Robotech.com to go down

I sure hope so!

I can't believe how depressed I was on reading the news (or "news", as the case may be).

I can barely start to project my reaction if MW goes down.

I have to say I'm happy and sad at the same time. Happy that it's going down, because that place is boring anyway. But sad that once it's down, all them robotechies will end up here somehow and flood this place up with robotech stuff. Noooo!!!! :o We must fight to keep MW from getting tainted by them! Arrggghhh!!! But then again, this could be a April fool's joke..... :p:D:lol:

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else, or doesn't belong in this forum, please feel free to lock or move.

I just went to Robotech.com and it said that it was going down March 21st @ 1PM PST. No reason or anything.

Anyone know why?

new server.

well, just in case i bought a "robotech.com exclusive" toy now rather than waiting and hoping to see it on Ebay at some point. God that website's prices are insane. I think I'm gonna head over there and blow every TOU now...

Yeah, I've actually heard a lot of talk that the site is going down, but only for 3-4 days...

Steve has to resolve host issues and celebrate april fools a few weeks early? You be the judge.

Edited by Wesker99

Well, I am obviously as uninformed as everyone else here, but here is my thought.

Out of curiousity I read the RT.com thread, and Steve said that he wasn't at liberty to say why they were shutting down so abruptly. I don't see how server problems fit the bill here, so it is either a real shut-down, or a rather lame joke. I don't see another option.

It does sound like merely a server change. I finally made Corporal over there(how, since I'm here more than there I don't know). It would suck to finally get that promotion then have the whole site gone. :rolleyes::ph34r:

Then why the crap is Steve being so uninformative and bleak about the whole thing?

I say lame april fools joke, but I don't really care either way. <_<

I would say that he is setting up his april fools joke and trying fix some server issues. Of course the site is crap anyways and putting Steve in charge of it doesn't matters at all, since he doesn't appear to have the qualifications to run a website.

Here is the chat log when Tommy told us about it

<joerabbit> do you even know why the site is going down?

<BlueTrim> it will be tomorrow in twenty minutes

<Tommy> server contract expired - the ISP is taking it down

<joerabbit> oy vey

<joerabbit> so we have to wait on co-location negotiations

<joerabbit> just great

<Tommy> the original company that did the launch hosting of RT.COM actually no longer exists

<joerabbit> will this irc room remain up?

* Tommy holds up hand - Scout's honor

> wow... ^^ imagine that the Macross World people will not realize this and freak with joy when they see the site down

<Tommy> it'll be up monday morning, but when RT.COM does down this chatroom probably will too