CUstom Max 1A

hirohawa

This wasjust a quickie to play around with plastikote and fusion. This 1/60 was a botched Hikaru that was donated to me I was originally just gonna do a Kakizaki but wanted to give the max scheme a whirl.

The soft shading is done with an airbrush, and oil paints for the streaks.

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

Edited by hirohawa

Thanks for all the kind words.

Plastikote is really great and I highly reccomend it for use on plastic. Just use it lightly. I also used White Fusion on the diecast legs per EXO's advice. The blue plastikote stuck onto the white fusion paint on the diecast legs with no problems. This is probably the #1 reason this sucker only took like a few nights to do.

Also thanks to Exo for the recast pilot figure he gave me like two years ago when we first met.

Also used Pinesol to strip off the original Hikaru scheme on the plastic parts.

Before I did this custom I never really cared for the Max 1A but I really like the scheme now and will try it on a 1/48.

Edited by hirohawa

I know took some liberties with the scheme.

But the stripes on the arms and the arrows on the head are already panel lined so I couldn't resist. Also I think it breaks up the blue and unifies it with the white more.

That is a cool 1/55 custom. I don't know if I have the patience to decal up mine.

Now that's a nice valkyrie. Show's what a great fighter mode the 1/60 has. B))

The 1/60 is best in Battroid. I still think Fighter mode is hideous in the 1/60.

But that one sure looks good....