GX-30 Voltes V Blueprints

It's CONFIRMED (via Degenki Hobby)!!!!!

GX-30 is going to be the much anticipated, and highly debated VOLTES V!!!!

Just check out these yummy BLUEPRINTS! Judging from what I can see:

- Ultramagnetic Belt can be fed through the waist to some kind of nechanism

- Crewzer has an opening cockpit, landing gears, and better proportions

- Bomber is more accurate than the original! Fists actually hide inside the forearms

- Panzer's treads RETRACT FLUSH into the body!

- Some areas are basically the same as the GX-03, like the Lander.

- Unlike the original, the SOC version of Voltes can actually TURN HIS HEAD!

- A VOLTES BAZOOKA! VOLTES BAZOOKA!!!!

- A RETRACTABLE LAZER SWORD!!!!

GX30VoltesBluePrint01.jpg

GX30VoltesBluePrint02.jpg

... someone... get me some new shorts!

think of him as a upgrade. :p this is going to be a good year for SOC. , this, the gaiking and Xanbugle boy i had better start saving now. by the way this was already mentioned in the xanbugle thread that was just posted. maybe we should start a main thread for all the Soul of Chogokins and stuff.

Edited by zeo-mare

what's a VOLTES V ?

Old combiner type Super Robot :)

Not to mention the unofficial Philippine national hero.

Why doesn't Uncle Sam have a super robot?

patriotism--;

Actually you have the Six Million Dollar Man. Or the Terminator (er, Governator)... take your pick.

Man, I remember how popular Voltes V was in the PI... the 45 of the theme song sold out everywhere even though it was in Japanese.

Hey all,

A good friend in Japan(pinoy(sp)) always told me VoltesV was the PI equivalent of our love for Macross, although I cannot imagine Macross fandom on "national" scale, save but in the 'Actual' Macross universe.

Could somebody give me a clue? Why not Gundam or Gigantor, etc...? I cannot access the previous link from my PC(security/admin lock-out !:angry: )

Thanks

Vesp

Because President Marcos outlawed the showing of anime series that showed anything against tyranny when he found out about Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Grendizer, and Daimos. He didn't want the general public getting funny ideas from these cartoons. They never finished the series (as far as I recall I was about 6) so it went out at the height of its popularity with nothing like it to follow. They cancelled the Super Robot shows and replaced them with anime versions of Heidi and some anime about a magic mirror or dimensions... a sucky time for giant robot fans. :(

Of course none of us knew why these shows were cancelled at the time.

Edited by >EXO<

that was during the 1970's...

eventually TV networks would begin showing anime again starting in the late 1990's

and Voltes V was one of them, - Pinoy fanboys and casual audiences would be able to finally see how the story ended (if they havent already seen it in bootleg tapes or cds)!

Wow, I wasn't aware they started showing Voltes V again... I know they showed Robotech or Macross...

But in the Philippines, pulling the plug on Voltes V at the time was like Bruce Lee dying...

Edited by >EXO<

what's a VOLTES V ?

patriotism--;

Actually you have the Six Million Dollar Man. Or the Terminator (er, Governator)... take your pick.

Better yet, we have this!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/data/921117.html

El presidente in a mech.

Patriotism++;

*wonders why no one translated this thing*

Does anyone have the old die cast transforming Voltes V toy? I'm talking about the big one that actually separated into the ships. Man, that toy was awesome. I remember being 6 and seeing some kid on my block playing with it back in PI. I looked down at my 5 inch die cast Mazinger Z and felt inadequate. :lol:

It's pretty pricey nowadays if you can find it in good form.

Thanks for the "edju-macashun" EXO,

What a LOSER!!!! :lol: Actually felt threatened by the depictions of an anime!

...and America shielded his sorry ass & his Tammy Faye Baker-turd-of-a-wife when

they got ousted!?! 300 pairs of shoes! Should of let everyone in your nation try each one on just long enough to shove straight up their arses! :angry::lol:

From those drawings in Dengeki Hobby, GX-30 looks like a nicely designed toy with lots of gimmicks.

I won't be buying it though as I never liked Voltes-V. I'm a Combattler-V man through and through :D .

I always thought Combattler-V had a better looking robot mode, better looking individual vehicles, cooler attacks, better characters and a more kick-ass theme song.

I mean come on guys, a Yo Yo attack is far cooler than a spinning top attack.

Graham

Seven Posted: Apr 24 2005, 10:22 AM

Does anyone have the old die cast transforming Voltes V toy? I'm talking about the big one that actually separated into the ships. Man, that toy was awesome. I remember being 6 and seeing some kid on my block playing with it back in PI. I looked down at my 5 inch die cast Mazinger Z and felt inadequate. 

It's pretty pricey nowadays if you can find it in good form.

Attached Image

Hey, SEVEN, isn't this the GO DAIKIN version of VOLTES V that came out in the mid-late 80's? I think I might have seen one of this in MANILA, a few months ago, in a small anime store in the Edsa MEGAMALL Complex. A bit pricey though for the condition it was in, but stil looked cool ;):) !

what's a VOLTES V ?

patriotism--;

Uncle Sam has the Texas Mack. (see Getter Robo or Shin vs Neo Getter Robo)

Texas Mack isn't exactly something to set the burning fires of pride within someone's heart.

Texas Mack isn't exactly something to set the burning fires of pride within someone's heart.

Hey, what more do you want? The USA isn't about giant Super Robots. Japan is, and to a lesser extent the rest of Asia. At least they gave you a fully functional useful SuperRobot early in the 70's.

The rest of us had to wait for G Gundam. <_<:lol:

Hey, what more do you want? The USA isn't about giant Super Robots. Japan is, and to a lesser extent the rest of Asia. At least they gave you a fully functional useful SuperRobot early in the 70's.

The rest of us had to wait for G Gundam. <_<:lol:

Yes, but they gave us a fully functional super robot that looked like a clown.

Why couldn't we have Voltron? It's not like the japanese want him anyways.

Does anyone have the old die cast transforming Voltes V toy? I'm talking about the big one that actually separated into the ships. Man, that toy was awesome. I remember being 6 and seeing some kid on my block playing with it back in PI. I looked down at my 5 inch die cast Mazinger Z and felt inadequate. 

I think Nick(Solscud007) had this as a Kid but Im not sure