quite a while to sell it out. the demand for them got high ONLY after when one MW'er posted that someone paid a pretty penny for them. then it was a feeding frenzy for re-sellers and gougers and desperate morons that didn't know any better.

I am sure there will be enough qty of it to go round,

just like when the Low Viz was 1st released, we can still see it in the shops in Japan weeks after its release.

So there should really not be a need for a hype on this Cannon Fodder,

:)

Noel

wise words from a wise man. :)

So, I guess my (same) words a few days ago were wise words from an idiot? :p

Well, I doubt you'd have to do that for the CF even if it is limited in a similar way (which nobody is sure of as we're all just speculating). . . the Low Vis didn't sell out very fast in the beginning. They were there for the taking for any motivated buyer for months. Only after they sold out did the price go through the roof.

I guess maybe the CF will have higher demand. . . and I'm totally guessing here. . . but I doubt they'll be hard to get upon initial release. But don't wait too long before biting the bullet and buying. . . or you probably will be in LV-ville.

Seriously though, even though we're all hedging our bets by pre-ordering, I don't think we'll have any trouble getting our hands on some CF-goodness.

H

LOL! sorry man, i only read the last few posts when i check a thread. :lol:

i first posted when it was on page 2, by the time i came back to it, it was at page 8.....there was no reason to read 6 pages of "cool", "wow", "awesome", "i'm getting one", "i'm getting 10". etc. etc. etc. :lol: