Revenge of the Sith Jedi Star Fighter

KiriK

i don't really collect star wars toys because i'm afraid that if i start, i may not stop.... but i couldn't pass on this when i saw it.... Anakin's Jedi Starfighter for $20 and Toysrus is one of the coolest frickin ships i've seen in all of SW.... haha... it says so much from its design of whats to come!! i love it!! and the paint job rocks!! i have to go find an Anakin figure for it.... haha....

check it out on a flexi-display stand.... it was the first toy that i tested out one of the stands on and it looks dayam nice....

Picture011.jpg

cool toy i was thinking about getting one but i do not want to start collecting another series. i may pick up a General Grevious Unleashed figure though B))

Edited by zeo-mare

My copy of Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross Sections arrived last night from Chapters and I've finally had a chance to look it over. The Jedi Interceptor design is so very nice. I love the merging of design lineages from the old Aethersprite Jedi Starfighter combined with what will become the TIE Fighter series. The toy looks very good and true to the original design. Very nice!

So far, the V-Wing and the Jedi Interceptor are my favorite new fighter designs in ROTS.

Edited by Mr March

I thought it was ugly at first until I saw the view from the top. When I realized it was not short and stubby, I fell in love with it!! And graham was the green one selling like hotcakes? See to me the green one is cool and I LOVE gift bundles, but I go mainly for accuracy to the movie or show, and if anakin has it, its a definite must buy for me, if not...well i duno damn gift bundles so tempting!!

Very Nice...and it has a stand? <_< Now I gotta get it, lol...

the stand is from Flexi-displays... the ones that Haterist were selling.... the toy wouldn't look half as good displayed if it wasn't on it.... I was actually surprised at how big the frickin thing is when i first opened it.... granted i realized afterwards that its supposed to fit one of those figures in it....

man... a green version??? i wanna see what it looks like.... the Obi-Wan version w/ R4 looks very nice too.... but then i was thinkin.... crap... if i get another one.. then i'll have to buy more SW vehicles!! like the speeder and RT-RT or whatever its called.... i better stop myself w/ just this one...

Some cool features about the toy are the spring loaded missles on the wings.... a button on the back releases the TIE looking wings and spreads out... It comes with a pretty cheap sticker sheet that adds some nice detail... especially on the removable R2-D2 droid....

OOO that's another cool thing.... R2 can be removed and be replaced with the real figure from the toy line... now that's something i might have to look into to complete this bad boy.... haha...

There is an obiwan pilot figure coming out later this year.

Also the ARC fighter is pretty bad ass. It is likle an z wing, butterfly, and sailboat smashed into one!! Looks totally badass you GOT to get it!

Plo Kloon has a starfighter coming out as well but its just the starfighter from EPII done in aquamarine and white stripes.

The ARC-170 starfighter/gunship and the Jedi Starfighter are both odd designs, but in an appealing way, at least to me. Does anyone have the ARC-170? It's the same size as the FX-X-wing which, in my opinion is THE best vehicle toy in Star Wars history. I'm waiting for the eventual repaints and hopefully a point in time where the Clone Trooper pilots and ARC gunners become plentiful for all of us...arc170.jpg

Guest Bromgrev
I actually thought that it was a reaaally ugly ship design... must just be me tho.

I'm with you there, I don't like it either.

The bastard child of a tie fighter and an A-wing ... Why would it have a bubble-canopy and tie fighter-style flat pane front window? Do jedi have eyes in the soles of their feet? :blink:

Edit - 11 o'clock blind spot: that's a very strange place to put an R2 unit ...

Edited by Bromgrev

The ARC-170 starfighter/gunship and the Jedi Starfighter are both odd designs, but in an appealing way, at least to me. Does anyone have the ARC-170? It's the same size as the FX-X-wing which, in my opinion is THE best vehicle toy in Star Wars history. I'm waiting for the eventual repaints and hopefully a point in time where the Clone Trooper pilots and ARC gunners become plentiful for all of us...arc170.jpg

I might pick up one of those. I like the look of it. I love my FX X-Wing (just wish the seperator hadn't mysteriously broken). I haven't really collected any Star Wars toys since AOTC. I got too wrapped up in anime collecting. Still, I might grab a few. At least I might get the ships.

I actually thought that it was a reaaally ugly ship design... must just be me tho.

You're not the only one. Disappointed by overall ship design (again) - both fighters are too colorful and cartoony IMO - although the proto-star destroyers aren't so bad, as they look similar to the early Ralph McQuarrie (sp?) designs.

the lego version is better and more swooshable too! :D

i heard that lego will be releasing the obi and mace JSFs with a couple of droid fighters towards the end of the year as a package deal. :) without those damn LULS(light up light saber) figs. i mean they're cool but i want a regular mace windu minifig.

Edited by haterist

LoL... what do you know... my little bro has out posted me and also out collected me

and to think... it all began with just a bandai vf-1a reissue.

Hiyo big bro.... haha... i hate you and i love you for getting me into macross/robotech.... its given me a crazy money spending hobby..... and btw... since u've stopped collecting... how about handing over some of the cool stuff u gots??? =]

oh... and i really like the ARC-170... bad ass!!!!

QUOTE (promethuem5 @ Apr 19 2005, 08:26 PM)

and iono why people think the its a bad design..... whats so bad about it??? i think the colors match just fine and isn't nearly as colorful as the TPM naboo fighters.... i think out of the prequel series.... these ships are definitely the best looking ones.... i guess maybe because they look nostalgic and forshadow a lot of the vehicles from the original series....

I was drooling over the Ep3 legos.

I have a ton of SW legos. :)

The wookie sets don't do anything for me, but I'll be getting a couple of the ones with the tank just for the treads. Those things have been hard to find since they haven't made a Technic set with them in many years.

The Jedi Starfighter's cannopy is nice, and will definitely get some use. Need to pick up a couple more of those sets. I'll also be getting an Arc fighter just for the cannopy (no more need to hunt down an A-wing or a Naboo fighter for them). The big wheeled thing looks like it has some nice pieces, but I'll wait for the price to come down.

I was drooling over the Ep3 legos.

I have a ton of SW legos.  :)

The wookie sets don't do anything for me, but I'll be getting a couple of the ones with the tank just for the treads. Those things have been hard to find since they haven't made a Technic set with them in many years.

The Jedi Starfighter's cannopy is nice, and will definitely get some use. Need to pick up a couple more of those sets. I'll also be getting an Arc fighter just for the cannopy (no more need to hunt down an A-wing or a Naboo fighter for them). The big wheeled thing looks like it has some nice pieces, but I'll wait for the price to come down.

actually i have all the new epi sets. :) some of them are kind of bleh

wookie catamaran, not really sturdy, not that great overall but you get the LULS luminara fig and the two green clones. wait til you find this on sale for atleast 25% off.

grevious chase, not worth the price at all, the grevious fig would be cool had they not used the battle droid leg....them things suckand wear out too quickly. its also the only set(so far) that comes with a regular obi-wan(non LULS).

wookie attack, is hurting, the wookies look really cool but other than that, this set is *makes fart noise*. like you said, the tank treads is the only plus to this set. i'd wait for this to hit clearance or raid bricklink for the treads.

CTT, is pretty friggin cool overall. theres lots of gaps as with all lego models but its actually a pretty good set(outside of the new cheapy plastic wheels). not really worth $90(i paid $70) but it does come with quite a few minifigs including the long awaited LULS mace windu fig plus some reg. clones, officer clone and the kasshblah(sp?) green scout trooper fig.

clone scout walker, is a great little set for the money. you get the cool clone with the red markings which is what i really wanted out of the set. i'll be buying tons of these when they go on sale.

ultimate light saber duel, man this set blows goats, a complete waste of money but i'm a completist so i had no choice but to get it. come with both anakin and obi LULS figs but thats really it. the set itself is just sad, i dont' know how else to describe it. it has some play value if i were like 5 years old since you can have anakin and obi duke it out but its not even a good parts set. i wouldn't buy this again even at 50% off.

darth vader transformation, another great little set for what it is. it come with anakin and DV plus a cool medical droid. its not a lot of money and worth ahving as it is an important scene.

the arc-170, this set rocks! yeah it has gaps(nothing that can't be modded) but it a great set. it has a decent amount of parts, its a fun build plus you get 3 clone pilots(sand blue arms, legs and hips) and R4. the coolest feature is, it has gunner seat in the rear giving it a WWII feel to it. $40 well worth it $30 even better, $20, i'll buy 10 of them.

tri-fighter, its pretty cool for the price and if you're a parts monkey, this is the one you want to pick up like 20 of when they hit clearance. lots of clicky hinge pieces and sand blue tiles, modified bricks, etc.

the Jedi starfighter and vulture droid, the JSF is pretty cool, the vulture droid is pretty cool, the price tag is NOT cool. $20 for this is too much money for what it is. i paid $15 but i think the new windsceen is what jacked up the price of the set.

anything i've missed?

sorry to go off about lego sets but its my other favorite hobby and i'm always excited in sharing my enthusiasm. :)