Spawn the Animation is back!

Spawn is still popular? I thought he went out of style in the late 90's, around the time everyone realized what a complete assbag Todd "I'm so overrated" McFarlane is.

Come on now....look how long it took readers to realize how talentless Rob Liefeld was. :p

Spawn is still popular? I thought he went out of style in the late 90's, around the time everyone realized what a complete assbag Todd "I'm so overrated" McFarlane is.

Come on now....look how long it took readers to realize how talentless Rob Liefeld was. :p

Yeah, but you don't see an animated Youngbloods series, do you? ;)

For what its worth I think it looks cool!!! I actually like Todd's artwork a lot more in spiderman 1-12 rather than his spawn stuff. While spawn is cool and an antihero I havent been interested in the comic for years now.

I never saw the cartoon...maybe I will get it on DVD. Terry any info onto what network is going to show this?

For what its worth I think it looks cool!!!  I actually like Todd's artwork a lot more in spiderman 1-12 rather than his spawn stuff.  While spawn is cool and an antihero I havent been interested in the comic for years now. 

I never saw the cartoon...maybe I will get it on DVD. Terry any info onto what network is going to show this?

Right now everything is in the conceptual stage. Eventhough, Todd McFarlane has signed a deal with IDT to produce many projects for them. Spawn is the first of many to come.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Why does Spawn in the design pic above have one big boot and one small boot?

Has he got a club foot or something? Looks mighty odd IMO.

Graham

That's either a product of late 90's form-over-function design or an indicator of some of the torture that the damned go through in hell:

Satan "Bwa ha! I'm so evil, I give you only ONE boot!"

Spawn "Waaaaandaaaa!"

Bleh, Spawn's dead. It was cool for its time, but end it already.

I bought the HBO series on VHS years ago and I enjoyed it, for the most part. Some of the episodes are kind of boring, but overall it's pretty good. Hopefully this new one is more graphic. The first series needed more bloodshed to suit my taste, and I've got the uncut editions. This is also one of the many flaws with the live-action movie. I'm still wondering what the hell happened there and don't like to even speak of it.

Maybe Todd lost so much money to ex-NHLer Tony Twist that he's trying to cash in on a Spawn revival. If this new series happens, expect new toys as well.

If this new series happens, expect new toys as well.

Cough....'toys'...cough......This is McFarlane you are talking about. Don't you mean: -

"expect new breakage-prone, poorly articulated statues". :lol:

Graham

:o Then that means that Toynami has already sign in to produce the toys??? :p

Edited by RichterX

LOL naw TMP actually has good sculptors. Why bother hiring toynami? I think spawn should stay shortnosed, and not come in a leather case. lol.

Anyway yea the toyliner took a nosedive i dont even know why they are still called action figures. They are definitely plastic statues that you can pose some limbs with. Waves 1-3 were cool but then as waves progressed articulation started lacking hardcore. meh.

IMHO anyways.

Did they say how long this new series will be on tv?>

LOL naw TMP actually has good sculptors. Why bother hiring toynami? I think spawn should stay shortnosed, and not come in a leather case. lol.

Anyway yea the toyliner took a nosedive i dont even know why they are still called action figures. They are definitely plastic statues that you can pose some limbs with. Waves 1-3 were cool but then as waves progressed articulation started lacking hardcore. meh.

IMHO anyways.

Did they say how long this new series will be on tv?>

I was just joking seeing that the description of the Spawn figures sounded like the one for an MPC :lol:

If this new series happens, expect new toys as well.

Cough....'toys'...cough......This is McFarlane you are talking about. Don't you mean: -

"expect new breakage-prone, poorly articulated statues". :lol:

Graham

LOL! Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Thanks Graham!

You guys have no idea how many TODD brand toys i have seen broken unopened on the shelves, Robocop, The Sentinel, an APU. I like to use that fact to get mine 1/2 off. Got my little squiddy that way. All i had to do was glue the arm back on :p

By the way? what happened to the sequel live action spawn. It has been filmed. Is it vaporware now?

Edited by HWR MKII

I don't get the boot thing.... or McFarlene 'toys' lack of articulation....

HWR- I know what you mean... I went to get an APU fig and went thru all 7 of them on the shelf with the exaact same broken arm. Wish I had gotten one anyways and fixed it... it was a gorgeous toy.