Predator 2

NERV

Just saw it on TV, I don't know why ppl hate it so much, it wasnt as good as the first one, but it was good, anyway i was wondering, you know the scene with the trophy rack, you see a xenomorph skull, a human skull, and other misc skulls, are any of the other skulls from other scifi?

xenomorph would be the alien from alien B))

xeno- or xen-

pref.

1. Stranger; foreigner: xenophobia.

2. Strange; foreign; different: xenolith.

morph Pronunciation Key (môrf)

n.

One of various distinct forms of an organism or species.

It doesn't specifically relate to the aliens from the Alien series, just means aliens in general. Pretty sure the Marines in ALIENS used the word before even encountering the bugs.

xenomorph would be the alien from alien  B))

xeno- or xen-

pref.

1. Stranger; foreigner: xenophobia.

2. Strange; foreign; different: xenolith.

morph Pronunciation Key (môrf)

n.

One of various distinct forms of an organism or species.

It doesn't specifically relate to the aliens from the Alien series, just means aliens in general. Pretty sure the Marines in ALIENS used the word before even encountering the bugs.

I guess you're not a fan of aliens or a good general scifi fan because the Alien IS called THE Xenomorph. I believe the corporation calls it that.

Edited by ComicKaze

if you want to get technical then yes a xenomorph could be any could be prettymuch any living thing that you havent seen or isnt from around where you live, doesnt even have to be from a different but aside from 'alien' and 'xenomorph' they have no proper name, and xenomorph is the commonly accepted name for them, if i called it an alien skull, all the skulls are aliens too

Calling it THE xenomorph while it's the subject of the conversation doesn't make it the only Xenomorph they've encountered. The Marines have obviously been up against different species because they asked if it's "just another bug hunt." Especially if you're talking about your generic evil movie corporate types. They're most likely to use a generic term for anything or anyone.

if you want to get technical then yes a xenomorph could be any could be prettymuch any living thing that you havent seen or isnt from around where you live, doesnt even have to be from a different but aside from 'alien' and 'xenomorph' they have no proper name, and xenomorph is the commonly accepted name for them, if i called it an alien skull, all the skulls are aliens too

It's still doesn't answer the fact that that's the scene you're asking about.

That's the Alien skull in the middle and at the bottom you can see the human skullcap...

Calling it THE xenomorph while it's the subject of the conversation doesn't make it the only Xenomorph they've encountered.  The Marines have obviously been up against different species because they asked if it's "just another bug hunt."

Actually, in Aliens nobody believed Ripley that she had encountered an alien

lifeform, since no-one ever had encountered any alien life so far

(and the fact they colonized it without any finds of the derilict ship Nostromo's

crew found)

Edited by Nightbat®

Actually, in Aliens nobody believed Ripley that she had encountered an alien

lifeform, since no-one ever had encountered any alien life so far

(and the fact they colonized it without any finds of the derilict ship Nostromo's

crew found)

Frost: Hey, I sure wouldn't mind getting me some more of that Arcturian poontang! Remember that time?

Spunkmeyer: Yeah Frost, except the one you had was MALE.

Frost: It doesn't matter when it's Arcturian, baby!

I'd say they've encountered aliens before. :)

What they were saying at the board meeting was that they had never encountered an organism similar to the one Ripley had before.

Edited by Syngyne

Frost: Hey, I sure wouldn't mind getting me some more of that Arcturian poontang! Remember that time?

What they were saying at the board meeting was that they had never encountered an organism similar to the one Ripley had before.

Yeah you're right, they never were so detailed at the hearing about other lifeforms

from the script:

ECA REP

To be perfectly frank, we've surveyed over three hundred worlds and no one's

ever reported a creature which, using your words...

(read from Ripley's statement)

...'gestates in a living human host' and has 'concentrated molecular acid for blood.'

the one on the left looks like it could have been a predator at some point. maybe some badass criminal that posed a interesting big game hunt for some normal preds?

Yeah you're right, they never were so detailed at the hearing about other lifeforms

from the script:

ECA REP

...'gestates in a living human host' and has 'concentrated molecular acid for blood.'

Even then I would think that the company was lying. They seemed to be after the Aliens with a purpose. Even if they never had first hand account before the Nostromo, I'd say that they were an interstellar urban myth to those who had close contacts with other ETs.

from the script:

ECA REP

Even then I would think that the company was lying. They seemed to be after the Aliens with a purpose. Even if they never had first hand account before the Nostromo, I'd say that they were an interstellar urban myth to those who had close contacts with other ETs.

I don't think they knew it in the first place since they ordered the colony to send one of the many mom and pop survey teams instead of going to the planet personaly with a large well equipped team.

from the script:

ECA REP

I don't think they knew it in the first place since they ordered the colony to send one of the many mom and pop survey teams instead of going to the planet personaly with a large well equipped team.

It was Burke that sent them. And Burke had already figured out that there were millions to be made by the "bio-weapons division." He had also figured out that once the Weyland Yutani Administration stepped in, then all exclusive right claimed by the mom and pop survey team was null and void. So I'm pretty sure that the story hinted that some executives have interests in these monsters. Like I said before... it was so far an urban myth that could be worth millions (or billions due to inflation) if proven to be real.

Also in Alien. Ash had pre assigned directives from the company to protect the Alien... Special Order 937.

In the Alien book "Genocide", they manage to harvest the Alien Queen's "Royal Jelly", the ooze which helps poop out the eggs as a performance drug.

It causes a human to recieve phenominal skills such as enhanced strength and speed and stamina. However, the side affects are addiction and over dose is very simple.

There was a chapter where some athelte took the drugs regularly I think and ended up becoming a greasy spot on the wall after hitting it.

I think in the book, they were invaded by a large number of Xenomorphs and the infected areas became quarintined.

I don't know why, but the corperation ended up sending a large group of marines, and by that time they had weapons and armor which could handle the Xenomorphs effectivly....I think the armor was layered so it could take on a large amount of the acidic blood, and they also wore full scaled helmets with visors for protection, and had large caliber bullets for quick kills.

But a group of marines and scientists, even a corp member were sent to get more jelly from a queen while a territorial dispute between two factions of Xenomorphes were taking place.

The Marines ended up nuking one queen letting the other faction win, and in the end everything went to hell and some marine who was the bad guy ended up getting pumped full of the drugs and took on the whole army of Xenomorphs though was obviously killed in the end.

Take your Xenomorph discussion to another thread, Alien fanboys! This is supposed to be about Predator 2! :p

I agree that Pred 2 is definitely underrated. It's certainly not as great as the first film, but it doesn't attempt to anything rash like reinventing the franchise. I'd argue that the weakest link here was Danny Glover. He just seems out of place as the rather generic "loose cannon" cop. But in Arnold's absence from the movie, I'd imagine that fans would rather see the Predator himself mow down assorted gun-toting peons. And in this regard the film delivers in spades. It's a servicable follow-up to the first film that takes the Predator character to a different environment with a new bag of toys.

Take your Xenomorph discussion to another thread, Alien fanboys! This is supposed to be about Predator 2!  :p

I agree that Pred 2 is definitely underrated. It's certainly not as great as the first film, but it doesn't attempt to anything rash like reinventing the franchise. I'd argue that the weakest link here was Danny Glover. He just seems out of place as the rather generic "loose cannon" cop. But in Arnold's absence from the movie, I'd imagine that fans would rather see the Predator himself mow down assorted gun-toting peons. And in this regard the film delivers in spades. It's a servicable follow-up to the first film that takes the Predator character to a different environment with a new bag of toys.

lol blame hudson, he invaded pred 2 by acting as the one guy in the pred movies who makes bad jokes at the wrong time and became the skull you see in the trophie rack.

in the 2nd disc of the dvd they said they wanted arnold in it but the storyline think he said the character died 6 weeks after the pred 1 event in the cia's care.

danny glover wasn't that bad but it was missing mel gibson then it would been another lethal weapon movie with the preditor as the guest star.

Edited by Zentrandude

Any movie where they kill off Gary Busey is good enough for me. :p

The way I see it, Predator 2 is far better than Alien 3 and Resurrection. My main complaints about Pred2 are mostly in how cliche it is. The script is pure '80s hollywood stereotype from start to finish... I always saw Pred2 as the last gasp of the true '80s bloodbath makes-no-sense guns-a-blazin' movies.

That and to this day I cannot help but laugh out loud when I watch that movie... it is because when I first saw it I was still in the army and I and my friends in the brigade saw it in germany a while after it came out and we were riffing on it to beat the band. The scene where he kills the one Jamacan leader and then there is a quick cut to him polishing the skull for some stupid reason I blurted out "He's makin' him a milkshake!" which instantly caused all of us to laugh our asses off and get "shooshed" by the others in the room. "He's makin' him a milkshake" became our little overused joke for the next year for any and all situations. "Where's Jarel?", "He's makin' him a milkshake!". "What have you guys been doing all day?", "Makin' milkshakes".

It was just so stupid yet we loved it so. Thank you Predator 2 for letting us laugh about decapitation and skull trophy polishing.

I always liked Pred 2.

Its just Danny GLover which was too big a change from Arnie.

AVP might have been more fun if it was 1 lone predator vs some aliens playing hide and seek in a city.

Then throw in a SWAT team and some heavy weapon toting gang members as the humans unwittingly caught up. Gives good excuse to showcase the latest firearms, from P90 to .50 Sniper rifles to army surplus miniguns etc etc.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

a bigger guy wudve been preferable to danny glover, i mean in pred1 arnold near helpless in the preds hands, but he had the traps, so how the hell did danny glover even survive a single hit?

back on topic anyone know if any of the skulls are refrence to other creatures?