XBOX 360?

Ladic

Could these possible be Xbox 360 game pics???

http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/screen.asp?id=8921

I'd say it's fairly possible, if the video of the next-gen Madden they played during the NFL draft is any indication (you should be able to check it out at IGN, I didn't sleep enough and I'm too lazy to look for a specific link).

Madden footage on XBox 360, taken from xbox2-news.com

Edit:I did a little more reading and apparently it isn't actual game footage.

"IGN.com interviewed people involved with the next generation Madden. They were told that the commercial being shown was not from the XBOX 360, only what they expected it to look like. Evidently the actual Madden game turned out better then the graphics shown in the commercial."

"Exactly what he said. IGN saw the commercial, and said this was an artist's rendition of what Next Gen Madden could look like, and not actually a running version of it. They did, however, talk to some people from Tiberon (the developer), who said they actually didn't want the commercial shown, because at first they thought it would create expectations they couldn't reach, but after working with the hardware, they found they could go beyond that. That is pretty cool."

Edited by Oihan

I've checked out a few Atari 2600 Atari games, and frankly, I can't believe people actually played them.

Man, you kids today...

You just have no clue what the world was like before you graced it with your presence, do you? Seriously...maybe next you can comment on some old silent B&W movie you saw on late night PBS, and marvel that people "actually watched it." Or perhaps you can test drive a car thats more than 25 years old, and report on how disappointing its 3-speed manual tranny was. Or you could pick on 8-tracks, AM radio, carbureted engines, and betamax.

You're free to share your opinions here, but you're going to have to realize that you have zero perspective on how the tech we have today came to be. Saying that you take things for granted is putting it lightly.

Well did say he had a Commodore 64 and Odyessey those are old. The 2600 and Colecovision were my favorites back then.

Ya Atati 2600 games are to hard to play now. I don't find them interesting like I did back in the early 80's. The 2600 had the worst versions of Pac-Man and Donkey Kong ever lol

I've seen some worse versions surface.

Usually as poorly-done efforts at making a flash game.

I've checked out a few Atari 2600 Atari games, and frankly, I can't believe people actually played them.

Man, you kids today...

You just have no clue what the world was like before you graced it with your presence, do you? Seriously...maybe next you can comment on some old silent B&W movie you saw on late night PBS, and marvel that people "actually watched it." Or perhaps you can test drive a car thats more than 25 years old, and report on how disappointing its 3-speed manual tranny was. Or you could pick on 8-tracks, AM radio, carbureted engines, and betamax.

You're free to share your opinions here, but you're going to have to realize that you have zero perspective on how the tech we have today came to be. Saying that you take things for granted is putting it lightly.

Well did say he had a Commodore 64 and Odyessey those are old. The 2600 and Colecovision were my favorites back then.

Ya Atati 2600 games are to hard to play now. I don't find them interesting like I did back in the early 80's. The 2600 had the worst versions of Pac-Man and Donkey Kong ever lol

I've seen some worse versions surface.

Usually as poorly-done efforts at making a flash game.

Impossible lol. Donkey Kong looked liked a turd at the top of the screen and Pac-Man didn't even look like Pac-Man. KC Munchkin looked like it more lol. I remember my Dad bitching how bad Pac-man was for the 2600. After that we soon got Colecovision where my Dad was addicted to Zaxxon. Colecovison also had an Atati 2600 adaptor that you plugged into the front expansion bay. Imagine that nowadays lol

Impossible lol. Donkey Kong looked liked a turd at the top of the screen and Pac-Man didn't even look like Pac-Man. KC Munchkin looked like it more lol.

Donkey Kong actually PLAYED all right, though.

Never mind that there wasn't enough ROM space for all 4 playfields.

Colecovison also had an Atati 2600 adaptor that you plugged into the front expansion bay. Imagine that nowadays lol

Seen a few for GameBoy and NES.

Coelco actually got sued over that and their Gemini console(which was a 2600 clone), for what it's worth. They settled out of court for a good sum of money, if I recall my history right.

Man, you kids today...

No perspective? Do you even realize that I've been playing videogames more or less since there even were videogames?

Look, I'm not saying that those early efforts were meaningless. You gotta start somewhere, right? But 90% of those old games didn't age well. Aknowledging that is not a lack of prespective or an ignorance of how tech evolved. It's an affirmation of that evolution (which is fitting, since we are talking about the next generation of console gaming). To argue anything else shows a perpsective clouded by nostalgia.

Or perhaps you'd prefer we were still listening to 8-tracks?

Coelco actually got sued over that and their Gemini console(which was a 2600 clone), for what it's worth. They settled out of court for a good sum of money, if I recall my history right.

They did? I think my family had a Gemini console, I know the thing didn't say Atari on it. I think my dad still has the odessey and the 2600 in his basement somewhere. and some white colored thing that only plays pong.

I still have my Atari 800XL, Commodore 64, Atari 1040ST in the basement next to my Macross toys boxes. The 1040ST is actually hooked up to it's monitor cuz I was playing Gauntlet, Sundog and Obliterator earlier this year. I think the Amiga might be in my parents' attic along with my NES, SNES, TurboGraphx16, Sega Master, 32X, and PS1.

hahaha, man, I'm old!

We just rearranged the living room last night and spent hours playing Halo2 online and I don't know if we'll actually get the next Xbox because we looked at what we were doing with the Xbox, all we do is Halo 2.

I hardly touched Mechassault, my son hasn't even opened NFS and NFS2 that someone bought for his birthday. Bought DOA2 super edition whatever just to get a kasumi mini-figure and played it for 1 hour. oh well.

so unless Halo 3 comes out on the system, I don't think we'll get it. nor the PS3 since I still do most of my gaming on PC.

and I like to build a new PC for myself almost every other year...

Edited by Chowser

so unless Halo 3 comes out on the system, I don't think we'll get it.

Halo 3 on Xbox 360 is a given. It's just a question of when. The word is that it's not going to be a launch game, but that Microsoft plans to hold it and release it whatever day Sony decided to launch the PS3.

No perspective? Do you even realize that I've been playing videogames more or less since there even were videogames?

Look, I'm not saying that those early efforts were meaningless. You gotta start somewhere, right? But 90% of those old games didn't age well. Aknowledging that is not a lack of prespective or an ignorance of how tech evolved. It's an affirmation of that evolution (which is fitting, since we are talking about the next generation of console gaming). To argue anything else shows a perpsective clouded by nostalgia.

You completely missed my point. Of course those old games are garbage, and nearly unplayable. It's called hindsight. But nobody questioned it back in "the day" because that's all there was! We played them bcause they were the first and only video games out there, and nobody dreamed that we'd have any consoles remotely like what we have today. We sure as hell didn't sit around and complain about how much better Tekken 3 was going to be compared to Intellivision Boxing.

No perspective?  Do you even realize that I've been playing videogames more or less since there even were videogames?

Look, I'm not saying that those early efforts were meaningless.  You gotta start somewhere, right?  But 90% of those old games didn't age well.  Aknowledging that is not a lack of prespective or an ignorance of how tech evolved.  It's an affirmation of that evolution (which is fitting, since we are talking about the next generation of console gaming).  To argue anything else shows a perpsective clouded by nostalgia. 

You completely missed my point. Of course those old games are garbage, and nearly unplayable. It's called hindsight. But nobody questioned it back in "the day" because that's all there was! We played them bcause they were the first and only video games out there, and nobody dreamed that we'd have any consoles remotely like what we have today. We sure as hell didn't sit around and complain about how much better Tekken 3 was going to be compared to Intellivision Boxing.

No. You sat there complainng how much better INTV Baseball was next to 2600 Baseball, in the first console war. :p

No perspective?  Do you even realize that I've been playing videogames more or less since there even were videogames?

Look, I'm not saying that those early efforts were meaningless.  You gotta start somewhere, right?  But 90% of those old games didn't age well.  Aknowledging that is not a lack of prespective or an ignorance of how tech evolved.  It's an affirmation of that evolution (which is fitting, since we are talking about the next generation of console gaming).  To argue anything else shows a perpsective clouded by nostalgia. 

Yeah, but you pretty much took that one quote out of the context of the rest of the post and railed on it. At that point, JB0 and I were talking more about emulation vs. playing with a 15+ year old console. The context of my post was more along the lines of how I owned several old consoles, but have cleared them out in favor of newer ones, and that while I use emulation for NES and SNES games, the Atari 2600 stuff is basically crap... as in not worth the time to emulate, and not particularly worth it (to me) to try to build a collection along the lines of JB0's. In that discussion, that's a reasonable point.

Outside the context of the discussion, you've inaccurately and unfairly portrayed me as some snot-nosed teenager who's first taste of gaming was PSone at best, and as someone who has no respect for gaming's roots, which isn't even close to the truth. Then, when I defend myself, you admit that my statement is correct, then just try to say that it's asinine to make it because it's unfair to compare those early games against the latest and next-gen stuff. But if you'll put that quote back into its original context, I'm not saying anything like "Atari is teh suxorz cuz Xbox RULZ!" I'm saying that most of those old 2600 games are ugly and borderline unplayable, and therefore not worth the trouble of emulating (or even blowing $20 on one of those retro collections floating around).

I strike down ignorance wherever I see it.

The sad part is...I'm sure you actually see it that way. Whatever, this is lame.

:rolleyes:

So whose going to E3 to check out the rest of the next gen stuff?

If I wanted to, I could. Apparently, videogame store clerks are considered part of the industry. However, it'd have to be on my own dollar, so I'll pass this year.

I saw an article on Famitsu about the Xbox 360 RPG called Blue Dragon, created by the father of FF.... all I can say is.... can you be more generic then that? Its basically a Dragon Quest clone.

I suppose you don't want to know that Akira Toriyama is doing the character designs for Blue Dragon?

To my way of thinking, yeah, Blue Dragon does seem to be your run of the mill Japanese RPG. And for those of us with multiple consoles, we might be thinking "So what?" But Japanese style RPGs are a genre that the current Xbox has been sorely lacking. That lack has left the Xbox with next to no share of the console market in Japan.

Now, run of the mill or not, Blue Dragon has some big names attached to it, and it's likely to generate a buzz in Japan. Microsoft has managed to come in second worldwide, but if they really want to get anywhere, they need to make gains in Japan, and Blue Dragon is a major step in that direction.

pfft *kicks abomb's shins* I like dragon quest.

I love Dragon Quest, btw.

I suppose you don't want to know that Akira Toriyama is doing the character designs for Blue Dragon?

To my way of thinking, yeah, Blue Dragon does seem to be your run of the mill Japanese RPG. And for those of us with multiple consoles, we might be thinking "So what?" But Japanese style RPGs are a genre that the current Xbox has been sorely lacking. That lack has left the Xbox with next to no share of the console market in Japan.

Now, run of the mill or not, Blue Dragon has some big names attached to it, and it's likely to generate a buzz in Japan. Microsoft has managed to come in second worldwide, but if they really want to get anywhere, they need to make gains in Japan, and Blue Dragon is a major step in that direction.

I love Akira Toruyama's character designs, don't get me wrong. The whole set up just screams Dragon Quest, and thats my point. I love Dragon Quest, but I was expecting that, after so much noise about Mistwalkers, they would come out with something different, not just more of the same.

And as far as I'm concerned, MS isn't going to gain space in the Japanese market by releasing crap that has been released in the PS2 and everyone knows is good already. 1 Dragon Quest clone isn't going to save MS in japan. Unless they secure some real brand names, no matter how generic we think they are (think Final Fantasy), Mistwalker isn't the key to japan.

Edited by Abombz!!

Outside the context of the discussion, you've inaccurately and unfairly portrayed me as some snot-nosed teenager who's first taste of gaming was PSone at best,

Dude, I'm glad you're getting that cuz I could have just told you straight up that's how you come off in almost ALL the game related discussions in the past year. Like it's all about graphics, you have allt he answers cuz you work for Gamestop and not much else. Not saying that's exactly how you are but it is how you come off as. Anyways....

Once again, JBO, please give me back my mind. LOL

Latest rumor is that Perfect Dark Zero will be a launch title and "do what Halo did for the X-box".

There's another rumor that PDZ may have an X-box live element during single-player gaming. Not only will there be the standard deathmatching, co-op, etc., but they're making it so common enemies you face in single player can actually be controlled by other people over Live. If true, sounds interesting.

I hope SEGA trys to bring SCUD RACER and DAYTONA-2 to XBOX360 or PS3, even if they old game (not so) at least as greatest hits.

The closest we'll see are the Scud Race and Daytona 2 courses that were included in Outrun2. As fun as Scud Race was, Outrun2 has much better gameplay so I'm perfectly fine with that.

Latest rumor is that Perfect Dark Zero will be a launch title and "do what Halo did for the X-box".

There's another rumor that PDZ may have an X-box live element during single-player gaming. Not only will there be the standard deathmatching, co-op, etc., but they're making it so common enemies you face in single player can actually be controlled by other people over Live. If true, sounds interesting.

Gives the annoying kids something to do besides team-kill, anyways.

Wasn't that supposed to come out for the CURRENT XBox?

I saw an article on Famitsu about the Xbox 360 RPG called Blue Dragon, created by the father of FF.... all I can say is.... can you be more generic then that? Its basically a Dragon Quest clone.

Here's the pic if anyone needs it

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0505/game050502b.shtml

Very uninspired. Reeks of laziness. Akira Toriyama needs to reinvent himself.

I agree here. Even though I'm sick of japanese rpgs (I much prefer western ones now) after playing them to death, (thank you final fantasy and your primitive, random, repetitive, 10 second turn-based battles :D ) I think ms needs all the help it can get to fill in this gap to help broaden the appeal of thier console.

Remember that looks can be decieving. When ff7 came out for ps many thought it was great based on the graphics alone. Like an EA game, the presentation was there and the production value was impressive. But games like Suikoden which had the more traditional look, turned out in many ways more enjoyable and easier on the eyes. I think I had more enjoyment playing that then squares rpg. Better music, characters were more interesting, an epic feel to the game that let you control armies. Contrast this to a boring story involving the hunt for sephiroth (no emotional charge at all with any of the characters) and narrow decision making freedom and flat gameplay. (maps were also disorienting, like parts of a painting that you weren't sure was part of the background or an area you could explore unless you looked carefully)

Variety is the spice of life. Play too much or one thing, or over-represent one genre too much (when developers clone other developers work) and you pigeon hole the system and take away the excitment in gaming. It's not so much that MS has to conquer japan, just get thier foot in the door to please existing owners who might ordinarily have to get another console to play a japanese style rpg. This is one of the weaknesses of the xbox imo. No matter how you look at it, it's a positive thing to be able to fill the rpg gaps in the library.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

pfft *kicks abomb's shins* I like dragon quest.

I love Dragon Quest, btw.

I love Akira Toruyama's character designs, don't get me wrong. The whole set up just screams Dragon Quest, and thats my point. I love Dragon Quest, but I was expecting that, after so much noise about Mistwalkers, they would come out with something different, not just more of the same.

And as far as I'm concerned, MS isn't going to gain space in the Japanese market by releasing crap that has been released in the PS2 and everyone knows is good already. 1 Dragon Quest clone isn't going to save MS in japan. Unless they secure some real brand names, no matter how generic we think they are (think Final Fantasy), Mistwalker isn't the key to japan.

Well, I agree that Blue Dragon alone won't be enough. But it's a step in the right direction. And in Japan, if you're going to copy anything (not necessarily saying that you should), you might as well copy one of the most popular series of all time in Japan.

Haven't met enough Japanese to know if they're as jaded over clones as we are here in the States, but I do know that Blue Dragon is going to get a major marketing blitz, with ads already running in some magazines.

Umph.

It's ugly as hell, and I don't see it becoming endearing in a way the original XBox is. To be expected, Microsoft design sucks.

Looks like the controller is staying pretty much the same, which I don't mind because the current XBox controller is the most balanced on the market.

Halo 3 is inevitable (eventually) and XBox LIVE is the best thing to happen to video games in the last 10 years, so I'll probably be picking this up before the PS3 or Nintendo Revolution.

post-26-1115626602_thumb.jpg