Newbie Questions on Macross

There is no real answer for this. The coordinate system for folding is unknown since we don't know what it is relative to, the center of the universe or the position of the ship relative to the it's destination.

I'd assume, though, that whatever they use, at least UN Spacy ships would probably use Earth as their zero point (i.e. the center of the map)

Earth moves around a lot, though. Sol...maybe, but the sun is moving around the galaxy. I'd use the center of the galaxy.

I'd use a vector from the starting point, personally. Only need one set of co-ordinates that way.

from what squadron is that vf-0 on the background:

IIRC roy's vf is marked 301 right and designated as skull one, so i was wondering whats the designation on that one? :unsure:

They're all part of Skull squadron. Roy's was the only VF that had the Jolly Rogers insignia on the plane.

Numbers can mean very little.

Just found this browsing through the internet:

msaga-5.jpg

WTF?

U.S. Army? I thought it was the U.N. Army? Is this for real? :unsure:

BTW? is that minmei standing next to the car? :unsure:

Also saw thius

32rt17.jpg

:blink::blink::blink:

what episode is this from?

really sorry guys i did'nt see the 1st macross completely. <_<<_<

Edited by grss1982

U.S. Army? I thought it was the U.N. Army? Is this for real? :unsure:

BTW? is that minmei standing next to the car? :unsure:

:blink:

Lots of little jokes are in Macross. That's probably one of them.

And yes, that is Minmay standing at the car. That's a composite screenshot of Ep. 31, "Satan's Dolls".

what episode is this from?

really sorry guys i did'nt see the 1st macross completely.

Episode 32.

Those shots are also found in Robotech. You can check Robotech if you must.... <_<

Edited by azrael

Those shots are also found in Robotech. You can check Robotech if you must.... <_<

NEVER!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Over My dead body I will!!!!!!!! :angry:

anyway heres some more: :p

32rt47.jpg

Is this supposed to be from some super deformed macross or something? what is that thing infront of the monster's barrel? and whats tha on top of it a zentraedi soldier? :blink:

AND

22rt65.jpg

roy fokker running away from battle pods? :unsure:

PLUS

rt2804.jpg

Does'nt he remind you of somebody from a show known as Centurions? You know the ones where thos guys shout "power extreme" to become the ultimate man-machine combo. Who was that bad guy's name that resembes him? is this another one of those american cartoons paying homage to macross? :unsure:

Edited by grss1982

Is this supposed to be from some super deformed macross or something? what is that thing infront of the monster's barrel? and whats tha on top of it a zentraedi soldier? :blink:

AND

The simple answer to all these questions is WATCH MACROSS

Watch Robotech: The Macross Saga if you must but watch it first before you post anymore simple screenshots of episodes.

1) Watch episode 32.

2) Watch episode 22/23.

3) You could have used Google.... <_<

http://www.sfxb.co.uk/animated/centurions.html

NEVER!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Over My dead body I will!!!!!!!! :angry:

anyway heres some more: :p

32rt47.jpg

That's a VF-1 up front. And Kamjin on top.

AND

22rt65.jpg

Hikaru, actually. And he's not running FROM something as much as TO something.

PLUS

rt2804.jpg

Does'nt he remind you of somebody from a show known as Centurions? You know the ones where thos guys shout "power extreme" to become the ultimate man-machine combo. Who was that bad guy's name that resembes him? is this another one of those american cartoons paying homage to macross?  :unsure:

Eyepatches and metal plates aren't exactly an original idea.

Is this supposed to be from some super deformed macross or something? what is that thing infront of the monster's barrel? and whats tha on top of it a zentraedi soldier?  :blink:

AND

The simple answer to all these questions is WATCH MACROSS

Watch Robotech: The Macross Saga if you must but watch it first before you post anymore simple screenshots of episodes.

1) Watch episode 32.

2) Watch episode 22/23.

3) You could have used Google.... <_<

http://www.sfxb.co.uk/animated/centurions.html

The problem here in the Philippines specifically in cebu city, where i'm from BTW is that there are not that many anime hobby shops, which have macross. heck i even went to the city's section that is full of pirated stuff, but still no dice. no sdf macross copies :angry:

Anyway, thanks for the replies B)) will try googling harder! :p

Robotech Macross Saga? Never!!!!!!!! :angry:

The Original Macross All The Way!!!!!!! B))

What are the bhp and shp in the Destroid readouts supposed to be:

Using: http://www.acronymfinder.com/

The most appropriate would seem to be base horsepower and shaft horsepower respectively, but is there a official one?

Also is the 3,300 m/s for the Defender class Destroid muzzle velocity, at Macross Compendium, from a source with high canonocity? Afterall if each round was just 250 grams at the rate of fire and muzzle velocity there'd be a force of greater then 90 US tons on each arm.

The most appropriate would seem to be base horsepower and shaft horsepower respectively, but is there a official one?

If there is....no one has bothered to tell us.... (as a side note, Destroid specs aren't as detailed as their VF-counterparts)

Also is the 3,300 m/s for the Defender class Destroid muzzle velocity, at Macross Compendium, from a source with high canonocity?

The Compendium is the official source of info outside of Japan....it can't get any more official than the Compendium. However, Egan is open to typographical errors.... ;)

I'd like to buy the DYRL movie. I'm assuming that there is no English dubbed version, only subtitled.

Which version do I want to buy? And where?

On eBay, there's a "Perfect Version" and a version that doesn't mention it being "perfect." Both go for about $12-$15 including shipping.

I'm guessing that this is the right place to ask this question.

Get it from Valkyrie-exchange.com. There's a link on the main page of this site. No hassles, no worries.

There's an english dub called clash of the bionoids... if your not out for a laugh then for goodness sake don't buy it.

Hey There guys just a n00b question

1. About how many missles can a micro missle pod and the fast packs dorsal pack carry

Which FAST pack/VF model?

Edited by azrael

1. About how many missles can a micro missle pod and the fast packs dorsal pack carry

O, sorry, I was referring to the vf-1 valkyrie, and the standard fast pack from the sdf macross

O, sorry, I was referring to the vf-1 valkyrie, and the standard fast pack from the sdf macross

Officially: No response.

Conjecture from toys and drawings: 2-3 missiles per HMMP-02 launcher x 4 per booster. So about 8-12 missiles per pod.

hi guys, i was just browsing through the sites' magazine section and i found this:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...ay-dh-page3.jpg

notice the scene were the vf-0s and the vf-0d are flying together, its in the right most part of the scanned page.

IIRC there is no such scene in macross zero. :unsure: I was just wondering could that pic be for the boxed art or what?

hi guys, i was just browsing through the sites' magazine section and i found this:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...ay-dh-page3.jpg

notice the scene were the vf-0s and the vf-0d are flying together, its in the right most part of the scanned page.

IIRC there is no such scene in macross zero. :unsure: I was just wondering could that pic be for the boxed art or what?

Nope. Not on the dvd covers. That scene probably was filmed but eventually edited from the final product.

VF-1's output power was listed in PS, or Pferde Starke (horse power), so it would be safe to think Macross listed other outputs in all measure system but Gundam's kw.

It think it's "brake horsepower" rather than base. Try google for more info (like this).

FV

VF-1's output power was listed in PS, or Pferde Starke (horse power), so it would be safe to think Macross listed other outputs in all measure system but Gundam's kw.

It think it's "brake horsepower" rather than base. Try google for more info (like this).

FV

More likely, the Macross mecha use mechanical linkages for drivetrain, necessitating extra measures, as kW is USUALLY used for electrical output.

Most notably, the VF-1's turbine engine is a known mechanical drive mechanism.

I would assume that the PS is the turbine, and kW is the electrical output, since both units are spec'ed, and electrical power available goes up in battroid mode, when the jet turbine is shut down.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I finally bought the "perfect" version of the DYRL movie. My copy just jumps right into the story without any intro. Is the first scene in the movie a conversation between two Zentraedi (I forget their names, but it's the Zentraei commander with the eye patch and his advisor)? Or is my version not so "perfect?"

Thanks!

Yup, that's how it starts. Britai and Exedore talking about the artifacts and odd signals coming from the enemy ship, then a cut to the Macross emerging from the darkness with the themesong fanfare.

The only thing you might be missing is the logo from the distributor (I want to say it's the shimmering Toho logo, but I could be forgetting).

Okay, I finally bought the "perfect" version of the DYRL movie. My copy just jumps right into the story without any intro. Is the first scene in the movie a conversation between two Zentraedi (I forget their names, but it's the Zentraei commander with the eye patch and his advisor)? Or is my version not so "perfect?"

Thanks!

I believe that's the 1st scene. I'd have to check.

This shot really gives more credence to being able to position the gunpod facing forward, as in DYRL when Max goes buck-nutty.

I wonder if you could have a VF operate 4 gunpods at once in battroid mode...? :ph34r:

post-2-1115784860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arrowyn

This shot really gives more credence to being able to position the gunpod facing forward, as in DYRL when Max goes buck-nutty.

I wonder if you could have a VF operate 4 gunpods at once in battroid mode...? :ph34r:

Trying to bait John Woo into snagging the license for a live-action Macross, are we?

The only thing you might be missing is the logo from the distributor (I want to say it's the shimmering Toho logo, but I could be forgetting).

It is indeed the famed shimmering Toho logo. Sans Godzilla, of course :p

This may have been answered, but frankly the thread is 67 pages long, and i havent got all that long to read em all.

When a Valk shifts modes, how does the gunpod get into the hand/ Just it just detach and the hand catches it as it extends, or does it slide out to be grasped by the hand as it emerges? And is there a control or something in the valk that decides if the gunpod stays on the arm or is in the hand? And if it is a catch, then u wouldnt wanna change while banking or something coz inertia may just flick the gunpod awaybefore the hand can catch it!

This may have been answered, but frankly the thread is 67 pages long, and i havent got all that long to read em all.

When a Valk shifts modes, how does the gunpod get into the hand/ Just it just detach and the hand catches it as it extends, or does it slide out to be grasped by the hand as it emerges? And is there a control or something in the valk that decides if the gunpod stays on the arm or is in the hand? And if it is a catch, then u wouldnt wanna change while banking or something coz inertia may just flick the gunpod awaybefore the hand can catch it!

As shown in vol. 1 of macross zero the gunpod detaches and the hand catches it as it flies through the air.

dont know though if their is such a control were in it can be optioned to be attached in the arm after transforming.

just my $0.02 though.

Thanks!

Minus the company logos you are missing much. Even the theatrical version when I watched it did not have the logos it was black then faded to Britai and Exedore. Classic moments and then... the real opening. B)) The Summer of 83 was great! :)