Eureka 7

Aegis!

So , long time i started a topic here :lol:

Right, I´ll go to the point then.

I just finnished whatching Eureka 7 and all I have to say is ...niiice , ok ok i have more than that but what can I say IT IS nice , here are my impressions listed down :

- Nice mecha designs; Kawamori ginally has left his AC-style behind and he´s acomplished his job in making original designs at last; somehow the main mecha reminds me of the VF-19Kai , NO there are not clowny faced mechas here , it´s just the face has a similar ¨chin¨ IMO.

- AWESOME animation ; you thought Itano Circus famous missile-fest was nice ? well expect the same kind of fluid vertiginous movements only this time it´s the mechas that do it. I have to say I was expecting to absolutely HATE all the surfing mecha thingy but it actually was cool :)

- The chatacters ; mmm , the kid feels almost like Naota´s lost clone from Fooly Cooly/FLCL , in fact , almost all the introductory scenes felt like watching Fooly Coolyall over again :blink::unsure:

The seeting : well , as I said it´s really similar to the one featured in FLCL but there seems to be a lot more of background story behind this world. Not much to tell from one episode.

The music : nothing spectacular really , the intro is decent but not catchy IMO.

So yes , Kawamori and BONES does make a good couple , and yes I DO whish bandai or someone else makes a toy line out of Eureka7 :lol:

post-26-1114732630_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aegis!

I suppose no one gives a poo about this new BONES/Kawamori project :huh:<_<:(

I wasn´t expecting Aquarion to get more attention than Eureka 7 but whatever , people have tastes so...

could a mod please delete this topic please , it´s clear no one has interest on posting the smallest of opinions here.

Cheers.

could a mod please delete this topic please , it´s clear no one has interest on posting the smallest of opinions here.

Whoa Aegis, take a chill pill there.

I guess not many people are posting as hardly anybody has watched it yet.

Renato did start a thread on this about a week ago as well, but only 5 people posted there. Just give it time.

Graham

I have interest but as Graham said, only two eps are available in english and no toys are out yet (first one due next month), it's also a lot slower getting setup then Aquarion so not a lot to talk about just yet.

I do like the direction it's taking and I like the way that the members of the resistance group are portrayed. I was particulary surprsied to discover that I actually like Holland as I didn't think I would.

I really have no clue what this show is like or about.

Is SK behind the mech designs or the actual story as well?

Is it angst filled or are there adult characters?

What are the mecha fights like?

Is it more comedy based? Is it a serious drama show?

How long is it suppose to be?

Are there fansubs out for it or just raws?

I really have no clue what this show is like or about.

Is SK behind the mech designs or the actual story as well?

Just the mecha designs.

Is it angst filled or are there adult characters?

Only two kids are pilots, the rest of the resistance group is made up of late teens to twenty (maybe thrity) somethings.

What are the mecha fights like?

Cool, lots of swirly missiles like Seed and the surfing is done very nicely. Some of the pilots use the boards as blades.

Is it more comedy based? Is it a serious drama show?

A bit of romantic comedy and a couple of small moments of good humour here and there but mostly serious.

How long is it suppose to be?

26 eps as far as I know.

Are there fansubs out for it or just raws?

Eps 1 & 2 have been fansubbed by Nanashi, so far they're the only group showing any interest but they're nice subs so I'm not complaning.

Whoa Aegis, take a chill pill there.

I guess not many people are posting as hardly anybody has watched it yet.

Renato did start a thread on this about a week ago as well, but only 5 people posted there. Just give it time.

Graham

Sorry if I it came out as a complaint cause I actually wasn´t mad about no one posting just surprised since Eureka recieved a lot more positive expectations from people here than Aquarion did , considering its a BONES production and Kawamori is involved.

One thing I have to give E7 credits for is that so far , and excluding any similarities to Fooly Cooly´s setting/characters , Eureka 7 actually offers some original and fresh new storyline , meaning there are no angsty teen pilots, no religious plot devices , no senseless reasons for the protagonist to be piloting a mecha etc...

and most importantly : Itano-Circusesque missile fest escenes.

Also , for those complaining about Kawamori´s recent mecha designs resembling AC a bit TOO much , then you´ll be happy to hear the hory froating head actually put time into the designs and made them unique.

So this is licensed by Bandai, right? Is the first DVD out already or are you guys talking about fansubs? I'm itching to see this show after reading about it.

YEap. Fortmax couldn't have put it any better. Here is a "happy" mecha story....its almost fantasy-esque style. Not your usual angsty war bishounen with religious undertones. Looks like BONES is going for something like Mars Day Break. ;)

So this is licensed by Bandai, right? Is the first DVD out already or are you guys talking about fansubs? I'm itching to see this show after reading about it.

AFAIK no one has licensed E7 outside of Japan , so yes , we´re talking about subs. :lol:

According to ANN Bandai has already licensed the show. Animesuki seems to be under this impression as well and are not carrying the fansubs. If you guys know where I could get a fansub or two I'd be much obliged. No clue when or if Bandai will release it, and besides I'd like to see how it is before I drop the cash for a DVD.

If the show is as good as people have been saying, I'll definitely nab the DVDs and get the rest of my weekly anime group hooked on it as well. They loved Plus and Zero, after all.

If it's licensed, then probably shouldn't be posting links to it.

Anyway, I watched the first couple eps and thought it was pretty good. The animation is wonderful, as are the designs especially the chara designs. Music is forgetable. The story looks like it could be good, but hard to say yet at this point.

Sorry... I'd been watching the main page at animesuki, and they didn't have any links or mention of it. Until someone mentioned in this thread that Nanashi was fansubbing it, I'd just assumed people were watching the raws.

Going to download now...

Renato did start a thread on this about a week ago as well, but only 5 people posted there.

Yeah, those were good times. <_<

Bariaburu Faita and Samurai Monkey, or anyone in the Hankyu Railway area may be interested in the "Eureka Seven Stamp Rally" that's going on for another couple of weeks or so (you may have seen the posters on the train). You can win a PSP. And a sticker. Yay. Hell, if you need to come all the way to Katsura to get one, I'll even meet you there since I just moved to Kyoto. I'm in Tokyo at the moment, though, so it'll have to be next week.

Watched the first episode. The animation was very pretty, the directing is nice, the drawing style borders between generic and unique in different ways but the overall effect is nice. I can see why so many people are comparing it to FLCL. The main character's introductory monologue is very much like the first episode of FLCL, and the drawying style and designs are heavily reminiscent. Same designer? I wouldn't be surprised. Yet different enough that I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a heavy or shared influences. The character designs (something that is separate from the actual drawing style) are very nice, a good mix of modern and retro design asthetics. I could see these characters walking around in the movie Metropolis, or again FLCL.

The story seems very cliche at this point, laughably so. I'm interested enough to go onto the next episode, but find myself hoping that something comes up quickly to keep me interested.

I'll probably watch the second episode tonight after work.

I actually have less of a problem with the surfing robots now that I've seen the idea in action. I really dig the mecha designs and the main robot's transformation. About the only cliche they drop, in fact, is in that they don't make a big deal of the transforming robot. Not even mentioned, it just does.

About the only cliche they drop, in fact, is in that they don't make a big deal of the transforming robot. Not even mentioned, it just does.

When transforming to robot mode, the transformation should always consist of a long drawn out sequence, culminating in the mecha striking a heroic pose :lol:

Graham

Here's more..dunno what THIS is...looks fugly.

That looks like the Trans Model of the Nilvarsh type zero, something like a cross between an MSIA and a transformer. ;)

On HLJ allready, 3 different mechs slated for release, Nilvarsh is first unsurprisingly in June followed by Hollands purply robot in July and the blue one so far seen only breifly in the intro.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932880

Edit, the dates have changed and one more mech has been announced.

Nirvarsh type Zero - July

Terminus type 909 (Holland) - July

Terminus type 808 (unknown) - August

Terminus type 606 - (Mathieu & Stoner) - ?

These are all 2'800yen and are pretty nice designs. Very interested to see if they bother to do a cockpit shield for the 606 and how they do the panels on the sides of the legs in vehicle mode for all 3 Termini.

Looking forward to these. :D

Edited by Fort Max

Just watched episode 3. Full of laughs and action. I'm really liking this series. Wheeee!! Holland walks around in his underwear on the ship. :lol:

The Gecko-Go sorta reminds me of the ship in Kiddy Grade.

Renato did start a thread on this about a week ago as well, but only 5 people posted there.

Yeah, those were good times. <_<

Bariaburu Faita and Samurai Monkey, or anyone in the Hankyu Railway area may be interested in the "Eureka Seven Stamp Rally" that's going on for another couple of weeks or so (you may have seen the posters on the train). You can win a PSP. And a sticker. Yay. Hell, if you need to come all the way to Katsura to get one, I'll even meet you there since I just moved to Kyoto. I'm in Tokyo at the moment, though, so it'll have to be next week.

Yuck, stamp rallys <_< Silly ploy to get people to ride trains back and forth, and in circles. Sorry I`m going to pass on that one.